More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:16:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  lifetimehappiness cheat code not working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: lifetimehappiness cheat code not working  (Read 9426 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
lifetimehappiness cheat code not working
« on: 2009 December 04, 16:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not gotten WA yet (hope to get it for Christmas) but have had all the updates so far.  I took out all my hacks except for the sliders, super speedy books, and the newest Awesome Mod, and I left in Cooking and ingredients Overhaul too, not realizing it needed to be updated too.  I have taken care of that one already.
I had the following problems with my game while i was running it.
1) the only items available in the grocery store were the fish (most likely Cooking Overhaul)
2) no cook books in the book store were available (not sure if it was the cooking Overhaul, but gonna test that theory.  It might be the books one.  Took that one out too.)
3) tried to use the cheat code lifetimehappiness and it did not recognize that as a valid code.

I have searched as best i can here to see if there is any mention of that happening and found nothing.  If I missed something please be kind enough to point out where I missed it.

If this is a new problem, any suggestions as to what I can do to test it and fix it?

Thank you

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: lifetimehappiness cheat code not working
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 04, 16:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of all your old mods.  Period.  Do not add them back until you see that they have been specifically updated and have redownloaded them.  The latest patch borks almost all of the old base game mods that I have seen.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 04, 16:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After re-reading my post and your reply, it occurred to me that I was not very clear on what I had posted.  The only hacks I have in there now are Awesome Mod, the MTS breast and body sliders by Jonha, and the pointed ears sliders.  All the rest I took out and will add no more till I get WA.  I found the food one updated for WA but not sure if it will work in my game as I have it now.
If, after taking out my hacks, I still have the trouble, it might be a custom content item, and that will be a pain to check as I have a LOT of custom content.  I love new hair and clothing and patterns.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 04, 16:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you delete your scriptscache?  You might have some lingering effects of mods.  Also, TS3 saves do not seem to like new patches.  Many, many people are complaining of buggy and corrupted saves.  My advice, start a new hood, do NOT load an old save.  Still having the same problems?  Then I would blame your CC hairs and what not and start doing the binary search dance.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 04, 16:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have three hoods that I was running, and am more than willing to get rid of two of them, but put a lot of work in the house and two sims I just made.  How do I get rid of an old hood?  Is there a in-game delete button?  Or do i have to do that manually somehow?  This is still new to me as I have not played Sims 3 nearly as much as I have played Sims 2.

Edit: I fired up the game and deleted two of my three hoods.  It was easier than I thought.  I feel kinda stupid for the prior questions.  Now, to go find the links to explain how to do the rest.  I will test to see if the cheat is still not working once I have done that.

Edit again:  I went back in the game, after I deleted the other two hoods, and now my one hood left is full of big blue squares instead of lots with sims floating in them.  I seem to recall reading of others having this trouble, so will do a search on it.

Edit the Third:  I had Lemoncandy's plants in my packages folder, gonna run the game again and see if that was the trouble.

Edit the fourth:  I removed lemoncandy's files, replaced them with the new ones, removed all my cache files (that I could find), ran the game, same thing, blue lots.  Took out all custom content from my mods folder, ran the game, same thing.  Removed my mods folder completely, same thing, and now I am stuck with what to do.  How do I check the items that were downloaded via the launcher?  Could it be something I got from (I know, horrors) TSR?  If so, how do i check that?

Edit the fifth:  I just deleted the hood that was full of blue lots and started a new one.  I hated to do that but just could not think of anything else to try.  So far the new one is ok, but if it borks up too, I will post here about that.  I put all my mods and CC back in, and all seems ok so far.  Still no lifetime happiness cheat however.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 14:37:27 by CLmeow » Logged

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 04, 19:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have three hoods that I was running, and am more than willing to get rid of two of them, but put a lot of work in the house and two sims I just made.  How do I get rid of an old hood?  Is there a in-game delete button?  Or do i have to do that manually somehow?  This is still new to me as I have not played Sims 3 nearly as much as I have played Sims 2.

Edit: I fired up the game and deleted two of my three hoods.  It was easier than I thought.  I feel kinda stupid for the prior questions.  Now, to go find the links to explain how to do the rest.  I will test to see if the cheat is still not working once I have done that.

Edit again:  I went back in the game, after I deleted the other two hoods, and now my one hood left is full of big blue squares instead of lots with sims floating in them.  I seem to recall reading of others having this trouble, so will do a search on it.

Blue lots are caused by CC that does not play well with the latest patch.  Read the "...Sunset Valley Lots Are Gone..." thread and see if some of your CC matches some listed there.  Also check out Lion's "WA, what works, what doesn't".  After reading those, time to move on to the binary search of your CC.  Won't take you that long. And, go back to those sites from which you dowloaded your CC to see if some of it has already been updated.  If the site allows comments, read them, to see if anyone else has experienced problems with the content.  

For instance, I just read that Lemoncandy has updated her(?) plants over at MTS.  I am headed there to redownload.  Lemoncandy's plants were previously causing blue lots.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 05, 10:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all my concern about the blue lot, I forgot my main concern, that the lifetime happiness cheat code will not work.  It still does not work, even with no mods in it.  Anyone have any ideas why and what i can do about it?

Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 05, 21:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA and had to take out the ear sliders. they were the only thing I had it and my game was playing all chunky slow and awful. I have 12 GB of ram with Intel Core i7 CPU and vista 64 bit.

Works like a dream after I took out the ear sliders. I'm guessing it is conflicting with some of the new sliders that EA added into CAS.

Seriously...unless it specifically says it is compatible with WA take it out—sliders, hacks, objects, all of it.

—Phthon

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
olienka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 06, 03:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plug 'lifetimehappiness' into the search bar and oh looky: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg504734.html#msg504734

Search is your friend. At MATY it is your best friend.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 06, 07:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plug 'lifetimehappiness' into the search bar and oh looky: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.msg504734.html#msg504734

Search is your friend. At MATY it is your best friend.

Thank you!  For some reason my search did not find this.   Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: