More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 02, 05:54:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Time Control in Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Time Control in Sims 3  (Read 8496 times)
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Time Control in Sims 3
« on: 2009 November 28, 19:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 2 gamers might remember a mod called Merlola's Time Control Clock. It was a custom object which allowed the user to change the pace time passed. I found it very useful and it was my #1 gameplay mod. I can't think about throwing a party or playing a regular game without it. I've searched for something like this mod here and there but nothing so far. Does anyone know of such a mod for Sims 3? Or maybe someone's thinking of making something like that...
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Time Control in Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 21:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, and it will never happen.

I can't remember which site it was on now, but someone on one of them tried looking into a TS3 equivalent and quickly discovered that in order to make it work, they would have to dive into the xml code and change literally hundreds of variables to make them all sync up with the new timescale. Add to this that any mod that affects motive decay or that carries out other time-sensitive adjustments would be immediately obsolete as a result. Throw in EA's propensity of issuing broken patches every other week and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'll see if I can find a link to the original discussion.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB.pl?num=1245690339

Like I said, very grim reading if you want a similar mod for TS3.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Time Control in Sims 3
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 28, 22:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Merolian clock didn't really work either, and exhibited all these same issues. What it basically did was create a miniature "Groundhog's Day" effect where a single moment in time would repeat itself several times until the desired speed factor had been reached. This was not a good thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: