More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:39:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 161997 times)
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #225 on: 2009 November 26, 03:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started fresh with a new neighborhood, no custom content, no cheats other than awesomemod.

In CAS - I cannot edit relationship.  I get into the screen, but I can't drag any sims to others to denote their relationships.

It picks any old picture it seems and never brings up the dialog to let me say what the relationship is.

Going to do CAS with no awesomemod - then go back to testing awesomemod....
Rodziel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 November 26, 03:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the unable to complete adventure bug, I saved in home neighbourhood and deleted travel locations .pack and .nhd from save dir, so game had to rebuild location on next visit. This seems to have fixed the bug, at least for now. I have yet to determine if this happens on the second visit to location or if quests only work for sims that were in that location when it was built.

Btw, I keep getting non critical core mismatch when I run the game even though I made sure AwesomeMod is the only one in use.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 November 26, 03:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PLEASE! Did anyone get this running on a mac!? !?
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 November 26, 04:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there,

just downloaded the newest version and stumbled upon another thing. Same female teen as before perfected her handiness skill while on vacation in China. Now I can't access that skill directly from "skill view" anymore. Clicking on another skill and accessing handiness from there does work but gets me this:

btw, I finally understood how to assign the cars. So the active sim will be the owner when I click on the car. No menue needed. Sometimes I'm slow...but I got there.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Akadai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 November 26, 04:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If amod's story progression is turned off, and you have all of EA's story mode options enabled in the amod config, but play with EA's story progression turned off, are the options still in effect? Or does the EA story progression have to be turned on? Just curious

My game also decided to assign a foreigner from China as a boss to one of the careers, who was currently a tourist in the neighborhood. This kind of smells like an EA bug, but thought I'd mention it just in case
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 November 26, 04:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WA makeup doesn't appear with Awesomemod installed in CAS.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 November 26, 04:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be more specific. I don't know what WA makeup is. How do I look for it, and where it is SUPPOSED to be?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 November 26, 04:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family of three (A man, a teenage boy, a child girl) napping (repeatedly) on the lounge chairs at the gym, fast-fowarding.  Just switching to Dad - my computer booted me out - with a Switch-to thingie - no idea why - and the Sims 3 (there at first), went away....

Should I give anyone any logs?

Well, maybe they'll get luckier with fishing this time....
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 November 26, 05:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran another test on the vacation crashing. This time I didn't gas any asses, just evicted and deleted all the premade sims, and voila it crashed... so the special NPC theory is out the door, it seems. It's as if AM somehow interferes with the game's ability to load without NPCs or their respawning or something... which of course makes no real sense.

No NPCs living in houses+AM=Weird Desktop Crash

EDIT: I wonder if the culprit isn't somehow the special items merchant. I tried deleting their families, but the game with AM just chose a new one until it finally started running out of families, at which point it crashed again. But yeah, the special items merchant *might* be the smoking gun.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 26, 05:31:19 by guardianpegasus » Logged
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 November 26, 05:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be more specific. I don't know what WA makeup is. How do I look for it, and where it is SUPPOSED to be?

It's eyeliner for the most part - Egyptian. The icons are the orange shaded ones like other EP content has...I haven't been in CAS to know if it's missing. I do know it's available if you change appearance in a mirror in game.

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 November 26, 06:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok the frozen motives and adventures not working is fixed, thanks Pescado. Now I can see what this adventure crap is about... as soon as I boot my game back up, it crashed right at 1AM with EA story mode enabled.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 November 26, 07:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will sound stupid but can someone show a link to the beta version?
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 November 26, 07:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/test/

It's updated often, more than once a day on average, so check the timestamp.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 November 26, 07:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, an error!

Now, about the WA makeup...
The WA makeup is categorized in CAS under makeup/eyeliner. It's mostly eyeliner that was effected. I know you can access it if you change appearance.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 26, 12:42:43 by IAmTheRad » Logged
sweetbajan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 November 26, 11:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted this before but no help Sad

My update says it is 1.7.11. I am running on a MAC and I am confused about which Awesome I should download. Clearly the one in the Updates sections says 1.4 and the one in the Beta Testing says 1.79. I tried installing the 1.79 and a box from Awesome came up saying that I am running a critical copy of Awesome (or something like that). Also when I use the configuration tool, I kepe the "DisableCDCheck" enabled but it doesn't allow me to run the game without the disk Sad

Any help - also I do not have any other Mods and the files are placed in the right place, I know this because the Mod actually works when I run it with the disk but for some reason, the configuration tool isnt being read and also I believe I am running the wrong version of Awesome. Help please.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 November 26, 11:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you please tell exactly where to put the AM? In which file?

It doesn't seem to work, anywhere i put it!!

Then I have a problem too, i have a couple of sims, and the female just cant talk to the man, i CAN'T click onto him, the little man cursor appears next to the arrow, but nothin happens when i click.

Then when i play with the male and click on the girl, the only thing he can do is frighten her.

BUT it woudn't come from AM, cuz it looks like it's not working (as i said before), i know it cuz I can't create a family without an adult in CAS :/

I don't understand anything!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 November 26, 11:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 November 26, 12:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, could you just tell me in which folder i have to put AM and my AM config? I mean is it in

Sims3>Mods>Packages>?
Sims3 WA>?
Sims3 WA>Mods>Packages?

OR ANYTHIN ELSE?

doesn't matter for the rest u__u
have to improve my english.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2009 November 26, 12:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a good and short explanation of these things (where to put stuff after WA) here:
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 November 26, 12:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game also decided to assign a foreigner from China as a boss to one of the careers, who was currently a tourist in the neighborhood. This kind of smells like an EA bug, but thought I'd mention it just in case

Maybe he runs the office from China?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 November 26, 12:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In CAS - I cannot edit relationship.  I get into the screen, but I can't drag any sims to others to denote their relationships.

It picks any old picture it seems and never brings up the dialog to let me say what the relationship is.

I can confirm this. I just went to create a second family, and when I tried to drag the pics to set the relationships, the little box thing that lets you choose a relationship never came up. After figuring out I couldn't edit their relationships, I cancelled out of the Edit Relationships screen, but then my mouse arrow was stuck on the one guy's thumbnail. I got rid of it by left clicking, but then the mouse turned completely invisible, so I had to minimize the game for a second to get it to come back.

I noticed something similar in CASt as well. Normally when I want two different objects to match, I'll drag the texture onto another item. I colored a bed how I wanted, then tried to drag the wood texture to the nightstand and it acted like it was loading, but nothing ever happened. Buy and Live mode both greyed out and the mouse disappeared. I had to quit through the Task Manager. I reloaded the game, went back into build mode to see if it was just a one time glitch, but again, when I tried to drag a pattern from one object to another, the mouse disappeared and CASt never came back up.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 November 26, 13:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On an unrelated note: Am I the only one getting a "Tourist" household appearing and quickly filling up with 20-30 (foreign) Sims, causing extreme routefail lag at the door every night? This happens whether Overstuffed Households is enabled or disabled, but I haven't had a chance to test without AM. The tourists that live there drop the ", Tourist" suffix from their name. My games seem to enjoy choosing houses with one small front door and one single-bed for the Tourist household, causing much hilarity and much lag. I can't predict when the household gets created, and have been unable to reproduce it when I'm intentionally trying to, but once it does the tourists start moving in at a ridiculous rate.
Following up on this - it would appear that this might be an AwesomeStory issue after all, and is possibly related to the issue from the person with the Chinese boss.

When it first happens (at a random point during the game), the Tourist household contains very few Sims. All Tourists that end their roles end up joining this household, however, causing it to fill up to 20+ in a manner of seconds.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 November 26, 14:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Ingeli

Now AM seems to work since i can create a family of only teens and children.

But i still have a problem:

1/ In CAS, i have only 1 trait for my sims: "stupid". All the others have disappeared, the spaces are left blank

2/ still have this problem that I can play my Girl sim but just can't click my boy sim ( to talk to him) and when i play my boy sim and click on my girl sim to talk with her, there's no option but frighten her, or do the moodlet manager things to her.

can someone help me?
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 November 26, 14:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THIS IS FOR MAC USERS.
Stop using macs if you can't read.

You need to put the mod files in the base game folder, and d3dx9_31.dll in The Sims 3/Game/bin folder.

Mod files = a folder named "Mods", inside you can find 2 folders, "Packages" and "Files". Simple as that. Basic AM knowledge. RTFM.
The game for Macs is different than for PCs, it uses the same core components but in a different way. You can access the game files through the app icon -> right click, "show package contents", then contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive. You should know your way from there.

Mods and independent package files seem to work just fine from the base game Packages folder, even AM, so the only thing to put in WA folder is d3dx9_31.dll.

AND THE GENEALOGY OPTIONS STILL DON'T WORK EITHER.  Angry

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
cinder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 November 26, 15:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's eyeliner for the most part - Egyptian. The icons are the orange shaded ones like other EP content has...I haven't been in CAS to know if it's missing. I do know it's available if you change appearance in a mirror in game.

Eyeliner shows up for me, CAS and otherwise, definitely not awesome related. Try moving mod to WA directory. Remember to delete scriptCache.package in My Documents.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: