More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:31:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Why is everything showing up RED!!!!!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why is everything showing up RED!!!!!!!!  (Read 8833 times)
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Why is everything showing up RED!!!!!!!!
« on: 2009 November 25, 04:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so, thus far everything in my game is up to date. I finally got AM to load on my computer without it Crashing. The load ups are smooth and fast. Everything appears fine.....until I load my family!!! As soon as the lot loads the people look fine but their house and the whole entire neighborhood is RED!!!! Everything! and theres no detail in trees and houses. Is there anyone else who had duplicated this same problem?Huh? Can anyone give some suggestions as to how to fix it or what could be wrong. Please help I have seriously been messing with this all weekend and i could really use some assistance.

Thanks in advance
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Why is everything showing up RED!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 25, 04:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I have searched all through the web and the threads here and I can't seem to find anything posted about game content being red or something similar to this problem, unless of course I missed something; so any help at all and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Huh

Thanx  Kiss
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 25, 04:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is always caused by a FAIL in framework install. Reread the instructions and make sure you placed the files in the correct folders. Oh, and keep your kisses please.
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 25, 05:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I downloaded the framework from the beta file. From what I understood it was supposed to go in the root folder for sims 3.  I did notice that the resource.cfg file was also in the gamedate/shared folder. I didn't see any specific instructions on where exactly to place it. I got the gist of it from reading different forums and researching the files. Woud you mind telling me exactly where these files go. I really would appreciate that.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 25, 07:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything goes, as is, into the root folder. If that doesn't work, and you have WA and you're using the beta, it goes into the World Adventures folder.

Do you have World Adventures?
Which Awesomemod are using? (regular or beta)
Have you patched your game? (what version is it/are they?)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 25, 07:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can use the "regular" AwesomeMod with the patch updates and the expansion.  Unless Pescado has updated that one separately. 

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 25, 11:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Regular" AwesomeMod for 1.3/4 is not compatible with New 1.7 or WA games. Period. The new version for that is in public test. No additional support can be provided for the regular-version as the source code for that no longer exists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 25, 13:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I downloaded the framework from the beta file. From what I understood it was supposed to go in the root folder for sims 3.  I did notice that the resource.cfg file was also in the gamedate/shared folder. I didn't see any specific instructions on where exactly to place it. I got the gist of it from reading different forums and researching the files. Woud you mind telling me exactly where these files go. I really would appreciate that.

The resource.cfg file goes in your root folder, the other is in a folder in the zip for a reason. The d3dx9_31.dll file is in Game/Bin in the zip, so go to Game then into Bin and drop the file in there. Make sure you remove it from wherever you have it now. Leave the other resource files that are there alone. You shouldn't have a Mods folder so drag that to the root with the resource file. Viola.
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 25, 15:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe is not a problem with sofware, maybe is a problem with hardware, check if your video card is not compatible with WA
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 26, 01:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't have WA and I have the beta AM also my game patches are all up to date so I have no idea what the deal is
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 26, 01:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked to make sure the files were in the right place and so far they are. I think I'm gonna uninstall everything and start over and see if that helps.Thanks so much for your help guys. I'll keep you posted to see if I get it figured out.
daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 27, 20:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you changed your option settings in the game like smoth edges and scroll at edges these two can't be enabled together with some video cards. I had to reinstall the game before I could get rid of the red out neighborhoods. You may beable to delete your saved options and see if it goes away or you may need to reinstall your game. This is an anti alis rendering problem with some video cards and the new patches and expansion. See if this is of any help.
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 28, 05:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem. Definitely not related to the vid card, no. It occured as soon as I had AM running and for some odd reason only affects the "home" neighborhoods, not the travel destinations. Creating new 'hoods results in more red 'hoods. ;-)
I'm experimenting with the framework right now, please let me know if a solution is found. Preferrably one that does not involve reinstalling once again ;-)

Edit:

Ooops, I have to correct myself. I have found the solution to this problem in my game at least.
I had multiple instances of DDFMap.txt where they did NOT belong. After removing them from the base game it seems to be back to normal.

Awesomemod and config are in the base game mods/packages folder while the additional framework files reside in the world adventures folder.
This seems to work fine.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 28, 05:32:17 by Rockerduck » Logged

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Easier
Tasty Tourist

Where's the frickin' pause button?!?!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 28, 10:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too was seeing red, but I only had one instance of DDFMap.txt in my game folders.  I also do not have both smooth edges and scroll at edges enabled at the same time. 

I moved awesome mod and config to the base game mods/packages folder, as it had been in the WA game mods/packages folder.  The additional framework files were already residing in the WA folder.  I have resource.cfg in both base and WA root folders.  I'm running 3booter and fps limiter as well from the WA root folder.  If I don't have resource.cfg in the base root folder, I cannot start the game without the CD and only 8 of my 22 overstuffed family members show up in the UI. 

So far, with this set up I'm not seeing red anymore.

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: