More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:54:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stupid SimChina quest impossible to complete.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid SimChina quest impossible to complete.  (Read 4598 times)
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Stupid SimChina quest impossible to complete.
« on: 2009 November 28, 08:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm supposed to have my Sim win the blasted Martial Arts tournament, but the guy that I'm supposed to fight for the first round?  Is the Relics shopkeeper.

And he never leaves the shop.

No matter when/how often I call him, or what my relationship with him is, I get the "I'm at work and I don't know when I'll be done" answer when I try to call him or challenge him or invite him over or do *anything*.  I can go over and talk to him at the shop, but I can't challenge him to spar or fight.

Next on the list, try romancing him and marrying him to make him selectable.  *sigh*

EDIT: Nope.  He's married, but I never get an option for 'ask to break up with X', nor do I get to ask him to go to my Sim's vacation home.  And I haven't figured out yet how to kill him off, since my buy/build controls are only good on my home lot.  Anybody got any ideas?

EDIT 2:  I do sometimes get a 'challenge to ranked sparring match' option... but only when it's grayed out because my Sim is fatigued.  If she's not within a hair of getting the tired moodlet, it doesn't show up at all.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 28, 08:41:29 by Edana ni Emer » Logged
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
Re: Stupid SimChina quest impossible to complete.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 09:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT 2:  I do sometimes get a 'challenge to ranked sparring match' option... but only when it's grayed out because my Sim is fatigued.  If she's not within a hair of getting the tired moodlet, it doesn't show up at all.

testingcheatsenabled, then right-click on the fatigued / tired moodlet to get rid of it - that should let you choose that option?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 28, 12:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter when/how often I call him, or what my relationship with him is, I get the "I'm at work and I don't know when I'll be done" answer when I try to call him or challenge him or invite him over or do *anything*.  I can go over and talk to him at the shop, but I can't challenge him to spar or fight.

Have you tried Greeting the said Sim first? You have to do that before challenge can work.
If all fails, shift-age up the said sim until said sim dies. You will then get a new merch and challenger assigned.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 28, 17:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Greeting the said Sim first? You have to do that before challenge can work.
If all fails, shift-age up the said sim until said sim dies. You will then get a new merch and challenger assigned.

All else failed. :-)  I ended up having to kill him off.  Thanks!  Don't know why I didn't think of that... I guess I was trying to find a legitimate way to do it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 29, 09:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm supposed to have my Sim win the blasted Martial Arts tournament, but the guy that I'm supposed to fight for the first round?  Is the Relics shopkeeper.
That is quite bizarre. I looked at the code for this, and according to the code, a merchant should never be assigned as a tournament opponent. However, perhaps they got assigned to the role after already being selected? Were they already the merchant BEFORE being chosen, or did this only happen afterwards. I will look into this matter some more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 30, 14:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggested that because I was assigned the special merchant as the tournament competitor too, and since nothing worked, I ended up killing her off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 30, 17:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current version of AwesomeMod should disqualify anyone who has a special role. See if that helps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 01, 05:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe he was already a shopkeeper when the tourney role was assigned.  They don't seem to kill themselves off much, and my Sim had been wandering around doing other quests.  I'll try plugging in AM now that I've got the patch and give it a shot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: