More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:37:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugs in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugs in WA  (Read 64396 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Bugs in WA
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 09, 17:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a few more bugs. I tend to have my sims go alone on trips to complete adventures. When I send my guy, his daughters' pictures show in the relationship panel and in any wants as babies even though they're both teens. The same thing happens when the mom is on a trip. When they return to SV, the thumbnails go back to normal.

Another thing just started happening since switching active families today for the first time since getting WA. I noticed that from the map view, the house I just built for my second family and the house I built and played since installing WA were not showing up at all. They looked like empty lots. If I zoomed in, they'd show ok, but the other strange thing is when I zoomed in on the first family's house, I could see in their house without my guy going there and visiting. That's not supposed to happen. I'm going to try playing again to see if it was just a quick glitch or not.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 09, 19:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOt sure if this is a feature but if it does it sucks. badly.

in general it takes me about 12-14 hours to be fully rested in china.  My cousins who just got into the game agree it takes a while to be rested as well.  Have yet to try sleeping in the tomb.
Are you only seeing this is China?  What tent/bed are your sims sleeping in?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 10, 06:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing just started happening since switching active families today for the first time since getting WA. I noticed that from the map view, the house I just built for my second family and the house I built and played since installing WA were not showing up at all. They looked like empty lots. If I zoomed in, they'd show ok, but the other strange thing is when I zoomed in on the first family's house, I could see in their house without my guy going there and visiting. That's not supposed to happen. I'm going to try playing again to see if it was just a quick glitch or not.

I noticed that last night when I built a house in Riverview and after zooming out in live mode the old house which stood there before was showing instead of the new one. I have no idéa what is causing this though.

- INTJ -
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 10, 09:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that last night when I built a house in Riverview and after zooming out in live mode the old house which stood there before was showing instead of the new one. I have no idéa what is causing this though.

Could it be because of a refresh issue? I believe that the map view and the lot view has a different allocation within the cache. I had similar incidents with my 60x60 lot in Sunset valley but it updates after a while. With the way the cache is handled in riverview, the cache size probably has not yet increased to it's maximum.

It also has to do with conflicting package files. In my other experince, when zooming into the lot sometimes it is empty and it will take around 30 to 45 seconds for the house to refresh and show. Sometimes all my lot's textures are flat on the ground floor while the game is still building up the frames and the meshes of the house. I am sure it is not due to ram. because without the package files the refresh runs smoothly. Still lazy to do trial and errors and find the culprit package file.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 10, 10:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tryed this:modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=2954857&postcount=258 ?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 10, 15:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I restarted my game after deleting the .cache files and both lots are still showing as empty lots from map view. I'm almost wondering if my video card has anything to do with it. I have an old Radeon x1900 that I got when it was a high end card. The fan on it is super dusty, but because of stripped screws on the fan, I can't take it off to clean it out properly. I have a much better video card (Radeon HD 4850) but when I tried it back when TS3 first leaked, it would constantly crash, usually after an hour or so in game or after just 20 seconds or so in CAS. I tried everything to make it work including changing drivers, buying a VGA cooler, replacing my old case with an Antec 900 case which has tons of fans, replacing the power supply, reinstalling Windows, basically anything that anyone suggested. I was able to rule out overheating after lots of monitoring, and I even asked for help at EA (useless) and through the manufacturer of the card, XFX (the first card was replaced because they said it was faulty, but later they blamed EA's programming). I'm actually thinking of trying it again this weekend with the newest drivers and I'm going to try FPS Limiter with it to see if it makes any difference. If it still doesn't work, I'll have to wait until my brother buys a new video card in January and I can have his GeForce 8800. At least I know that card works because I used it to test if it was just my video card or something else causing the crashes.
gsteinum
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 10, 20:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A :-\nyone notice that when sims try to drink wine they get ejected away from their seat and the wine glass is repositioned on the floor? I got one sim in frenchie town that persistently does this and now there's twenty glasses strewn around the floor. some bender, eh? Roll Eyes
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 10, 20:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A :-\nyone notice that when sims try to drink wine they get ejected away from their seat and the wine glass is repositioned on the floor? I got one sim in frenchie town that persistently does this and now there's twenty glasses strewn around the floor. some bender, eh? Roll Eyes
I have never seen this and my sims drink lots of nectar.  I saw someone else posting that the sort of behavour you describe is due to an incompatable "coughdrop" mod from MTS.  If you have that mod, you might want to take it out.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 December 11, 03:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen this and my sims drink lots of nectar.  I saw someone else posting that the sort of behavour you describe is due to an incompatable "coughdrop" mod from MTS.  If you have that mod, you might want to take it out.

Yeah, the file name of that mod is nevercough. 
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 December 11, 19:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOt sure if this is a feature but if it does it sucks. badly.

in general it takes me about 12-14 hours to be fully rested in china.  My cousins who just got into the game agree it takes a while to be rested as well.  Have yet to try sleeping in the tomb.
Are you only seeing this is China?  What tent/bed are your sims sleeping in?

Thanks for responding.  I have to try a tent but it's in china and any other World Adventure location.

Rather than going at the 3 green arrow filling rate for energy it is only at two arrows.  This is with the fastest game speed on.  (4)

I believe the beds at home are ok and the filling rate is accurate, but I'll report back.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 December 11, 23:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beds work fine on Vacation for me, but one thing you have to beware of is the popularity of KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES in EAxian construction. All the beds they use are uniformly worthless. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 December 12, 02:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beds work fine on Vacation for me, but one thing you have to beware of is the popularity of KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES in EAxian construction. All the beds they use are uniformly worthless. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.
So a translation of what you are saying here into plain English would be something like, "EAxis puts crap beds in basecamps"?

I noticed that in TS2 Bon Voyage too that every single hotel in every single destination had utter crap for beds.  I nearly drove myself mad going through trying to replace useless crap with useable beds so my sims wouldn't spend thier whole vacation sleeping.

cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 December 18, 02:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disappearing and invisible Pangu's axes are in my game. My sim could not finish "The Axe" adventure because of this. I searched Sims 3 forums to find out exactly where Pangu's axe is supposed to be located in the Temple of heaven. I used a debug cheat so that I could go to buy mode while my sim was at the Temple of Heaven. In buy mode, Pangu's Axe suddenly became visible on the wall (where it is supposed to be located). I was excited---I finally had found Pangu's axe. My excitement turned into disappointment quickly,because when I went back to live mode, the Pangu's axe was invisible again and my sim could not interact with it. This is a very annoying bug, because my sims need that Pangu's Axe to smash boulders on their adventures. Out of desperation, I tried to get Pangu's axe the easy way by using buydebug (in buy mode). When I put Pangu's axe on the wall it was visible, but after going back to live mode, Pangu's axe disappeared. Help! I've been trying to figure out what went wrong with Pangu's axe in my game and how can this be fixed. The only two mods I have in my game are Awesomemod and Twallan's Supercomputer. I'm really baffled.

Shift-click on the area and select 'Buy on this lot,' and you can see the axe. Pick up the axe in the buy menu and drop it in its place again. Return to the play mode, now you can see the axe in the proper place. This particular quest item seems to be borked, because if you ever went through this quest and picked it up once, the axe vanishes from the wall even when you start a fresh neighborhood. You can still see it on the wall when you go to the buy menu, though.
missnuki
Asinine Airhead

Scariest Movie? No doubt: Idiocracy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2009 December 18, 03:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some strange reason my Sims can't get pregnant.  I've chosen the option 'try for baby' numerous times; in the coffins, the camps beds, the house bed, the tents, their place of employment. The wife recently earned the 'extra fertile' and still, no success. They usually get pregnant when I choose 'Try for Baby'.  I didn't think much of it for the first few times after the recent WA patches, but now, I think something is wrong.

I un-installed and re-installed prior to WA. I have less than 50 mods in the Mod folder. I don't have anything besides the few stores items I got for registering, since the patches removed the other 'acquired' items.

I've used the 'search' bar and Google in hopes of finding other players who've experienced anything similar, but I couldn't find it. Should I just keep playing, and install the Reproduction Hack item I spotted on this forum? Or unistall/reinstall?

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 03, 07:46:05 by missnuki » Logged

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 December 18, 03:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some strange reason my Sims can't get pregnant.  I've chosen the option 'try for baby' numerous times; in the coffins, the camps beds, the house bed, the tents, there place of employment. The wife now has extra fertile and still, no success.

They normally always get pregnant when I chose 'Try for Baby'.  I didn't think much of it for the first few times after the most recent WA patches. But now... I think there is something wrong.

I un-installed and re-installed prior to WA. I have less than 50 mods in the Mod folder. I don't have anything besides the few stores items I got for registering, since the patches removed the other 'acquired' items.

I've used the 'search' bar and Google in hopes of finding other players who've experienced this recently, but I couldn't. Should I just keep playing and install that Reproduction Hack item I spotted on this forum? Or unistall/reinstall

Thank you for your time.

If you use AwesomeMod try the cheat falconpunch NameofYourSim  and see if that clears a borked pregnancy.  My Sims are getting pregnant since the patch/WA/update.  Maybe she is pregnant but it is stuck or something. What this will do is cancel her pregnancy so you can start a new one.
Breadpazoid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 December 18, 07:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very annoying bug - when going on vacation, vacation worlds will load but with no sims in them. If I save the game and exit I essentially saved into the vacation world with no one in it; accessing Riverview by starting a new game reveals that the lot my sims were on is Totally Gone.

Thankfully I pulled my sims from the backup thingy but even removing the cache files and CC/mods won't fix the vacation issue. Any further ideas for this apparently non-beefy, vacationless player?

ETA: This happened both in the version I was previously running (1.8 or whatever) and the recent update of a day or so ago.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 18, 07:23:45 by Breadpazoid » Logged
missnuki
Asinine Airhead

Scariest Movie? No doubt: Idiocracy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 December 18, 15:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some strange reason my Sims can't get pregnant.  I've chosen the option 'try for baby' numerous times; in the coffins, the camps beds, the house bed, the tents, there place of employment. The wife now has extra fertile and still, no success.

They normally always get pregnant when I chose 'Try for Baby'.  I didn't think much of it for the first few times after the most recent WA patches. But now... I think there is something wrong.

I've used the 'search' bar and Google in hopes of finding other players who've experienced this recently, but I couldn't. Should I just keep playing and install that Reproduction Hack item I spotted on this forum? Or unistall/reinstall

Thank you for your time.

If you use AwesomeMod try the cheat falconpunch NameofYourSim  and see if that clears a borked pregnancy.  My Sims are getting pregnant since the patch/WA/update.  Maybe she is pregnant but it is stuck or something. What this will do is cancel her pregnancy so you can start a new one.

Alright, thank you very much.

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 December 21, 15:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem as poster above whose husband will NOT under any circumstance interact with his pregnant wife.  Pre WA, it was fine.   This is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me if this interaction was okay pre WA?  I loaded base game and WA a day apart and did not check the interactions. 
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 December 21, 17:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that after WA (or maybe the fucked-up 'update' patch) babies and toddlers are no longer gaining relationship points with any teens or adults through the snuggle/tickle/feed options. I'm not getting the blue '+' signs at all. Babies are still at 0 points with their parents when they age up to toddlers, despite endless snuggling.
I had the same thing, BUT when they aged up to "child", their relationship scores were where they should be.  I think it's just a graphical bug; it doesn't SHOW the relationship going up, but it is.

Other than that and the fridge bug, I've had the disappearing shopkeepers and one toddler who vanished while the mother was on vacation.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 December 22, 00:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Shutter Nut challenge from the photography skill also resets to zero when travelling. The weird part is that the collections will still remain as complete or will still retain all statistics and data only the shutter nut record is zero.

Also a funny thing happened. After updating to the 2.3 version. My sim when reading the paper will not sit on chairs or couches but will go up 3 floors just to sit on the tub and read.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 22, 03:01:12 by Steele » Logged
Brand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 December 22, 03:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the new patch my firepits have stopped working correctly. For example, if I try to roast marshmallows the sim ports a little bit away from the pit and the fire goes out...like its resetting itself if I try to use it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 December 22, 07:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that one tomb in Egypt where you have to swim in order to get to a couple of treasure chests, my sim would stand up, walk a step, and then return to swimming position in the water after told to "Go here".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 December 22, 20:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no mods or cc in my game aside from the Sims 3 Store items that I purchased or were given to me as gifts.  I am fully patched and the latest patch 1.8/2.3 has fixed a few of the bugs I was having in my game, but I am still finding bugs that either were not fixed by the latest patch or are apparently new bugs that came with the latest patch.  These problems are experienced with my Legacy family that I was playing for many months before World Adventures was released.

- I recently had the age reset to the first day of the young adult life stage when I directed my sim to change her appearance with the dresser; the sim had recently moved to a new house and was on the last day of her YA stage when I got her to change appearance (the extra information may or may not have anything to do with the re-appearance of this bug that was supposed to be fixed by 1.8/2.3 but I thought I would provide as much information that could be relevant)
- when I change a sim's hair style and make sure the lock icon is closed (to apply the hair style to all outfits) the selected hair does not apply to the martial arts clothing.  This is happening to me with a base game style that is supposed to be available for all outfits, and I wonder if this bug could be connected to having certain hair styles from the sims 3 store installed in my game.  (Hair styles I'm questioning are the "All Banged Up" for males and princess tiara for females--these styles are only available selections for everyday outfits in my game.  Does anyone know if store content has been updated/is compatible with World Adventures?  Uninstalling these styles has not fixed the problem, at any rate.)
- charisma skill stats (specifically funny jokes told) reverts to zero when any of my sims transition from one location to another
- value of cut gems and smelted metals held in the inventory always revert to their uncut/unsmelted values when the sim transitions from one location to another
- family tree data lost or corrupted and family tree information becoming inaccessible for some sims in the active family (this bug first appeared after travelling of course, and after reloading and getting my sims home safely, this bug eventually appeared after nearly a sim week of playing the family in Sunset Valley and not travelling at all.  It was caused by travel, I'm sure, but this bug's appearance was very delayed the second time.)
- the textures of my sims' trash compactor got messed up after a failed repair job set it on fire.  I clicked on the appliance and selected the "replace" option.  The trash compactor looks normal, but when I attempt to recolour it with CASt, it shows the basic metal as being a wood texture instead, and any attempt to change the pattern or colour of the appliance results in a totally messed up, difficult to describe mess.  It is the only messed up item on my lot, but deleting it and buying a new one doesn't fix it  Huh
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 December 24, 03:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished up a buggier than usual gameplay session. The first odd thing I noticed was that the guy in my active family had the options to "Criticize Lousy Book" and "Praise Fantastic Book" with his mother in-law. But she didn't have any points in the writing skill and had never written anything. So I switched to her, and she had the same two options show for him. I was going to check to see if the wife could have the same options show up, but she went into labor, so I had her go to the hospital. She had triplets, and came out of the hospital carrying a basket instead of a baby, but seeing how I've never had triplets, this is probably how it's supposed to work. Anyway, she took the taxi home instead of riding in the car with her husband. But once she got home, she took off running, basket in hand, and her queue said "Go Home". She ran all the way back to the hospital, got into her husband's waiting car and they drove home. When they got back to the house, instead of pulling into the driveway, like normal, the car was parked through the front door, looking like it crashed. They got out of the car ok, but the engine sound didn't stop until I moved the car to the guy's inventory. The wife then took the basket, set it on the sidewalk and pulled the babies out, setting them right on top of each other.

I was tired of the weird glitches at home, so I had my guy go to Egypt. Everything seemed fine until he went into one of the Pyramids to get the Flame Fruit and got stuck on a flame trap. He'd catch on fire, use a shower can, but then instead of moving, he'd keep setting off the trap over and over. I finally got him to move off the trap, by using "go here". And when I sent him to the general store, he got the "Enjoying Music" moodlet and it was stuck on him for the rest of the vacation. The last thing that happened was after I got back into Sunset Valley, I noticed the family's car had green windows and headlights and I noticed the windows in the house all had a green tint to them instead of the white reflection that's usually on the windows. At this point, I quit the game.

It wasn't nearly as buggy last time I played, but I'm not sure what caused it. All I'd done since then was download a newer version of AM.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 December 24, 04:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished up a buggier than usual gameplay session. The first odd thing I noticed was that the guy in my active family had the options to "Criticize Lousy Book" and "Praise Fantastic Book" with his mother in-law. But she didn't have any points in the writing skill and had never written anything.
This occurs after a sim has finished reading a full book, also.

The rest sounds spectacularly buggy. I can concur that the "Enjoying Music" moodlet from the market in Egypt sticks until the sim leaves Egypt. It has done so for me both times I've been there.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: