More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:39:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How do you make the floor/wall traps work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you make the floor/wall traps work?  (Read 3527 times)
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How do you make the floor/wall traps work?
« on: 2009 November 30, 04:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any traps I try to make work seem to never go off, the sim disarms/walks right on by with no worries.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Re: How do you make the floor/wall traps work?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 30, 04:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same trouble myself for awhile, did a quick google search on the subject, and found a decent little guide to this, Here's the link http://simoperations.com/2009/11/24/world-adventures-guide-tomb-building/  Not sure if there are better guides out there, but this one helped me out.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 30, 04:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see, So they can not be used in a house. Sad. No torture chamber maninic for my town. Sad
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 30, 06:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure they can be set in houses--there's nothing stopping you at all from doing so. The only problem is that traps are harmless, no matter how deadly you might think they'd be. They're only good for setting up obstacles, which doesn't serve much purpose in a home, really.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 30, 09:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting up fire traps to burninate burglars as they enter would be nice. I am just trying to work out the simplest way of doing this.

More F than you
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 30, 10:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting up fire traps to burninate burglars as they enter would be nice. I am just trying to work out the simplest way of doing this.

Unfortunately, fire traps aren't actually fatal, even to mummies, which are supposed to die instantly in fire of any kind. Knowing EA, I'm sure burglars wouldn't even set off a trap, even if you placed it right in front of the front door. You can do this, of course, but it would be rather annoying for your sims to get in and out of your house.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 30, 10:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burglars find garage doors to be impenetrable obstacles, at least as of base game. You can manually open or close these as an instant, so it is possible to install a garage door in a position where in the event of hostile attack, you can instantly seal the blast doors, locking them out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 30, 11:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like the looks of the garage doors, so the thought of having one at the entrance to my Legacy mansion is not nearly as appealing as that of having fire spouting from the walls. Maybe I will have to settle for both; the fire can distract the approaching burglar while I'm closing the blast doors. I was thinking of using a pushable statue inside the house so that sims can arm the traps before they go to bed and then disarm them in the morning. Sims who are out late will still be able to teleport in.

More F than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: