More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 08:26:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 161993 times)
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #125 on: 2009 November 24, 18:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had just a minor issue that pops up back and forth. In CAS when creating a sim the new eyeliners from WA were not available but when I finished creating her and moved her into a new home and used Editsim they showed up. My AM is labeled 11/23/2009 17:39:01 and my Sims game is version 2.2.8.002001

My CAS settings are :      
Uses AwesomeMod CASRel Rules : Disabled

NoAdultCASRequirement :Disabled      

CASSliderScaleIncreased : Enabled      

Increases range of CAS facial sliders by :2

DisableTraitCaps : Enabled      

BetterGeneticSkinBlend : Enabled      

NoSmilingInCAS : Disabled   

CustomSimFilterIsDefault : Disabled      

NoDuplicateNames : Enabled      

RandomizeSpawnedVoices : Enabled   

DresserEditCareerOutfit: Disabled

When I used the AM file as is before configuring I did not have this problem so I'd assume one of the values I changed from default has something to do with this.

(Edit) I went back into Editsim to alter some facial features and the Liners were gone again it seems something randomly conflicts with those new liners, I did not ever have this problem without AM. I bought the game when it came out and started form scratch to test everything out and had created 8 sims without AM installed. I am just getting this problem now. I have a few custom Sims and the Ear Sliders but as I said there was never a problem with the liners disappearing from CAS before. I did have a sim lose her liner in game once so it could be an EA issue. Another odd thing I noticed but can live with is that it seems like my dishes Glow now:
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 19:27:11 by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 November 24, 19:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...I have the 1 a.m. crashing.  I've always used AM (my only mod) with story drivers disabled and the EAxian story driver individual changes enabled (hope that makes sense)...and crashed to desktop at 1 a.m.

So I went and made a new config file - story drivers both disabled and EAxian story driver individual bits all disabled. Still crashes to desktop at 1 a.m.

Next idea? (edited to add... I enabled awesomestorydriver - no more 1 a.m. crash to desktop...). THANKS, oh fearless leader. Things are pretty smooth at this point...my only complaint lies with EA, not with AM...I am sure of this.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 02:04:20 by sewinglady » Logged

carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 November 24, 20:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would to participate, but where is the beta version ? thanck you very much !
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 November 24, 20:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would to participate, but where is the beta version ? thanck you very much !
Can you not read the fucking first post?
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 November 24, 20:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO, i am sorry but english is not my language, but, thanck you, I can understand "fucking" because my son's father live in england for 10 years, and tell me some of this word.
I go to the first post, thanck you very much !
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 November 24, 21:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very excited about the update.

Just installed to the original mod folder; the game stalls at the WA load screen, same happened when moved to the WA directory.

I'm on a mac and I don't know if that is why it would be acting this way. Installing to a clean game.

You need to put the mod files in the base game folder, and d3dx9_31.dll in The Sims 3/Game/bin folder. I'm still getting the core mismatch error on start, dunno if there's even an official patch out for macs yet.

As for the mod, I found the genealogy options, but they refuse to work Sad It takes ages for the menu bubbles to appear, and then I can't set parents for a sim. Tried this a couple of times, eventually the whole game got stuck for at least 5 minutes.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 November 24, 21:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stayed up all night playing WA last night. I reinstalled TS3 and patched up before installing WA. I played with only store content and AM installed. I really didn't have any problems. The game didn't crash, and besides there being a bit of lag (like a 2 second pause every 10 minutes or so) in the tombs, the game ran smoothly. The first thing I did was grab the Bachelor family and send them to Egypt. I had the two parents and the son each do a different adventure from the board at base camp. The dad's quest required him to report to a certain sim for the first part of the quest. I went to report to the guy, but no matter how many times I tried, nothing would happen. They'd talk a minute, but the quest pop-up never showed and it still told me to report to him. The son had a quest to take a pic of a treasure chest, so I sent him (and since the dad couldn't complete his quest, I sent him along as well) to one of the smaller pyramids. They got through ok, but when the dive wells gave them the "soaked" moodlet, it never went away for either of them. They both dripped water and had the moodlet which said 2 hrs remaining for a full day before I was able to get rid of it by having them change to gym clothes and back to everyday outfits. I then went to turn in the pic of the treasure chest to the sim it told me to, and the same thing happened to the son as did the dad. The pic was never delivered no matter how much I tried. I tried completing the dad's quest again, and the same thing happened. The mom was able to complete a quest, though, before leaving Egypt. Once the vacation ended, I created a new sim and switched to his house.

I sent the new sim to Egypt right off and had him start some adventures. I noticed two things while he was doing adventures and exploring tombs; he didn't get a single adventure offered to him that the Bachelors had done already and the tombs were all exactly as they left them except with treasure restocked. I know this is realistic and probably intended, but I'm not sure how my other families are supposed to build up their VISAs if they can't go on any adventures.

I also noticed a few more things while exploring Egypt. First, there were hardly any locals outside at all. The only time I'd see them is when they were running home. I have Community stalker swarm disabled in the config. Several of the quests require you to befriend some locals to complete, so this could be a problem. Another thing I noticed was the Egyptian locals keep singing this one song (the one about the Mummy) over and over (like the Sea Chanty in TS2) and it was driving me nuts. It seemed like every local who had nothing to do would sing that song. I could even hear sims singing it through the walls in their houses as my sim walked by. This I assume is something EA put in on purpose, though. Pretty much the same thing happened with the martial arts skill. My guy kept doing martial arts poses every time he was idle. The only other things I noticed that were strange were the scooter not having any sound at all once back in Sunset Valley, and my guy randomly passing out at one point. I was actually attempting to befriend a sim (one of the store cashiers) in order to complete a quest. I started talking to her, and as soon as the chat action was done, a new action "listen" would come up, so I think she was chatting with my sim. As soon as she started talking, my sim would yawn and fall asleep right on the floor. His energy was full, so I have no idea why he fell asleep. I got him up and tried again, and the same thing happened like 6 times before I got them to friends. This only happened with this particular sim, though.
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 November 24, 22:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All hail the great Pescado!

Awesome's "resetworld" cheat did just the trick with cleaning up my Error 12 issues.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 November 24, 22:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so my game now starts and i get to my family but right after i unpause and 3 messages pop up saying something is enabled and then 2 seconds after, it crashes to the desktop. Is there a way to disable the messages that pop up? like the story progression or sumthing?

Thanks
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 November 24, 22:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other things I noticed that were strange were the scooter not having any sound at all once back in Sunset Valley, and my guy randomly passing out at one point. I was actually attempting to befriend a sim (one of the store cashiers) in order to complete a quest. I started talking to her, and as soon as the chat action was done, a new action "listen" would come up, so I think she was chatting with my sim. As soon as she started talking, my sim would yawn and fall asleep right on the floor. His energy was full, so I have no idea why he fell asleep. I got him up and tried again, and the same thing happened like 6 times before I got them to friends. This only happened with this particular sim, though.
That is intended if the Sim that yours attempted to talk to was TL;DR.

A very minor issue at this point, but: I have a Sim who chose to run along the side of the road for over an hour instead of using the police car in her inventory when I told her to "go here" in map view. Sims are not making the most logical choice. (I have 1.7.9 and AM without any cc or WA.) NOTE: That was yesterday, so I really should retest again today.
I experienced this (although it was an NPC Sim) and thought nothing of it at the time, but figured I'd "second" this post since I'm not the only one. This also happened yesterday for me, and I only noticed it twice over several hours of testing.
Jasumi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 November 24, 22:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed today, is that the "nuke" option overrides the game's tomb building debug menu.
DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 November 24, 23:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed today, is that the "nuke" option overrides the game's tomb building debug menu.
Get the new beta version, It has been fixed.

Also, anyone else experience 1am crashes to desktop?

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 November 24, 23:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in France on an opportunity from the business career, "The French Connection", where I need to discuss ventures with the "Local Merchant" but I can't find one called that. I've conversed with all the merchants I can find and none of them have a blaring obvious option to complete that opportunity. There's nothing marked on the map either. Perhaps its tied to the above weirdness. Anyone else?

It's possible that that is one of those quests which doesn't brink up any of the gold interactions like when you have an option to go turn in a quest and instead you just have to do a specific social interaction with a number of sims. One of the quests I've done involves solving riddles and all you do is walk up to a sim and choose the option "Solve a riddle" which doesn't really show up as anything special except for the fact that you don't usually have that interaction, and then after you've talked to a certain number of sims with that interaction the quest just completes itself. Not sure if it's the same thing as you say there's no glaringly obvious option (I would consider a new interaction glaringly obvious), but perhaps your only looking for the highlighted quest buttons and just missed it?

Since it's a base neighborhood quest, I imagine that be the case. However, I tried all the options I could find and didn't see one that seemed to help.

I stayed up all night playing WA last night. I reinstalled TS3 and patched up before installing WA. I played with only store content and AM installed. I really didn't have any problems. The game didn't crash, and besides there being a bit of lag (like a 2 second pause every 10 minutes or so) in the tombs, the game ran smoothly. The first thing I did was grab the Bachelor family and send them to Egypt. I had the two parents and the son each do a different adventure from the board at base camp. The dad's quest required him to report to a certain sim for the first part of the quest. I went to report to the guy, but no matter how many times I tried, nothing would happen. They'd talk a minute, but the quest pop-up never showed and it still told me to report to him. The son had a quest to take a pic of a treasure chest, so I sent him (and since the dad couldn't complete his quest, I sent him along as well) to one of the smaller pyramids. They got through ok, but when the dive wells gave them the "soaked" moodlet, it never went away for either of them. They both dripped water and had the moodlet which said 2 hrs remaining for a full day before I was able to get rid of it by having them change to gym clothes and back to everyday outfits. I then went to turn in the pic of the treasure chest to the sim it told me to, and the same thing happened to the son as did the dad. The pic was never delivered no matter how much I tried. I tried completing the dad's quest again, and the same thing happened. The mom was able to complete a quest, though, before leaving Egypt. Once the vacation ended, I created a new sim and switched to his house.

<snip>
As soon as she started talking, my sim would yawn and fall asleep right on the floor. His energy was full, so I have no idea why he fell asleep. I got him up and tried again, and the same thing happened like 6 times before I got them to friends. This only happened with this particular sim, though.

Your game is doing exactly what I described in my above post. Something is causing adventures not to work and it seems like you have the stuck needs bars as well. Can you direct your sim to use the toilet and have his bladder bar fill? It seems like the bars are still counting down but the UI isn't updating till you "resetsim" and then they still remain stuck because they won't go up or down no matter what you do. Eventually all this wonkyness just crashes the game... or it does for me anyway.

No 1AM crashes here by the way. I have AM story disabled and EA.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 November 24, 23:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do i disable Story Progression?HuhHuhHuhHuh
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 November 24, 23:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are too stupid to test the beta.  Kindly remove yourself from the thread, and possibly the gene pool, depending on how far you want to go to be helpful.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 November 24, 23:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch. That hurt. :[
i just want to play the game. Tongue
DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 November 24, 23:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Options Menu (F5), then go to options and finally Game options.

It seems turning off Story Progression before 1am then turning it back later "fixes" the 1am crash (well It did for me). I'm going to test 2-3 more sim days to confirm.

Edit: I've tried for a second sim day. Turning Off the EA Story Progression before 1am DOES prevent from crashing (well like I said: It does for me), but I wouldn't call that fixing the issue :S .
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 00:18:21 by DJTekilla » Logged

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 November 24, 23:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you have no business testing the beta. The whole point of it being called beta is that it's in testing-- in theory, your game could blow up as soon as you download the thing. Leave the testing to the people who know how to capitalize properly and wait for the non-beta version.

I sing along with elevator music.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 November 25, 00:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you have no business testing the beta. The whole point of it being called beta is that it's in testing-- in theory, your game could blow up as soon as you download the thing. Leave the testing to the people who know how to capitalize properly and wait for the non-beta version.
Agreed. I want to play too, but I don't want to deal with the stress and bugs of a beta version.

....Though I do not see what capitalization has to do with beta testing. :p
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 November 25, 00:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really don't understand MATY if you think capitalization isn't important.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 November 25, 00:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Single biggest issue I'm still having is that the game crashes with awesomemod when sending a sim on vacation. Does not crash when editing town.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 November 25, 00:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone,

this is my very first post on MATY, but I'm a long-time-lurker and love this site (and of course El Presidente!  Grin)!

But that's fairly unimportant so I will move on to the point of this post.
I have been testing betaAM (and AMconfig) in a clean, WA patched game with new neighbourhood and everything seemed to be running fine (no crashes whatsoever). So I took in some other cc (updated for WA) but couldn't interact with people at the destinations anymore. Doing quests and interacting via the button e.g. "contact" still worked, but no direct interaction. So I took the cc out, that solved the problem.
But now my sims got stuck in a bed at the base camp in China. Tried "resetsim", didn't work. Tried to "sell" them via "moveobjects", didn't work either. But when I tried this, I noticed that when I enter buymode at the basecamp it transports me to some random uninhabited lot. Don't know, I didn't buy a house there, but the base camp isn't shown as "green" anymore in townview. Removing AM solves this.

Is there anyone else having this bug?

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 November 25, 01:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really don't understand MATY if you think capitalization isn't important.
I understand it is important on the forum, I just don't know what it has to do with beta testing. Smiley
Grannysims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 November 25, 01:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are too stupid to test the beta.  Kindly remove yourself from the thread, and possibly the gene pool, depending on how far you want to go to be helpful.

Do you have to be so mean to people?  Shame on you! Don't forget that people are here to learn just like you probably did at one point. There is no need to be calling people stupid any damn time you feel like it.....get off your high horse buster!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 November 25, 01:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have to be so mean to people?
Yes, actually, being mean is an officially sanctioned activity that amuses me. People are expected to be mean, because meanliness is what amuses me and keeps me interested.

Shame on you! Don't forget that people are here to learn just like you probably did at one point.
No, they aren't. This isn't an English class.

There is no need to be calling people stupid any damn time you feel like it.....get off your high horse buster!!
Actually, it's mandatory. Now, find someone dumber than you and go call them stupid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: