More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:48:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?  (Read 20986 times)
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod breaks Sims 3 upon installation?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 20, 06:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have just got to put my two cents in. I was inclined to go with single spacing because that is what printers and typesetters use. However, upon further investigation you are all right, according to the Modern Language Association. That should make you all happy. You can either double space or single space it's your call. However I agree, Murhagh, there is entirely too much nick picking on the forum. It takes away from the main objective and that is to help people play their Sims game not to teach them grammar. This whole thread was a waste except for a couple of constructive post.

Here's the link http://www.mla.org/style_faq3, but the meat of the matter is stated below:

Because it is increasingly common for papers and manuscripts to be prepared with a single space after all punctuation marks, this spacing is shown in the examples in the MLA Handbook and the MLA Style Manual. As a practical matter, however, there is nothing wrong with using two spaces after concluding punctuation marks unless an instructor or editor requests that you do otherwise.

So you can be practical or go with the flow.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 20, 06:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However I agree, Murhagh, there is entirely too much nick picking on the forum. It takes away from the main objective and that is to help people play their Sims game not to teach them grammar.

The point of this forum is to help people play their game? Surely you jest. Are you really that stupid?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 20, 07:01:22 by Grimma » Logged

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 20, 06:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... unless an instructor or editor requests that you do otherwise.

All the board's a stage, And all the men and women merely editors.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 20, 07:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However I agree, Murhagh, there is entirely too much nick picking on the forum. It takes away from the main objective and that is to help people play their Sims game not to teach them grammar. This whole thread was a waste except for a couple of constructive post.
It was Grammar Day. GRAMMAR Day. How shocking it must have been to you to see posters correcting each others' grammar on GRAMMAR DAY.

Brains: what are they good for?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 22, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is new?  Everyday on here is Grammar Day.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 22, 08:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is new?  Everyday on here is Grammar Day.

No, only on GRAMMAR DAY you can get an award for correcting someone's grammar. Or you suck and get the "Rainbow of Suck". That's the difference.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 22, 12:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However I agree, Murhagh, there is entirely too much nick picking on the forum. It takes away from the main objective and that is to help people play their Sims game not to teach them grammar.

Are you really that stupid?

Yes. The OP failed entirely to notice the key word: style, which formed such an obvious part of his otherwise utterly unhelpful "grammar" advice link. Editorial style has less to do with grammar than with the use of typological artifices, such as how to space two em dashes in text. Editorial style can impinge on grammar and spelling only to the extent of standardising the spelling of words that can have more than one spelling, for example malarky versus malarkey. Editorial style is also used to define house standards regarding such soft-grammar issues as split infinitives, gerundive verbiage and other such MOAR-fight inducing issues.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 22, 14:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  Did you guys really spend a page and a half arguing about grammar and correcting grammar?
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 22, 22:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  Did you guys really spend a page and a half arguing about grammar and correcting grammar?
What a silly question. Here's a better one: how come wrong numbers are never busy?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 24, 22:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Busy signals still exist?!

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 25, 11:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, you mean they no longer do?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neo maxi zoom dweebie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 January 02, 18:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, kuronue, there really is a busy signal. As long as millions of little boys and girls believe.

I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights. -John Bender
snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 January 02, 19:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/NorthAmericanBusySignal.ogg

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: