More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:37:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugs in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugs in WA  (Read 64400 times)
ana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Bugs in WA
« Reply #75 on: 2009 December 24, 16:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to update about the weirdness I've experienced with the martial arts outfits.  In Sunset Valley, father (adult) and son (teen) both changed their hair styles when switching to the martial arts outfit.  I sent them and the grandfather to China for a vacation.  Immediately the teen son was able to keep his regular hair style when changing into martial arts clothing, but the father's hair still continued to change to the long hair.  When the father gained another level in the martial arts skill, his hair style finally stayed the same as the style I've selected and locked for all his other outfits.  When the teen son gained another level of martial arts skill and changed into a new coloured outfit, he randomly acquired glasses that he wears for martial arts even though he didn't have any accessories selected with any of his other outfits  Roll Eyes
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 December 24, 17:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know about the book thing. Of course, the books they had just read were actually just recipes, but I guess they count as books. I've got a few hours before my family starts showing up, so I think I'm going to play the game some more. Hopefully this time it won't be nearly as buggy.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 December 29, 06:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beds work fine on Vacation for me, but one thing you have to beware of is the popularity of KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES in EAxian construction. All the beds they use are uniformly worthless. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.

I was just about to come back and reply.  Thanks. Smiley

And Gastyfr, that is correct.  My "fix" is using a 2-bed camp outside (or even inside) the base camp and the speed goes back up to 3.

Also I'm sure some know this but EA made duplicate women bathrooms at a campsite in France.  My male sim found this out the hard way.

@Shortyboo
Pics or it never happened!  I want to see the baby stacking!

In any case, what version are you using?  I don't fault awesomemod because the underlying code would be far more liable to cause a glitch as seriously botched up as that.  In the rare moments awesomemod has glitched in sims 2 and 3, all it would do is not go through with a command.  I haven't had the flagrant errors, and I usually only have inherent sims 3 bugs.  As far as I'm concerned, AM only helps make the game far less annoying and buggy than it actually is.

That said, do you save often and sequentially? If so can you attempt to duplicate what happened?  Whenever something buggy happens I usually have a save game wherein I can duplicate the issue.  For instance, I've had my kenspa disappear from my inventory in france and this happened when I traded it to a sim who was already riding on one on the road.  I have to try duplicating it a third time, but the second time I did it happened once more.  In short, playing this game requires people to become amateur debuggers.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 29, 07:09:22 by SonnetCeles » Logged
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 January 02, 21:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to list some minor things...
Has anyone mentioned the songs?
When I choose "Sing..." on my sim, each song is listed twice. Don't really know why.

Also a pet peeve, in the queue it says "Zeneport" but in the description for the reward for 150 hours of meditation it's spelled "Zeniport." Not really a bug, but it bugs ME.

Haven't noticed many major bugs, but I'm updated to 2.3 and all of that grah.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2010 January 02, 23:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to list some minor things...
Has anyone mentioned the songs?
When I choose "Sing..." on my sim, each song is listed twice. Don't really know why.

Also a pet peeve, in the queue it says "Zeneport" but in the description for the reward for 150 hours of meditation it's spelled "Zeniport." Not really a bug, but it bugs ME.

Haven't noticed many major bugs, but I'm updated to 2.3 and all of that grah.

In my game the second copy of the song has the charismatic logo on it (The sim is charismatic).  I thought it meant the traits can modify the effect?
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 January 03, 03:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... well my particular sim ISN'T charismatic, and still has two copies of each song in her queue- no icon.

It's not it's a bug that's going to turn my game into a BFBVFS, (theoretically) but it's still annoying to look at. Though the sims seem to sing quite enough without having to direct them.

Another EA "typo" pet-peeve: Aren't tables supposed to be feminine in French? Instead of "Le Petite Table" shouldn't it be "La Petite Table"? Ugh.

I know, I know, bug thread, not typo thread. Just wanted to put that out there because it irritates me so.
Though every now and then I catch my mummy attempting to do what I'm supposing is an idle animation, when her right arm becomes extended and hand bent back. I know she's undead and all, but it still looks messy. Darn EA coding clashing with my high standards. Puh.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 January 03, 06:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... well my particular sim ISN'T charismatic, and still has two copies of each song in her queue- no icon.
None of my sims are charismatic. All of them know at least two songs. All of those songs appear twice in the menu for each sim. I seem to recall something similar in the past with TS2.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 January 03, 12:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a bug or a mod? The babysitters don't interact with the babies, they just stand next to the crib. With toddlers, they occasionally put them in bed, but never take them out.
Babies stay at zero relationships, so do toddlers, and when they grow into children, they start from that point, well, zero. Someone in the thread said it was a graphical glitch, not for me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 January 03, 13:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea. I can't confirm what they're doing. Plus they're 12 and disgust me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kazoona
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 January 03, 13:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my sims are charismatic. All of them know at least two songs. All of those songs appear twice in the menu for each sim. I seem to recall something similar in the past with TS2.

I've also got that but I know for sure it only started after I patched the game to 1.8/2.3.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 January 04, 00:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, and I'm likewise sure it only started after the patch.

I'm also having martial arts outfit problems, in fact more than one.  I haven't noticed hairstyles changing, but I have noticed my martial arts guys being given glasses when they get the green belt.  They lose the glasses once they get the blue belt (or sooner if I use the Supercomputer to send them back to CAS).  I haven't gotten any of my ladies that far up in the martial arts skill to know whether it affects them too.

I also had a case of a teenage boy getting his white belt, but the outfit actually had a black belt on it.  He soon aged up to young adult, still with only a white belt, and at that point the outfit displayed correctly.

I am long since used to this game being buggy, but it is the strangeness of the bugs that is surprising me at the moment....
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 January 04, 21:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeeeah... the martial arts belts are pretty messed up.

I had a mummy using the canopic jar method and, interested, I had her sleep in the tomb of blessing or whatever. She came out alright and still walked like a mummy. I don't care as much, except for some reason the mummy animation is FUBAR considering she's switching from being seated to standing in the seat, and her arm thing glitching, etc.

Also, I had her practice martial arts:

Don't know what happens with a NON-restored mummy, but chyah. WTF.

Edited to add: Also still getting the "Soaked" moodlet after her showers. You'd think after advertising mummies so much for WA that they might focus a bit more on making the whole mummy thing... uhm... correct?
« Last Edit: 2010 January 04, 22:11:41 by immortelleMuse » Logged

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2010 January 04, 22:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't summon mummies in my game.  Whenever I direct a sim to use the interaction, it jumps back and drop the action, then sometime later some elders would show up at the door and gets added to the household, they have the mummy names, but look like normal sims and don't walk like mummies, it's all so borked.
Nitroglycerine
Blathering Buffoon

Cross over to the dark side

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 January 04, 22:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same, I got the mummy bug too. I tried it on both the light and the dark Pharaohs sarcophagus but always ended in the same result. lost a whole lot of canopic jars that way

I can send people to your house... Bad people!   INTJ
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2010 January 04, 22:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same, I got the mummy bug too. I tried it on both the light and the dark Pharaohs sarcophagus but always ended in the same result. lost a whole lot of canopic jars that way

Oh, my situation is a little different.  I don't lose the jars.
Nitroglycerine
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 January 04, 23:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to "droptrait" the mummy trait from one of the elders but it said they didn't have it, so something in my game is majorly borked.
Thats interesting that it didn't use any canopic jars on yours. Did yours do the animation where it comes out of the sarcophagus? Mine did but nothing came out and then an elder turned up

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 January 05, 00:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who are you asking?

I had no problem with the canopic jars. A mummy came out of the sarcophagus like it was supposed to.

To clarify my previous post, I was curious as to see what would happen if I put a mummy who was never a normal sim into the blessed sarcophagus, because the whole mummy animation borkness was getting on my nerves. She came out fine, but the mummy animation borkness remained. I had her train in martial arts, and her head reverted back to that of a mummy with no skin texture. Changing out of her belt turned her back "normal."

For some reason "unlockOutfits on" doesn't do anything for me. Huh.

Also, a few of my sims family trees don't come up, though I'm going to download and tamper with twallan's computer to see if it can be fixed. Both included toddlers, but so did another two which had no problem with their family trees. I suppose it got screwy since I've been playing the same neighborhood since I got a legal copy of TS3, but I just find it odd that the two female toddlers got screwed, but the two male ones did not. The father of one of the female toddlers also misses his family tree, and the marriage lines of the two female toddler parents also do not show up even after wedding them again. Hopefully the supercomputer can fix that, just wanted to put it out there in case someone else has something to add about fambly trees.

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2010 January 05, 00:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to "droptrait" the mummy trait from one of the elders but it said they didn't have it, so something in my game is majorly borked.
Thats interesting that it didn't use any canopic jars on yours. Did yours do the animation where it comes out of the sarcophagus? Mine did but nothing came out and then an elder turned up

No.  When I select the interaction, my sim will walk up to the sarcophagus, but as soon as he reaches it he bounce back a feet away (kind of like a jump bug) and the interaction is dropped.  Nothing visible happens.  When I did it I also tried it many times, so I had like 5 elders turn up all at once some time after.
Nitroglycerine
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 January 05, 00:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my sim does it and it appears to work fine but there is no mummy. I then tried it again about five times and on the sixth time all of these elders turned up at my house and got added to the portraits but they (like yours) had mummy names like "King Hapseshut III" I've tried to try it with different sims, different neighborhoods, and even reverting to a save before i assembled the sarcophagus but it doesn't work. Please help because I really want a mummy 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 January 05, 00:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The father of one of the female toddlers also misses his family tree, and the marriage lines of the two female toddler parents also do not show up even after wedding them again. Hopefully the supercomputer can fix that, just wanted to put it out there in case someone else has something to add about fambly trees.
Type "fixall" in AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nitroglycerine
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 January 05, 00:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed! I cleared all of the caches and got rid of all of my CC except awesomemod and it works now. I think it was the hidden trait enabler from MTS2 that was doing it.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 January 05, 01:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Type "fixall" in AwesomeMod.

Haha, yeah, I redownloaded awesomemod and saw the post from yesterday. It fixed the marriages, but not the kids...

Twallan's computer is showing me a copy of the mother and/or father of the girls, which they know as "stranger." I did something (can't recall what) and restored one of their family trees, but it showed the stranger impostor as the mother. I annihilated her, and tried to reclaim ties with the actual mother, but the family tree is again FUBAR.

The other girl and her father who don't have family trees are still FUBAR. When using the debug "Genealogy" everything lists out correctly. It's the family trees which are corrupted. I don't care that much since it's technically a nice visual "feature", but if I wonder if I try to get one of them married once grown if it'll corrupt further trees? If it's listing out correctly in the genealogy panel that should mean it's correct, no?

I could attach a save if you care, I know you're very busy dealing with all the other things happening on MATY/EA's epic game creation fail. I don't exactly understand all this family tree business, why it lists correctly in the genealogy panel but not the visual tree. It's nothing major, but I'm intrigued.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010 January 05, 02:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have impostors in your game, select the "real" fambly and type "nukeimpostors". That should purge the false sims from the game.

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 January 05, 02:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't delete them.

I had to use the twallan computer to select the "stranger" and delete them that way.
I honestly have no idea what my game decided to do behind my back, but the rest of my game doesn't seem like a BFBVFS.
Some of the other relationships in the family are messed up, but those were with deceased members. Things like missing mothers from the tree, not necessarily marriages. I do not have the "keep marriage lines with deceased" or whatever enabled, considering you noted it was "experimental."

Do not know, and do not want. But I can live with it. It's just fucked up.

Edit: For some reason my search didn't end up to the thread on marriages and family trees, but then again I was more concerned with the family tree not coming up at all. Though I suppose it's not completely irrelevant, it could be a WA bug as well. Sorry for my sight fail, I should've posted this particular issue there.
Twallan computer isn't exactly fixing it though, I can't see a reason for EA to put in a "feature" that borks the family tree. What were they thinking messing with existing family tree coding anyway?
« Last Edit: 2010 January 05, 02:29:13 by immortelleMuse » Logged

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2010 January 05, 22:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed! I cleared all of the caches and got rid of all of my CC except awesomemod and it works now. I think it was the hidden trait enabler from MTS2 that was doing it.

Good for you.  I only have xml tweaks besides AM.  I suspect corrupt game files in my case, but I'm so not going to reinstall again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: