More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:09:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugs in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugs in WA  (Read 64395 times)
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bugs in WA
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 05, 04:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an Adventure Sim who also has the Discipline trait, the athletic trait, the Angler trait, and the green thumb - he has mastered the martial arts, his Athletic is at 7, his gardening is level 8, his cooking is level 5, and his fishing skill was 6. Now he can't fish, I get no options period; and he can't buy or sell anything at the grocery store when back in the Sunset Valley home town.

Before a third trip to China apparently triggered this, he had been to China twice, then to France once, then to Egypt twice (In that precise order), and everything was fine after each return home. I started getting opportunities to do some tournaments in China, 10  to be exact, so I had him return to China. In between Tournies he got the small quests like fishing for certain fish, which took bait  grown in China, so he bought a bunch of the fruits he needed and extra's to bring home to grow his own trees. He completed everything he had to do and got some mega rewards, plus he was up to level 10 now in fishing and athletics, and for some odd reason gardening went up to 9 and cooking went to 7 even though he only cooked a couple of things at base camp, and he harvested crops just twice he came across in China. I thought it was odd, but shrugged my shoulders to it. Then I find out the real truth - when he gets home finally. As not only can't he fish now or go shopping, all his skills are back to exactly what they were before he left for China this time. He does have credit for the tournament successes, but that is all.

Finally I sent him back to China to see what the skills and everything would be, and discovered he can fish and shop in China - the skills did not go back up like I had hoped they would. Even more interesting is I decided to send him to the book store before he left China again and get the 2 last books he didn't already have from there to discovered he couldn't - the shop keeper was gone. So he went to the grocer to get a meal, and that merchant was gone too. In fact the only merchant in their store was the one that sold tents, as the antique dealer guy is also missing. The special merchant was around, as she is also his teacher and best friend, and she could sell him stuff that she had, but he can't buy anything else in China. Then he gets home and he still has no fishing option in SV nor can he buy from the grocer. The skills appear stuck now too as well. This is super freaky.

Just wanted to add- I had patched my game up to date as soon as the patches came out, but I did not have WA the day it came out. In fact I didn't get WA until the following week on Wednesday evening. I also have a 99 percent vanilla game, with the only things in my game ibesides what came with it is some of the EA store stuff; the 3 booter and fps limiter from here, and HP's enhanced EA skin default. That is it. No mods, no CC, no hacks - and this is a brand new hood and I made the Sim in CAS just for the game. The only sims in this hood is the Sims EA put there besides my Sim and a family of 3 Sims I also made in CAS that lives across the street.

I wanted to check out WA with a single male YA with mostly WA traits and all WA clothes and hair; and then a family - mom, dad, and child age girl with just basegame traits, and their clothing is a mix between WA, basegame, and store. Both live on empty lots that I built a pond and put a garden spot for. Both my male Sim and the family went to China right off the bat, and I bought the cabin tents there for them to live in on their home lots so they would have plenty of money for exploring.

The family I admit have only been to China once and France, as I was not particularly fond of playing with the kid in tow. They seem fine after just having had 2 - 3day adventures. They are fishing, shopping, skilling, and skilling with no problem. So obviously something I did with just my YA triggered the problem. I keep wondering if it may have something to do with the Fish and fruits my Sims brought back from his next to the last trip to China. The only thing he had brought back before from any of his travels was just books and the new equipment in each country - like the martial arts equipment, the fortune cookie machine, the juice machine, the scooter, and things like that and the treasures of course. But when he came back from China he had a bunch of the fish left over from his quests and lots of the fruits, so I had him put them in the fridge to keep them. He also planted several of the fruits he had in his garden.

I never have had any problem with my sims fridge nor the lots in town like others report, nor have I had any problem going over to my other families lots and playing with them several times, so I also apparently do not have those problems. At least not yet. It did take me a while to get these problems I do have. I did try resetSim and it did not work. I did also change to the other household and then came back a few sims days later, and still no change. Any clues anyone?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 08:17:17 by Writin_Reg » Logged
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 05, 06:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a bit of a follow up to the "vanishing merchant"

Its possible the Sim selected to man the register by the game got stuck on the way to the register, it seems the decision process were the Sim is selected to "run the shop" is done by picking any Sim at random the first time your Sim visit that location.

Also it seems they are "bugged" or show a very idiotic behavior as the Sims that man the register will make a bee line to the register the moment your Sim arrives but since they are regular Local Sims they live at their homes so they could be stuck at their houses trying to reach the register I think one found solution is deleting the register and put a new one so the "select merchant" process is restarted.

The only one that seems to work as one can expect is the special merchant but then again, he have no "store" (AKA register) to man as it just hangs around the "Market lot"
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 05, 08:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Draken, I spent the whole afternoon on my Sims last day in China at the Merchants with the Special merchant, and not one of those merchants ever appeared. Even the special merchant got angry she could not get any food to eat, so she finally left and went home. I did not try deleting the cash registers though, as I did not think I could.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 05, 12:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The damaged skill fields in my game are as follows:
Does the damage occur only when you return to the main neighborhood, or does it occur when you leave and arrive at a vacation hood as well?
The damage occurs when there is a change in neighborhood. In my experience, returning from or going to vacation damages the skill records.

Also did notice that The Vizard of Vine challenge is currently unattainable.

I don't know if :
1. it is bugged
2. it records only ordinary grapes
3. only a specific special grape type should be used
4. the sim has to personally harvest the grapes and convert them into nectar.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 05, 22:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrading fortune cookie maker borks my journal in handiness section - that section becomes completely blank.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 05, 23:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the problem with the travel days not counting down until I moved AwesomeMod from the WA directory to the TS3 one. I have no idea why that fixed it, but it did... for now, anyway. I probably jinxed it by telling you. Tongue
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 06, 05:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The damaged skill fields in my game are as follows:
Does the damage occur only when you return to the main neighborhood, or does it occur when you leave and arrive at a vacation hood as well?
The damage occurs when there is a change in neighborhood. In my experience, returning from or going to vacation damages the skill records.

Also did notice that The Vizard of Vine challenge is currently unattainable.

I don't know if :
1. it is bugged
2. it records only ordinary grapes
3. only a specific special grape type should be used
4. the sim has to personally harvest the grapes and convert them into nectar.

Nope, it is attainable, and works for all grapes. 4) is true, and only grapes harvested by the said sim count. I've achieved it on two sims both sweatshopping as CN-Life Fruit nectar makers.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 06, 12:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed another bug. When my female sim gets pregnant and is showing, the husband can't interact with her unless she initiates it. Basically, it's not letting me click on her when he's the active sim. If I select her, she can interact with him. After she had the baby, he could interact with her again. But then she got pregnant again and the same thing happened again. It's not a huge deal, I guess, but it's preventing him from fulfilling wants to talk to or listen to her belly.

Also, does anyone have any idea why all my sims are constantly sneezing? It's only been happening since WA was installed. Can they get sick and die like they could in TS2?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 13:14:38 by ShortyBoo » Logged
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 06, 16:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed another bug. When my female sim gets pregnant and is showing, the husband can't interact with her unless she initiates it. Basically, it's not letting me click on her when he's the active sim. If I select her, she can interact with him. After she had the baby, he could interact with her again. But then she got pregnant again and the same thing happened again. It's not a huge deal, I guess, but it's preventing him from fulfilling wants to talk to or listen to her belly.

Also, does anyone have any idea why all my sims are constantly sneezing? It's only been happening since WA was installed. Can they get sick and die like they could in TS2?

I actually do believe that sims can become sick since the WA EP, but I am not sure on this.  To be honest, the only thing I have to go on is when I was looking through all the possibilities of the photo albums with the new photographer skill, I seem to remember that in the "Oh the Calamity!" section there was something about taking a picture of a sim, or a group of sims that were sick...but as I said, I am not positive.  This could, although, be the answer to the mysterious dead sims.  It had happened to me before and I had to reload an old save.  I also had the problem of the relationship section going blank and having full red bars on people, although I just reverted to an old save once again.

This game is buggier than...ummm...an...ant farm?  Bleh, couldn't think of anything clever, point is, FUCKING BUGGY!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 06, 16:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The canonical standard of bugginess is the "Ethiopian Outhouse".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 06, 16:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also had this experience.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
teacc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 06, 16:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also had this experience.

I have this issue also and noticed that when the relationship between the husband and wife is just "okay", "friendly" or even "flirty" he can interact with her, but as soon as they hit the "very alluring" status, the bug rears its ugly head. No love for you !
Pico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 December 07, 02:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everybody knows that pregnant women are unclean. It's just Eaxis giving its due to the Peranakan belief.
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 December 07, 03:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disappearing and invisible Pangu's axes are in my game. My sim could not finish "The Axe" adventure because of this. I searched Sims 3 forums to find out exactly where Pangu's axe is supposed to be located in the Temple of heaven. I used a debug cheat so that I could go to buy mode while my sim was at the Temple of Heaven. In buy mode, Pangu's Axe suddenly became visible on the wall (where it is supposed to be located). I was excited---I finally had found Pangu's axe. My excitement turned into disappointment quickly,because when I went back to live mode, the Pangu's axe was invisible again and my sim could not interact with it. This is a very annoying bug, because my sims need that Pangu's Axe to smash boulders on their adventures. Out of desperation, I tried to get Pangu's axe the easy way by using buydebug (in buy mode). When I put Pangu's axe on the wall it was visible, but after going back to live mode, Pangu's axe disappeared. Help! I've been trying to figure out what went wrong with Pangu's axe in my game and how can this be fixed. The only two mods I have in my game are Awesomemod and Twallan's Supercomputer. I'm really baffled.

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 December 07, 06:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the quest for Pangu's axe myself and the sims took the axe but could still not finish the quest. Due to other wonkiness in the game I decided to start a new save. Haven't tried that particular quest again though.

- INTJ -
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 December 08, 07:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disappearing and invisible Pangu's axes are in my game. My sim could not finish "The Axe" adventure because of this. I searched Sims 3 forums to find out exactly where Pangu's axe is supposed to be located in the Temple of heaven. I used a debug cheat so that I could go to buy mode while my sim was at the Temple of Heaven. In buy mode, Pangu's Axe suddenly became visible on the wall (where it is supposed to be located). I was excited---I finally had found Pangu's axe. My excitement turned into disappointment quickly,because when I went back to live mode, the Pangu's axe was invisible again and my sim could not interact with it. This is a very annoying bug, because my sims need that Pangu's Axe to smash boulders on their adventures. Out of desperation, I tried to get Pangu's axe the easy way by using buydebug (in buy mode). When I put Pangu's axe on the wall it was visible, but after going back to live mode, Pangu's axe disappeared. Help! I've been trying to figure out what went wrong with Pangu's axe in my game and how can this be fixed. The only two mods I have in my game are Awesomemod and Twallan's Supercomputer. I'm really baffled.
Have you tried using buydebug on the axe on another lot? And were you on the axe quest?
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 December 08, 19:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting the 0/whatever vacation countdown, but I like it. Everything seems to work normally when they've just got the basic 3-day visa, but as soon as they're able to book a vacation for 5 or more days the bar gets stuck at 0. I can still return home whenever I like via the cell phone, and so far I haven't noticed anything messed up when I get home. I also retain the cherries, pomegranates, plums, exotic bugs, etc. I pick up in foreign lands. I haven't really gotten into nectar making, fortune cookie baking or deep relationships with the locals, so I can't comment on whether those stats are getting screwed up for me. What I haven't tried yet, is having my Sim permanently remain in one of the vacation hoods. I'd love the option to have a Sim actually move there, not just staying on via a glitch. But maybe the game engine couldn't handle that.

Anyway, aside from that the only bug I've noticed at this point is that the damn game doesn't reset the already-explored areas for new Sims. It doesn't matter whether the Sim is from the same household or even if they have no relationship at all. This happened both before and after Awesomemod so it must be another EA bug, big surprise. I have absolutely no other hacks or mods and the only CC I've installed at this point is a few EA store items. Until all the borks are resolved, I'm not interested in getting all that involved in TS3. I'm just playing it for a diversion from my TS2 game. TS2 still, IMO, gives the best bang for the buck.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 December 08, 19:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I return from Al Simhara and my sims interact with each other the color bar is red and the text is missing. Also, my sims relationship/freind info in the toolbar disappears?

Anyone else have this?

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.
You have to go back on vacation to fix that one.  If you are on vacation when it happens you have to return home... and if it is still borked go back on vacation and it should be fixed.  It seems to fuck up sometimes when traveling and only by traveling again does it fix itself.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 December 08, 19:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the damn game doesn't reset the already-explored areas for new Sims. It doesn't matter whether the Sim is from the same household or even if they have no relationship at all. This happened both before and after Awesomemod so it must be another EA bug, big surprise.
That is actually an EA feature.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 December 09, 06:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a problem with homework resetting. There are two children in this house, and every day they come home and do their homework to 100%. The next day they get on the school bus, and all is well, the bus does its u-turn ... then suddenly the two children are somehow booted off the bus and end up standing back at the front door of their house, with homework now at zero completion. I have to manually send them to school, where they have to re-do last night's homework.

It's happened several times now. The previous generation of kids that lived in this house didn't have this problem. It's incredibly frustrating.
Treehugger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 December 09, 06:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a problem with homework resetting. There are two children in this house, and every day they come home and do their homework to 100%. The next day they get on the school bus, and all is well, the bus does its u-turn ... then suddenly the two children are somehow booted off the bus and end up standing back at the front door of their house, with homework now at zero completion. I have to manually send them to school, where they have to re-do last night's homework.

It's happened several times now. The previous generation of kids that lived in this house didn't have this problem. It's incredibly frustrating.

I had this problem way before the patch and WA. One time the kids managed to get to school before the reset and every kid in the school was reset!

What mods do you have in your game?   I had Twallan's super computer, careers and story progression mods (the smoking gun was sitting by the careers mod)  once I updated all of those the bug went away.
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 December 09, 07:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so it's not just WA. The only mod I'm using is AM (and I check for updates every time I play). Maybe I'll try getting them to school earlier.
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 09, 07:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOt sure if this is a feature but if it does it sucks. badly.

in general it takes me about 12-14 hours to be fully rested in china.  My cousins who just got into the game agree it takes a while to be rested as well.  Have yet to try sleeping in the tomb.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 09, 13:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that after WA (or maybe the fucked-up 'update' patch) babies and toddlers are no longer gaining relationship points with any teens or adults through the snuggle/tickle/feed options. I'm not getting the blue '+' signs at all. Babies are still at 0 points with their parents when they age up to toddlers, despite endless snuggling. Toddlers are only gaining points when adults/teens play with the xylophone etc with them or train them. I've searched various forums to see if anyone else is having the issue, but I've not seen it come up before. The only mod I use is Awesomemod, and I know it's not that. Can anyone comfirm this bug?
teacc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 09, 16:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the no-relationship-progress bug with babies and toddlers too. The relationship score is 0 for the father and 20 for the mother because she has the "attractive" aspiration reward.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: