More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:58:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  "Buy debug" Plants Aren't Working Properly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Buy debug" Plants Aren't Working Properly  (Read 6248 times)
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
"Buy debug" Plants Aren't Working Properly
« on: 2009 November 24, 04:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried using the "buy debug" cheat to get some of the WA plants and put them in my Sim's garden.  I'll see the mounds of dirt, but if I mouse over them, it says "No Interactions Available" - I can't even see what kind of plant it is.  If I leave the lot and come back, the plants have mysteriously disappeared.  If I just hang around the lot, the plants don't do anything - no growth, no weeds, etc.

The base game plants show up (with the "buy debug" cheat) and work perfectly.  I'm currently running on Patch 2.2.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Re: "Buy debug" Plants Aren't Working Properly
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 24, 23:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They appear to be disabled on home lots... with the other plants I noticed that when placing, they appear already "Full grown" whereas these are just those mounds of dirt.  I havent been able to get the WA Seed spawners to work either.  Not to mention, My sim's WA Fruit dissapears from her inventory the moment she returns home from vacation.

I dont know if its a bug, or intentional. I have heard some people being able to plant WA fruits on home lots... I dont know how on earth they do it, But I'd sure like to know.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 25, 01:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm growing the French grapes and Chinese fruits at home without problems. I bought the fruit at the stores and planted it.

Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 25, 05:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm growing the French grapes and Chinese fruits at home without problems. I bought the fruit at the stores and planted it.

This is only for the ones spawned by buying them in buy mode with "buydebug" on.

You should be able to spawn the seeds with control+shift clicking on the ground and plant them that way too. You'd need something (like Awesomemod) that enabled that kind of interaction, though.

ETA: Actually, never mind, you can't spawn seeds that way. You can spawn rocks, gems, metals, and insects that way, but not seeds.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 25, 13:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then it is just a bug with my game only that fruit dissapears from the inventory upon returning from vacation?
          Note: Well, I decided i've reinstalled the games 4 times already why not 5? This time, after reinstalling WA, I did *not* patch to 2.2 ran the game, fruits no longer disappear from my inventory. Im going to assume the patch caused this glitch for me.

Also, The buydebug plants work for me now finally as well. A clean reinstall, and not patching to 2.2 seemed to do the trick. instead of showing up as mounds of dirt you cant do anything with, They show up like all the other plants do, and are placed full grown.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 18:51:02 by kawaiimiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 27, 17:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured out a perfect solution - I found a mod over at Crazy Town that allows you to buy all of the fish and fruits at any store (including at home).  Problem solved by people much smarter than me.

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: