More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:16:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading...)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading...)  (Read 57469 times)
earthboyjacobus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading...)
« Reply #25 on: 2009 October 08, 21:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't tell if I would get bashed more for starting a new thread on this topic, because I got shut down earlier today for being redundant on a different topic, or for necroposting. I chose to necropost. Please don't yell at me....

I followed Djcz's instructions step by step and made sure all of the files are in the right place on my mac, such that the image http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/752/installingawesome.jpg looks exactly like it does on my computer, but the mod still doesn't seem to be working. I'm basing this on the fact that I downloaded the aweconf.package after changing the settings, put it where the original awesome.package was, and the CAS slider settings haven't changed. I couldn't tell if the original awesome.package file should remain in the same Packages folder WITH the aweconf.package file, or if I was supposed to replace it. But I tried it both ways, with both being present, and with just the aweconf.package file. Neither work.

Everything else is in place, except for the scriptCache.package file which keeps coming back after I put it in the trash. If that has to remain deleted from the Sims 3 folder for this all to work, it doesn't seem to want to stay gone. All I did was unzip the folders for awesomemod and framework and put there files in the right places, if there's more to do than that I guess I missed it.

I am indeed a N00b. I just got this game, and I am not computer savvy, so I'm sorry if what I'm asking is dumb.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
Re: How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading.
« Reply #26 on: 2009 October 09, 06:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't tell if the original awesome.package file should remain in the same Packages folder WITH the aweconf.package file, or if I was supposed to replace it. But I tried it both ways, with both being present, and with just the aweconf.package file. Neither work.

Did you try it with the config in both locations at once? That's how mine is. I have two sets of everything.

INTP.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading.
« Reply #27 on: 2009 October 09, 13:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found it to be much easier using Marhis' Mac Installer.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15484.0.html
earthboyjacobus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to install "awesome" mod on a mac (lots of images, yay!... slow loading...)
« Reply #28 on: 2009 October 09, 17:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of those suggestions helped, thanks! I am a little disappointed though. The question I had asked earlier in the day that I got mocked for was about whether or not the body sliders in CAS would be modified too, because only facial sliders were mentioned and I didn't think they could be distinguished. The person who responded basically said "duh" in the positive, unless I misunderstood, and now Awesome Mod is working and obviously it doesn't include the body sliders. Someone should make a body slider mod that works with the recent patches. If I could I would, lol.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 October 09, 17:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both of those suggestions helped, thanks! I am a little disappointed though. The question I had asked earlier in the day that I got mocked for was about whether or not the body sliders in CAS would be modified too, because only facial sliders were mentioned and I didn't think they could be distinguished. The person who responded basically said "duh" in the positive, unless I misunderstood, and now Awesome Mod is working and obviously it doesn't include the body sliders. Someone should make a body slider mod that works with the recent patches. If I could I would, lol.

I also told you that Delphy made a breast-size slider hack, over at MTS.  If you had bothered to GO THERE and read about his hack, you would have noticed that he has other body slider hacks in the works.  Pescado is not interested in modifying the body of sims, that I am aware.  So my advice to you, in the meantime, is to look at sources outside of Awesomemod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 October 10, 09:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much that I am not INTERESTED in modifying the bodies of sims as it is that this would involve skills of an artist, which I do not have. Therefore, such modifications must be made by others, and while I am interested in integrating support for this feature into AwesomeMod (backaches!), I am not prepared to support an experimental third-party modification.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 October 11, 08:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not so much that I am not INTERESTED in modifying the bodies of sims as it is that this would involve skills of an artist, which I do not have. Therefore, such modifications must be made by others, and while I am interested in integrating support for this feature into AwesomeMod (backaches!), I am not prepared to support an experimental third-party modification.

Does that mean it's unlikely to be integrated? I ask because I don't use any cc other than AM, and it's a feature I'd love to have. But it's all good if it's just not possible.

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 October 11, 08:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, by "integrated", I mean the entire "backache" thing. And possibly removing the issue where the number of facial sliders becomes blocked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
The new AM with WA, on a Mac.
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 28, 16:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found this, maybe it'll get bumped on the first page.
As the pictures in the first post say it all, I'm just going to add a quick guide for WA. If your game gets stuck in the loading screen, this is for you.
You're just doing it wrong!  Grin

First: DO NOT PANIC. It'll be okay.

Second: You just have to download the new mod files (be sure to replace all the previous mod files, even resource.cfg, with the new files) and place them in correct folders. Except for d3dx9_31.dll.
Remove the old one from the base game folder, and place the new file in The Sims 3 World Adventures.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/Bin. There is a shortcut alias for WA in The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts as well.

If you use the config file, generate a new one with the configuration tool athttp://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php.

Don't use incompatible (or rather ANY other) modes with AM, clean them out before launching the game. Custom content should stay in the Packages folder, they work fine in there.

(Currently I'm still getting a 'version mismatch' error, which could cause the game to crash randomly, I'm not sure.)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 12:54:39 by dedust » Logged

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 28, 18:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version mismatch error is because our version (the mac version) is slightly different than the PC version now. I haven't had any issues so far. I did make a note in the "new bug thread" about this, however, with the proper version numbers, so we'll see what Pescado has to say about it.

Update: As of now, the most recent version of AM no longer has a mismatch error for the mac versions of the game. Smiley Just an FYI for you folks to redownload.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 05:28:34 by SilentDreamer » Logged

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: