More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:47:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Invisible/mystery object blocking the way.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible/mystery object blocking the way.  (Read 5369 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Invisible/mystery object blocking the way.
« on: 2009 December 07, 07:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi hi,

So I'm playing my current sim house, and notice that right in the middle of a large area, that is completely empty, my sims will never walk straight through. Instead, they will have to walk all the way around this empty area, hugging the walls in order to get to where they wish. I don't recall ever having placed an object in that spot. It's been empty for as long as the house has been there.

I tried to click on the ground in the middle of that area,  to have my sims "Go here" But the option will not come up, there is a space of about 4 squares  where I just cannot click on. I went to buy mode to see if an end table could be placed there, I got the message "Cannot intersect objects". Again, nothing appears to be here, and it is a large space, not blocked by doors or chairs or anything else. I tried dragging the walls over that area, couldn't do that either.

Not sure what could be going on here. I'd hate to bulldoze the lot and start over, as that would mean losing my garden that I only just barely got all the plants to "Perfect" quality. I was looking at the "Destroyallobjects" cheat, but it only does objects of a certain type. and I havent a clue what object this happens to be.

A bit of history of the lot (If it is any help, or has anything to do with what could be going on.) It was a community lot, park/fishing spot, when I bulldozed it and changed to residential. I still got some of the spawners showing up, and even when there was no lake, my "Collection helper" would show fish still there. Also when I would enter the lot, as it would zoom in. I'd see outlines of the original community lot, and the buildings that used to be associated with it, even though they weren't there anymore.

Anyone had similar problems? Any idea's on how to solve this, preferably without losing the garden that goes with this lot as well?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Invisible/mystery object blocking the way.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 07, 08:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably one of the seed/bug/plant/etc spawners. Try using testingcheats enabled, and then buydebug to see what shows up. If nothing shows on the surface, create a small pond and see if it is the fish spawner.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 07, 08:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably one of the seed/bug/plant/etc spawners. Try using testingcheats enabled, and then buydebug to see what shows up. If nothing shows on the surface, create a small pond and see if it is the fish spawner.

Already tried that  Undecided It doesn't seem to be the case... Plus if it had been a spawner, it wouldn't have taken up a 4 square area, where my sim couldn't even walk through. Thanks for the suggestion though.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 07, 09:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's Lot Corruption, and the lot in question is just hosed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 07, 13:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's Lot Corruption, and the lot in question is just hosed.

Lot corruption indeed. After hearing that, thought I'd try to just move the household+house to the clipboard. Then made an attempt to bulldoze the lot so I can replace the house. Complete fail. The lot could not be bulldozed into a plain empty lot again. So no house is able to be moved there. I can switch it to community, but switching back to a regular empty residential lot doesn't work.

Looks like its new neighborhood time.

dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 08, 01:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm playing my current sim house, and notice that right in the middle of a large area, that is completely empty, my sims will never walk straight through. Instead, they will have to walk all the way around this empty area, hugging the walls in order to get to where they wish. I don't recall ever having placed an object in that spot. It's been empty for as long as the house has been there.

I tried to click on the ground in the middle of that area,  to have my sims "Go here" But the option will not come up, there is a space of about 4 squares  where I just cannot click on. I went to buy mode to see if an end table could be placed there, I got the message "Cannot intersect objects". Again, nothing appears to be here, and it is a large space, not blocked by doors or chairs or anything else. I tried dragging the walls over that area, couldn't do that either. 

I had a 4 square area like this occur in one of the bedrooms of the Jolina house in Sunselt Valley, pre WA installation.  I believe it happened after a toddler had played with a toy from the toy chest and/or after the toddler had been read to by an adult in that area.  Not even AM's nuke command got rid of whatever was stuck there.  I ended up moving to a different house after getting tired enough of watching the ritual walk around an empty space and haven't again encountered the problem.  Of course, since then I don't put a toy chest in a house and the toddlers have to read their own books. Smiley
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 08, 02:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a 4 square area like this occur in one of the bedrooms of the Jolina house in Sunselt Valley, pre WA installation.  I believe it happened after a toddler had played with a toy from the toy chest and/or after the toddler had been read to by an adult in that area.  Not even AM's nuke command got rid of whatever was stuck there.  I ended up moving to a different house after getting tired enough of watching the ritual walk around an empty space and haven't again encountered the problem.  Of course, since then I don't put a toy chest in a house and the toddlers have to read their own books. Smiley

This is probably what happened then. My sim had been reading a toddler a book right in that area not so long before I noticed this problem. And I will also mention that after finishing the book, my sim had become "Frozen" while making an attempt to put the book away... I wouldn't have been able to make the connection had you not brought this up.  Anyways, I collected my existing families and started a new neighborhood to move them in. All is well again. And I think I'll let my toddlers read their own books as well ^_~

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: