More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:07:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 161210 times)
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #200 on: 2009 November 25, 21:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I remembered another thing. My female teenager had her lifetime want (is that the term, I'm not sure..?) "become a Renaissance-Sim" fulfilled. She went to China and once there, it reverted to no lifetime want at all, as if she never had one. After returning home, it appeared again, fulfilled as it should have been. Any ideas to that?

I can confirm that I've gotten this bug before installing AM, so it's an EA bug.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 November 25, 21:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As my sims still refuse to use their incrediblly expensive car in favour of their motor bikes they brought home with them, I tried to assign them to cars. That didn't work and there wasn't even a menue to choose from. It doesn't matter which car. If I tell them to use it they do, but they can't "own" it.
To avoid that I removed the parking spots on the lot and put the cars in their inventories, so they have no other choice.

This is due to a change in ownership of cars from WA, not due to the Awesomemod.

Duh, that's just great. Thanks, Eaxis. Cry So I really have to do it the way I described? Or is there a way around that?

ETA: I remembered another thing. My female teenager had her lifetime want (is that the term, I'm not sure..?) "become a Renaissance-Sim" fulfilled. She went to China and once there, it reverted to no lifetime want at all, as if she never had one. After returning home, it appeared again, fulfilled as it should have been. Any ideas to that?

I can confirm that I've gotten this bug before installing AM, so it's an EA bug.

Well, thanks again...at least the want returned. But it's annoying nonetheless.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 21:12:58 by JoshuasMama » Logged

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 November 25, 21:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JoshuasMama, it seeme to be a purely cosmetic bug. Travelling may fix it, or may not, but it doesn't have any actual effect on gameplay.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 November 25, 21:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JoshuasMama, it seeme to be a purely cosmetic bug. Travelling may fix it, or may not, but it doesn't have any actual effect on gameplay.

True, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. As it seems it's an Eaxis bug and not even related to AM, so no harm done. Wink

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 November 25, 21:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to confirm that the latest AM is no longer having problems sending my sims back to base camp when on vacation, after a save.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 November 25, 22:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just downloaded latest version (about 2 hours ago) - sent a sim to France - she is unable to complete an adventure. She accepts adventure but when she attempts to talk to another sim about the adventure (to get orders or to deliver items) she completes the talking portion of the action but does not register the action as completing that portion of the task nor does she deliver goods out of her inventory.

As I've only ever sent one other family member (matriarch of the clan) on a vacation (to Egypt) where that family member was able to complete several adventures, I am wondering if this is EAxian in nature or not (I suspect it may be).

The other thing that happened with this sim but not her mother, was that her needs were permanently stuck - all but fun at mostly green, fun about 2/3 green.

Am I also correct in my thinking that in spite of having a gig of RAM and 4 processors in my computer, the reason why the game has become slower than molasses at rendering everything is also EAxian in nature?  I have discovered that basements cause lots to have their items rendered with no prints...hmmm...I'm SURE that's not AM.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 November 25, 22:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod doesn't alter the talk engine or the rendering engine. At all. So any issues encountered here are EAxian.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 November 25, 22:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

exactly as I thought.

This is just another example of EA releasing a buggy piece of software and then expecting you to clean it up. I don't know how you keep doing it...and I'm still not sure why I keep attempting to play it.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 November 25, 22:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest build, my Sims are unable to start or complete a quest(depends on the quest).  They can't check in or deliver anything.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 November 26, 00:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the Build Nov-25-2009  14:26:48 and the 1.7.9/2.2 Patch my sims have no trouble getting pregnant but when she is pregnant the hubby cannot click on her to give massages etc. I could only click on her when she was in the bed and when it was time to take her to the hospital otherwise the Hubby could not choose to chat with her Etc. other than Slider hacks there are no other hacks in my game right now.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 November 26, 00:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I also correct in my thinking that in spite of having a gig of RAM and 4 processors in my computer, the reason why the game has become slower than molasses at rendering everything is also EAxian in nature?  I have discovered that basements cause lots to have their items rendered with no prints...hmmm...I'm SURE that's not AM.

If you really only have "a gig of ram", you need more ram to run WA. You really shouldn't be pairing any quad core CPU with 1GB RAM.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 November 26, 00:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really only have "a gig of ram", you need more ram to run WA. You really shouldn't be pairing any quad core CPU with 1GB RAM.
I agree. While the requirement for The Sims 3 is 1GB on XP and 1.5GB on Vista, I wouldn't be trying to run it with less than 2GB personally.  If I was using onboard video I'd not even try to run TS3.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 November 26, 00:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really should never quote the specs on my own computer (I just run 'em, hubby builds 'em).  I have FOUR gig of RAM, quad core phenom processor and dual 512mg video cards - this comes from hubby, not the computer dummy (me).

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 November 26, 01:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest AM, when I tell my sim to "go here" to another lot (instead of "visit lot") he always runs instead of taking a taxi even though the distance is quite far and the setting is automatic. Is that a bug or something? WA 2.2.8
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 November 26, 01:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the Build Nov-25-2009  14:26:48 and the 1.7.9/2.2 Patch my sims have no trouble getting pregnant but when she is pregnant the hubby cannot click on her to give massages etc. I could only click on her when she was in the bed and when it was time to take her to the hospital otherwise the Hubby could not choose to chat with her Etc. other than Slider hacks there are no other hacks in my game right now.
I have noticed this happening quite a few times in my tests, as well. The target Sim will occasionally become unclickable (for interactions) if:
1. The two Sims are standing.
2. The conversation is in the "extremely irresistible" tone.
It hasn't always happened every time these conditions are met, but once it starts happening it seems to always happen. If the conversation tone is changed from "extremely irresistible", or if the conversation continues while sitting or lying down, everything works again.

On an unrelated note: Am I the only one getting a "Tourist" household appearing and quickly filling up with 20-30 (foreign) Sims, causing extreme routefail lag at the door every night? This happens whether Overstuffed Households is enabled or disabled, but I haven't had a chance to test without AM. The tourists that live there drop the ", Tourist" suffix from their name. My games seem to enjoy choosing houses with one small front door and one single-bed for the Tourist household, causing much hilarity and much lag. I can't predict when the household gets created, and have been unable to reproduce it when I'm intentionally trying to, but once it does the tourists start moving in at a ridiculous rate.

Obviously, this is with WA installed. The latest time I've noticed both of these issues was with the 11/25 1:18 PM (time stamp in the zip) version, and I shall continue testing with the new 11/25 3:26 PM version.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 November 26, 01:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Crysill Did you notice this pregnancy thing before using AM? I didn't test out my sims having kids before installing AM so I'm not sure if it's an AM or EA bug.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 November 26, 01:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest AM gets somewhat further along in loading (about 30-40% as opposed to 15-20%) before crashing... so that's progress lol
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 November 26, 01:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Crysill Did you notice this pregnancy thing before using AM? I didn't test out my sims having kids before installing AM so I'm not sure if it's an AM or EA bug.
Just tested now, I can confirm that putting in the latest AwesomeMod with an extremely irresistible pollinated Sim results in interactionfail where none once was.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 November 26, 01:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started new neighborhood with latest awesomemod, and vacation destinations no longer crash. Previous hood that crashed I had "gassed asses" in all the vacation destinations because I loathe premades. Running without AM it seems the game fixes it by itself, but with AM it seems something is missing, bad enough that it bumps you to desktop.

Made another hood, gassed NPCs, same crash.

Guess I can't gas vacation NPCs without it bugging, which is a shame, because I absolutely hate premades.

Also, does anyone know how many NPCs are required to effectively "run" a vacation hood? In Al Simhara I tried with 4 but it seems you need 4 just for each shop in the market, but then you hardly get missions, and the ancient coin person is nowhere to be found.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 November 26, 02:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, now that is interesting. Because AwesomeMod does not alter any behavior relating to the spawning of NPCs, but on the other hand, you normally cannot gas their asses en-masse either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 November 26, 02:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even understand why EA made it so that vacation mission/buy/sell NPCs in vacation destinations have to live in houses. When I changed all the lots to vacation houses, nobody showed up in the town, market, or anywhere else, except for other explorers.

I'm going to try evicting everyone from the houses, but not gassing asses. Maybe there are some crucial NPCs that don't respawn with AM or something.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 November 26, 02:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by "crucial NPCs that don't respawn with AM", you mean "crucial NPCs that don't respawn, period", then this is quite possible. AwesomeMod does not alter the behavior of spawning, so if they don't respawn, they don't respawn, period. Given that you were probably never supposed to be able to nuke them to begin with, and they probably can't die, perhaps EA never wrote them to respawn.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 November 26, 02:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet the same person going to the same vacation hood with all NPCs gassed, does load if I temporarily remove AM... save when I arrive, reenable AM, and load the game and start in basecamp... alas my confusion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 November 26, 02:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is weird. We'll look into it. How exactly are you performing this? Gas them all at neighborhood generation, make a new character, go visit somewhere?

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 November 26, 02:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I really don't get it, especially if AM has nothing to do with regeneration.

Made a new neighborhood.
Gassed NPCs in starting hood.
Gassed NPCs in all vacation hoods.
Create new character.
Send new character to vacation destination.
*CRASH*

If I do not gas vacation population, it does not crash.
If I remove AM it doesn't crash.
I can even save before they travel, disable AM, load vacation destination without AM installed, and it loads successfully. Then I can exit and reenable AM, and it never crashes, regardless, and I've played for hours with AM re-enabled after I reach the destination.

So something is happening between gassing asses and some AM interaction with loading the destination... but as for what it could be? *shrug*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: