More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 22:20:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Cuisine enthusiasm from eating
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cuisine enthusiasm from eating  (Read 3683 times)
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cuisine enthusiasm from eating
« on: 2009 November 28, 14:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it happen with custom content disabled, on a brand new neighborhood. Is it normal? And either way, is there a way to stop it? Other than having sims starve to death, I mean Wink
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Cuisine enthusiasm from eating
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 14:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is normal. It just seems to make sense to me that eating would gain enthusiasm for a hobby that's all about food! Not so sure if you can disable it, but why would you want to?

SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 29, 13:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes no sense to me, because cooking is a hobby, not eating. I was concerned that I'd end up with all sims having Cuisine enthusiasm, which would in turn trigger more hobby idle animations galore (and my sims are already battling Carpal Tunnel syndrome).

But now I see that the enthusiasm seems to decrease at an acceptable rate. So the only annoyance seems to be the "Sim has gained enthusiasm about cooking! She can now serve chips and dip" message popping up at least once per simday, which apparently cannot be removed altogether.

Thanks for the reply Cheesy
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 30, 10:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One niggle 'cause I can't leave well enough alone Tongue

The hobby is cuisine, not cooking. Cuisine encompasses everything to do with food, and this includes eating. It is, in fact, actually a hobby of some people to discuss the relative merits of various restaurants and the execution of their dishes. Like someone into art doesn't have to be an artist to discuss/appreciate/collect it, one doesn't have to be a cook to appreciate food to the level of analysis and critique. See also: Foodies.

That is all.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: