More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:14:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Well, well, THIS is a surprise...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well, well, THIS is a surprise...  (Read 21501 times)
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Well, well, THIS is a surprise...
« on: 2009 November 25, 13:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOT.

"The corpse is not even cold yet". Way to go, EA. Way to go.

http://www.eagames.co.uk/game/TheSims3-Design-Hi-Tech-Stuff

So, who`s pre-ordering?  Roll Eyes
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Well, well, THIS is a surprise...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 25, 13:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, it's just a stuff pack, and it's not out until February next year anyway.

Won't be buying. I don't do Stuff Packs when there's far superior objects available at the usual free fansites.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Bluemcgee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 25, 14:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, who`s pre-ordering?  Roll Eyes

Can you pre-order illegal downloads?  Cheesy
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 25, 14:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Snooty Sims has the correct information, this stuff pack is a 10th Anniversary pack and includes three items from the former Sims games, the heart-shaped vibrating bed, the electric guitar, and the aquarium.  How much you want to bet the electric guitar will play the same songs as the acoustic guitar plays, and the aquarium will still only hold one fish.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 25, 14:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be getting this, and by getting this I mean download this as soon as it hist the interwebz Wink

Nothing to see here.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 25, 15:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be getting this, and by getting this I mean download this as soon as it hist the interwebz Wink

My option also. I wonder what EA will program in the stuff pack that may fubar the game, considering that the neighborhood tool will be out before that.  Sigh.

If Snooty Sims has the correct information, this stuff pack is a 10th Anniversary pack and includes three items from the former Sims games, the heart-shaped vibrating bed, the electric guitar, and the aquarium.  How much you want to bet the electric guitar will play the same songs as the acoustic guitar plays, and the aquarium will still only hold one fish.

Sims 2 had a full aquarium, will be a waste of space just to hold one fish. Still somehow, this function will be messed up too. With the first EP, the game is hard to get some real gameplay in without hood destroying glitches, I fear that a stuff pack with the above features may be a stretch for EA's engineers.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 25, 19:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question is surely would they have the audacity to release a 'loft pack' without spiral stairs and ladders?
Common sense says no, but past experience says yes.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 25, 20:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Snooty Sims has the correct information, this stuff pack is a 10th Anniversary pack and includes three items from the former Sims games, the heart-shaped vibrating bed, the electric guitar, and the aquarium.  How much you want to bet the electric guitar will play the same songs as the acoustic guitar plays, and the aquarium will still only hold one fish.
It's well worth it..... if you download it for free that is. Cheesy
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 25, 23:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electric guitar... What ever happened to the piano? And lol, I remember that heart bed ^_~ I can see that as a "Sims classic" but the aquarium? meh. We should have still had that to begin with. Rather than see it as something being "Brought back" I see it as something that was "Left out"

Well, I'll be buying an actual copy if I'm able, I have to say I love stuff packs, and don't mind paying up. I bought everyone for TS2, it wasnt until this hateful online store thing came out that I decided to switch to ARRing things. When it starts to cost $100 to buy what used to be $20 in a stuff pack. Thats when I've had enough. But heck, if they want to bring back stuff packs they got my support, anything to keep them away from that online store stuff.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 26, 07:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look again. Release date is 5/2/2010. That's MAY, not February.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 26, 08:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats quite clearly february old dude. Going senile perchance?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 26, 08:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, the date is in UK format. That's February 5th.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 26, 20:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um, isn't this all lies and propaganda?

I think I've finally come to my senses...no more of my money will be given to EA until they figure out how to release something that doesn't need at least 3 patches, a patch to fix the patch and still won't run correctly - oh yeah - and I'm boycotting until we gets a piano.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 26, 20:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No surprise, I can already see references to two stuffpacks and the next expansion in the code core. And frankly, I don't see anything wrong with this. The People want their stuffpacks. Beats the overpriced Store Crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 26, 23:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've finally come to my senses...no more of my money will be given to EA until they figure out how to release something that doesn't need at least 3 patches, a patch to fix the patch and still won't run correctly - oh yeah - and I'm boycotting until we gets a piano.
You give money to EA? Save your money and give it to us at the next server billing instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 27, 00:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do that, too, oh fearless leader. I guess I just love throwing money around...  Kiss

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 27, 01:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do that, too, oh fearless leader. I guess I just love throwing money around...  Kiss
Have you ever considered that this is not a good way to have money, and maybe you should stop doing it?

Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 27, 03:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No surprise, I can already see references to two stuffpacks and the next expansion in the code core. And frankly, I don't see anything wrong with this. The People want their stuffpacks. Beats the overpriced Store Crap.

Any word on what this expansion is?

Seriously, how stupid can they be to put stuff like that in the code, someones obviously gonna see it. Do they not know the community at all?
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 27, 03:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um, isn't this all lies and propaganda?

TS3 is about on par with Star Wars Galaxies (anyone remember that crapfest?) for patch quality. It's like whack-a-weasel. I bought the base game, but I'll be damned if I'm contributing anymore to their pile of money. I have no problem paying for stuff, but give me competent development in return.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 27, 13:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever considered that this is not a good way to have money, and maybe you should stop doing it?

^_~ So what's *is* the "Good" way to have money then?  Money is created to be used, spent, discarded, payed-up and "Thrown" about. If this were not the case, then we wouldnt have to work so bloody hard for it. Even money saved-up does you no-good unless it is going to be "Thrown" somewhere. So pfft... gimme my stuff pack ^_^

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 27, 15:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^_~ So what's *is* the "Good" way to have money then?  Money is created to be used, spent, discarded, payed-up and "Thrown" about. If this were not the case, then we wouldnt have to work so bloody hard for it. Even money saved-up does you no-good unless it is going to be "Thrown" somewhere. So pfft... gimme my stuff pack ^_^

You sound like a damn capitalist!  

While I agree with your point that money is only as good as what you buy with it, if you knew anything about taxes, or bills, of any other necessary payments, you probably wouldn't feel this way! Also going by that logic, you shouldn't buy the stuff EA throws at you, because it is not worth as much as say a grocery bag with the same cost (even if that doesn't buy much.)

My guesses are you are either:

A. So rich you have never worked a day in your life, or

B. you are a 12, in which you should kindly get out!

Point is, the good way to have money is not to give it to greedy companies, that spit on the community with everything they do.

Also, it's wouldn't not "wouldnt". Punctuation is your friend.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 27, 15:54:33 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 27, 15:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they not know the community at all?

Now that is what I call a million $ question.

My guess - no. Nope. Niet. Ne. Nein. And so on.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 27, 21:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course they do. Have you SEEN the BBS lately? Try making a game that pleases them - inevitably, you'll end up irritating the hell out of people here. Face it - we're the minority of sims players. We might be more intelligent and discerning than most, but we're not the majority. Our dollars aren't enough to change anything.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 27, 21:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^_~ So what's *is* the "Good" way to have money then?
To have it, to roll around in it, to feel the shinyness of it against your scales, and to spit fire on anyone who tries to take it away from you, duh.

Money is created to be used, spent, discarded, payed-up and "Thrown" about. If this were not the case, then we wouldnt have to work so bloody hard for it.
And if you work hard for something, and then THROW IT ALL AWAY, doesn't this DEFEAT THE POINT OF WORKING FOR IT TO BEGIN WITH? Idiot!

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 28, 01:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you work hard for something, and then THROW IT ALL AWAY, doesn't this DEFEAT THE POINT OF WORKING FOR IT TO BEGIN WITH? Idiot!

Yes. It does. However there is a difference between "Throwing away" (As in getting rid of as worthless or unnecessary, failing to take advantage of, or using in a wasteful manner)  and "Throwing around" (As to indulge in, or give by way of entertainment) If I'm "Throwing" my money into something I find useful, something I want, or enjoy, then the work I've done was not wasted.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: