More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:14:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugs in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugs in WA  (Read 64397 times)
Joolander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Bugs in WA
« Reply #100 on: 2010 January 05, 23:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to update about the weirdness I've experienced with the martial arts outfits.  In Sunset Valley, father (adult) and son (teen) both changed their hair styles when switching to the martial arts outfit.  I sent them and the grandfather to China for a vacation.  Immediately the teen son was able to keep his regular hair style when changing into martial arts clothing, but the father's hair still continued to change to the long hair.  When the father gained another level in the martial arts skill, his hair style finally stayed the same as the style I've selected and locked for all his other outfits.  When the teen son gained another level of martial arts skill and changed into a new coloured outfit, he randomly acquired glasses that he wears for martial arts even though he didn't have any accessories selected with any of his other outfits  Roll Eyes

I am also getting the Martial Arts outfit weirdness

My current pudding acquired white socks in with his brown belt.

The Chinese local he married (that i decided to alter the hairstyle of) appears with her original hairstyle while in her Martial Arts robes (I have not gotten a new belt yet, as I am between blue and brown with her)

I fear i may have caused it, as I have been liberally using the "disableclothingfilter on" cheat to get just the right outfits (for instance: a Bruce Lee style outfit for the male's athletic gear, as well as a hobo pudding that wears the same hoodie/blazer for everything)

Both of the puddings on which I have used the "disableclothingfilter on" cheat have trouble retaining their outfits when I am not looking. Also, I am not sure if this is related, but the "Special Merchant" in China decided that he needed to wear a leather jacket with bright yellow swim trunks and bright blue tennis shoes. Truly "special," indeed

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010 January 06, 00:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you caused it. I use custom hairs from Peggy and Rose and both switch to whatever EA hair they were based off when showering, bathing or wearing the martial arts outfits.

And not to be a broken record but is the kids all being a bunch of truants who won't stay in school part of the WA whackness, too? I suspect it is.

ana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 January 06, 12:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't think you caused the martial arts outfit problems, Joolander, as I am having the problems and I'm running a vanilla game and didn't even know about that cheat. 

I am also having the problem with the known songs.  My sims learned both songs while in China and they both appeared in the list fine while in China, and when they returned home the friendly song title was duplicated for the romantic song.  The same is happening for my sim who went to Egypt and learned both songs there, but when I noticed it was soon after moving the family to a fresh neighborhood and I thought that had something to do with it.  The known song menus get messed up during the return home process.

I'm no longer able to have fun playing Sims 3 with all the bugs and hassles, so I have only been playing with CAW for the past few weeks.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 January 07, 04:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to get my sims' Egyptian boyfriend to marry her. I also invited him to stay, got a message that he'd 'passed on' but he showed up anyway. Their child also didn't have the Egyptian Culture trait when it was born. When travelling to Egypt, all thumbnails in relationship panels and family trees revert to the state they were in on the first trip instead of updating to the state they ought to be in current time.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 January 07, 12:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to get my sims' Egyptian boyfriend to marry her. I also invited him to stay, got a message that he'd 'passed on' but he showed up anyway. Their child also didn't have the Egyptian Culture trait when it was born. When travelling to Egypt, all thumbnails in relationship panels and family trees revert to the state they were in on the first trip instead of updating to the state they ought to be in current time.

I'm pretty sure the Egyptian/French/Chinese Culture trait are hidden. It just causes sims to be born knowing the songs from their culture and for French kids, they do the air kiss greets while the Chinese sims eat with chopsticks.
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 January 11, 13:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my klepto sims stole an object and placed it on the grid/ground in their lot, the object disappeared.
Also sometimes after coming back from the holiday, my sims relationship panel will be blank.

Written
Firegold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 January 12, 11:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really a bug, but it is a huge annoyance. I recently recieved an adventure in Egypt where I had to find a library hidden under someone's house. Problem is, both residents are shopkeepers, and of course the shops are open 24/7, so now I can't complete the quest.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 January 12, 14:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it seems to be a bug.

Your trouble, not being able to complete that easy quest, does not seem to be a bug.

Try a search!
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 January 12, 21:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really a bug, but it is a huge annoyance. I recently received an adventure in Egypt where I had to find a library hidden under someone's house. Problem is, both residents are shopkeepers, and of course the shops are open 24/7, so now I can't complete the quest.

You might try going into Edit Town mode for that vacation neighborhood. Move the shopkeepers to a different house and place another family there.
Firegold
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 January 12, 21:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really a bug, but it is a huge annoyance. I recently received an adventure in Egypt where I had to find a library hidden under someone's house. Problem is, both residents are shopkeepers, and of course the shops are open 24/7, so now I can't complete the quest.

You might try going into Edit Town mode for that vacation neighborhood. Move the shopkeepers to a different house and place another family there.

Hey, good idea. I'll try that. I also tried searching for a mod that made the vacation shops open not-24 hours a day, but it either doesn't exist yet or I'm just blind.

Thanks for the tip though. I'll check back when I have a chance to test it.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2010 January 13, 21:42:05 by Firegold » Logged
Jonni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 January 13, 08:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was enjoying WA until I suddenly realised the whole purpose of the game was glithed. I'm currenly playing the first mission in Egypt, 'Tomb of Discovery', and I must retrieve some papers for a Sim. Done that, I opened the 'shiny' treasure chest in the tomb and took the papers but the chest is still glowing as if I haven't taken the key item and the game has not registered the action, so the mission brief still states that I must find the god damn papers. I HAVE THEM ALREADY!

Any workaround? Am I missing something? My Sim is running around with the item he needs but there is absolutely no option to progress in this quest. And I can't help but notice since I installed WA my active Sim literally RUNS AROUND EVERYWHERE! i.e does not walk. 

ice mango
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010 January 13, 22:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim came back from Egypt and the whole family's gone invisible! I tried to see if changing their outfits would help but it turns out that their ages are also f....d up! I quit the game and launched it back, but there's no change! Now everytime I go back to Egypt, sim still comes home invisible! I'd really hate to start the game from the beginning! Are there any solutions?
loripanori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010 January 14, 02:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I can't help but notice since I installed WA my active Sim literally RUNS AROUND EVERYWHERE! i.e does not walk. 

I'm having the same problem with my sims ALWAYS running...  they never walk anymore, not even when I specifically select "walk" from the drop-down menu.  I checked 3 random houses in the neighborhood and all of the sims in all of the houses seemed to be stuck in this "always run" mode.  I actually don't have WA installed, so this isn't WA-specific. 
mistressgemini
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 January 17, 09:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those that had an issue about not getting pregnant on vacation, the sim did get pregnant, it just didn't progress. The sims will still have the option to try for a baby & will have the option until they return back home. If you check the status of the sim it will list them as being pregnant. My sim got pregnant the 2nd day of a 14 day vacation but the pregnancy didn't progress until after returning home at the end of the 14 days. I believe this may happen because a pregnant sim can not go on vacation.

Quote from: jezzer
Yeah, but in order for the species to remain strong, people who are completely unable to read & comprehend detailed written instructions need to be culled. Know that as I'm playing my game with all my shiny store content intact, I am appreciative of the sacrifice you have made.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 January 23, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes get similar vacation opportunity glitches like Jonni reports.  The two that come to mind are the one where you have to bring a painting to Egypt, and the one where you have to bring crocodiles from Egypt to France.  In both cases, whether the item in question is in my Sim's inventory or in his family inventory, the game acts like it isn't there -- so that the opportunity cannot be completed.

I've got a new one now, though.  I first noticed pizzas disappearing from my Sims' fridges after uninstalling WA.  This would happen every time I restarted the game.  Since I never saw this problem with WA installed, I reinstalled WA.  But the problem remained.

Figuring it must be tight pants, I cleared caches, emptied the Library and DCBackup folders, and removed all mods except the no-intro mod (to squash that annoying and self-congratulatory intro sequence), which I have always had installed.  I had my Sim order a new pizza and put it in the fridge, checked to make sure it really was in the fridge, then saved and quit.  When I restarted the game, the pizza (and only the pizza) was gone.

All I can figure now is that I somehow broke something by uninstalling WA, or by something else I did.  Granted this is not a big deal, but it is puzzling and annoying.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 January 23, 01:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teenage sim has glasses on when he is in his martial arts outfit; even though, he doesn't wear glasses normally.
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010 February 04, 04:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of weirdness with the martial arts uniform, I got annoyed by the inability to change a sim's hair for the uniform to a custom one and did some poking around to figure out what the deal is.

As far as I can tell, everything but the clothing on the sim is inherited by the uniform upon learning the skill and changing to it for the first time. I haven't found a way to modify accessories at all, and while you can edit stuff with Change Appearance, your options are severely limited. It seems that only a handful of hair styles are flagged as usable by the uniform. No makeup, no eyebrows, no facial hair. Delphy's CTU doesn't have support for any WA-related stuff yet so you're either going to have to use CTU to set the category as All, or do some hex editing with the content's CASP file. The flag for the uniform is 0x00000080, and you can get the current flags from CTU's Part Details tab.

(Edited for other info on how to fix it)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 05, 02:17:09 by Saikatsu » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 February 04, 22:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inventory hand bug (where the game thinks you are still grabbing something, even when you aren't, so you end up with duplicate items and the inability to actually place anything) is back again with the latest patch. So now the inventory is once again a useless piece of crap. *rolls eyes*
« Last Edit: 2010 February 04, 23:04:58 by Roobs » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: