More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 15:19:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 161784 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #150 on: 2009 November 25, 01:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Granny, the problem is that Pescado is an actual sim working from inside a computer somewhere in EAs basement. That's why it all comes so naturally to him. Here are his five traits:

Computer Wiz - Computer Wiz's love spending time on the computer. They are great at tinkering with computers and can even make money as hackers if they choose.
Insane - Insane Sims respond to events in life unpredictably. They say what they want, do what they want and even wear what they want. Even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else.
Neurotic - Neurotic Sims will freak out at the most minor of provocations. They can become stressed easily and can be difficult to mellow. Luckily they take solace in sharing their worries with others.
Snob - Snobs are very hard to impress though they love hearing about themselves and will never turn down a compliment. They dream of owning only the finest things and being associated with the highest echelon of neighborhood Sims.
Inappropriate - Inappropriate Sims talk about the wrong thing the wrong time, never think to dress properly, and never think to apologize when they've wronged someone. They enjoy mocking others with harsh words.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 November 25, 01:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other things I noticed that were strange were the scooter not having any sound at all once back in Sunset Valley, and my guy randomly passing out at one point. I was actually attempting to befriend a sim (one of the store cashiers) in order to complete a quest. I started talking to her, and as soon as the chat action was done, a new action "listen" would come up, so I think she was chatting with my sim. As soon as she started talking, my sim would yawn and fall asleep right on the floor. His energy was full, so I have no idea why he fell asleep. I got him up and tried again, and the same thing happened like 6 times before I got them to friends. This only happened with this particular sim, though.
That is intended if the Sim that yours attempted to talk to was TL;DR.

That's one of the hidden traits that AM added, right? But I thought that townies and NPCs weren't supposed to randomly pop up with those traits. The one I was talking to was the cashier at one of the stores (I think the one where you can buy pots and bowls and other relic items) so it would be kind of strange for her to have that trait. Actually, I've never seen another sim before this have any of those traits. And I had a fairly large neighborhood before I reinstalled to test WA.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 November 25, 01:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Computer Wiz - Computer Wiz's love spending time on the computer. They are great at tinkering with computers and can even make money as hackers if they choose.
Insane - Insane Sims respond to events in life unpredictably. They say what they want, do what they want and even wear what they want. Even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else.
Neurotic - Neurotic Sims will freak out at the most minor of provocations. They can become stressed easily and can be difficult to mellow. Luckily they take solace in sharing their worries with others.
Snob - Snobs are very hard to impress though they love hearing about themselves and will never turn down a compliment. They dream of owning only the finest things and being associated with the highest echelon of neighborhood Sims.
Inappropriate - Inappropriate Sims talk about the wrong thing the wrong time, never think to dress properly, and never think to apologize when they've wronged someone. They enjoy mocking others with harsh words.
Heh. You only got 1 out of 5, really. I'm apparently quite difficult to provoke, if you ask Buttolino. If you ask the Butt or the wife, I'm too mellow, it seems. And I don't really share worries. Snob is the Lala trait. And I'm not really so much inappropriate as I am simply MEAN.

That's one of the hidden traits that AM added, right? But I thought that townies and NPCs weren't supposed to randomly pop up with those traits. The one I was talking to was the cashier at one of the stores (I think the one where you can buy pots and bowls and other relic items) so it would be kind of strange for her to have that trait. Actually, I've never seen another sim before this have any of those traits. And I had a fairly large neighborhood before I reinstalled to test WA.
That's probably the stock EA "Bore To Death" that "No Sense Of Humor" sims have. Tealdeering is a bit different, because it takes longer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 November 25, 01:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious about the EA story driver's 1:00AM crash, so I tested NRaas story driver with awesome mod and it also will cause a 1:00AM crash.  Just thought it was interesting.

Strike that. This morning I had a palm moment.  I realized that I didn't turn NRaas on at the vacation spots.  It was running EA not NRaas.  It doesn't crash in Sunset-- which is what got me thinking.  Daycare has officially made me brain-dead.  I will retest later-during naptime.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 16:47:13 by Process Denied » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 November 25, 02:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed. I want to play too, but I don't want to deal with the stress and bugs of a beta version.

....Though I do not see what capitalization has to do with beta testing. :p

You might be out of luck, as AM is likely to remain in a Beta state for the duration of the game.  Pescado had hoped for a base game release version, but as the base game core was modified with the 1.7 patch and WA, AM is likely to remain permanently in Beta testing, and with an expiry date.  So if you don't like the idea of using AM as a Beta tester, and don't like downloading updates regularly, you might need to forget about using AM.

As far as capitalisation goes, it is necessary for a beta tester as proper capitalisation, punctuation and grammar are all necessary to be able to properly explain what actions you took to find a bug, what actions you took to verify the bug, and exactly what the bug does.  Without properly articulated easy to understand details, finding and fixing the problems becomes so much harder.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 November 25, 02:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious about the EA story driver's 1:00AM crash, so I tested NRaas story driver with awesome mod and it also will cause a 1:00AM crash.  Just thought it was interesting.

I am hoping this is a feature.  Use AwesomeMod, use AwesomeStory.  All or nothing.  Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 November 25, 02:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No crashing problems and the game speed is alot better with AM than it was without. The only Errors I get is with gardening, talks about toad and storey mode. The other errors was when my Sim was fishing. The toad and story mode was mentioned then too. I am wondering if it has something to do with the gardening stars that never go away with AM installed. It never did this playing the game without AM. Haven't noticed any problems doing adventures so far. I will continue to test the adventures. The new expansion has so many glitches that AM is such an improvement as is already. Also never experienced the 1:00 crash.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 November 25, 03:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also never experienced the 1:00 crash.

Do you have story progression off? I really want that issue resolved but I would still like some kind of story progession.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 November 25, 03:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought AM was where u shift/ctrl click ur sim??
why is this one on the computer?? and are u going to get the old AM to work??
DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 November 25, 03:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also never experienced the 1:00 crash.

Do you have story progression off? I really want that issue resolved but I would still like some kind of story progession.
Turn it off before 1AM then re-enable it after 1AM has passed. Works for me (don't have that crash anymore...unless I forget to watch over the clock Tongue)

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 November 25, 03:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had just a minor issue that pops up back and forth. In CAS when creating a sim the new eyeliners from WA were not available but when I finished creating her and moved her into a new home and used Editsim they showed up. My AM is labeled 11/23/2009 17:39:01 and my Sims game is version 2.2.8.002001

My CAS settings are :      
Uses AwesomeMod CASRel Rules : Disabled

NoAdultCASRequirement :Disabled      

CASSliderScaleIncreased : Enabled      

Increases range of CAS facial sliders by :2

DisableTraitCaps : Enabled      

BetterGeneticSkinBlend : Enabled      

NoSmilingInCAS : Disabled   

CustomSimFilterIsDefault : Disabled      

NoDuplicateNames : Enabled      

RandomizeSpawnedVoices : Enabled   

DresserEditCareerOutfit: Disabled

When I used the AM file as is before configuring I did not have this problem so I'd assume one of the values I changed from default has something to do with this.

(Edit) I went back into Editsim to alter some facial features and the Liners were gone again it seems something randomly conflicts with those new liners, I did not ever have this problem without AM. I bought the game when it came out and started form scratch to test everything out and had created 8 sims without AM installed. I am just getting this problem now. I have a few custom Sims and the Ear Sliders but as I said there was never a problem with the liners disappearing from CAS before. I did have a sim lose her liner in game once so it could be an EA issue. Another odd thing I noticed but can live with is that it seems like my dishes Glow now:
imghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/SephirothIsGod/GlowyDishes.jpg[/img]

I got that glow too, with everything that was white, shiny or reflective, except this was without AM and with the newest sims patch. o.O
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 November 25, 03:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, the moron brigade.

Use AwesomeStory, fucktards, it works, is logical, and will not make your game go "poof".

@randomwhatever- this "bloom" effect is being discussed in other threads, elsewhere.  Not a bug, not part of this beta.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 November 25, 03:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hoping this doesn't break the board (it's a tad wide)... flagrant system error message. I don't know if it's important or not, so I captured it for your perusal.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 November 25, 03:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do I find AwesomeStory?
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 November 25, 04:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your call cannot be completed as dialled.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 November 25, 04:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Soviet Russia, AwesomeStory finds you.  Oh darn, your only two brain cells abandon ship in chapter two, leaving behind an even more worthless pile of goo.  

Too bad.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 05:17:09 by snowbawl » Logged
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 November 25, 04:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed. I want to play too, but I don't want to deal with the stress and bugs of a beta version.

....Though I do not see what capitalization has to do with beta testing. :p

You might be out of luck, as AM is likely to remain in a Beta state for the duration of the game.  Pescado had hoped for a base game release version, but as the base game core was modified with the 1.7 patch and WA, AM is likely to remain permanently in Beta testing, and with an expiry date.  So if you don't like the idea of using AM as a Beta tester, and don't like downloading updates regularly, you might need to forget about using AM.
Would not be any worse than EA patches. Wink
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 November 25, 04:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have confirmed the adventures not working and the frozen needs I keep going on about are being caused by awesome mod. As soon as I took it out, needs started moving and adventures worked fine. Something I noticed is the adventure person you need to talk to gets their map tag stuck over them even when not in map view with awesome mod in and the frozen motives and queue dropping starts.

Also the computer interaction "Chat with someone" makes the sim jump and reset. Not sure if that's also AM doing or EA.
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 November 25, 04:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the same Flagrent error as sewinglady. Popping up regularly.
First popped up at 1:07am game time, and reoccurs roughly every hour of game time, and I am using AM's story mode.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 05:08:56 by old_dude » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 November 25, 05:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim locks up whenever I choose the "travel" interaction with the cell phone.  I doubt this is caused by AM... but just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.  I have to resetsim to get it to do anything after it locks up.

Just got an error as well:

« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 05:53:48 by Simius » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 November 25, 05:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought AM was where u shift/ctrl click ur sim??
why is this one on the computer?? and are u going to get the old AM to work??

Huh?  What does that mean?

Why is what on what computer?

What old AM are you talking about?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 November 25, 06:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minor sidenote: There is a new perk in WA called "No bills, ever". This interferes with the purpose behind the AM "unifiedbilling".
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 November 25, 06:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting some jump bugs associated with novel writing ever since I installed AwesomeMod. It occurs just before I finish writing a book. It still gives me the money for the book and I get the popup that the book is completed, but it doesn't count in my writing statistics, and it also still leaves me with the option of completing the book or scrapping it on my computer. If I try to complete the book, the same exact thing happens again. The only thing to do is to scrap it.

Now, this doesn't happen with every book, and I've only noticed it happening with short books like children's books and trashy novels. It's possible that this is an EA bug that I just haven't encountered before, but I write a lot with my sims, and I never noticed it before installing the post-WA AwesomeMod.
daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 November 25, 07:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also getting alot of Flagrant System Error's. It happens mainly in the home town not so much when traveling. My Sim is maxed out in skills and the stars never go away. My error's seem to be saying pretty much what has been posted.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 November 25, 07:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of these issues have already been resolved in the new version. Others have not been able to be reproduced yet, but we will continue to look for them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: