More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 11:34:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 161995 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #75 on: 2009 November 24, 03:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod in my game (with or without awesome config) is causing all travel destinations to crash me to desktop at 10-15% loading. At first I thought perhaps killing of all the NPCs there with "destroyallhumans" was responsible, but removing awesomemod results in successful loading.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 November 24, 03:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very excited about the update.

Just installed to the original mod folder; the game stalls at the WA load screen, same happened when moved to the WA directory.

I'm on a mac and I don't know if that is why it would be acting this way. Installing to a clean game.
 Sad Kiss
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 November 24, 03:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they are not fixed yet, I am in France with some new sims and it still says "Click to Go Home"  It should say, Click to return to Base Camp.  I just downloaded the newest version of the beta mod from today at 5:something pm.

I just noticed something strange.  After going into a saved game, the "click to go Home" was showing, and tried to send my sim home, I was also unable to use the phone for anything, no options came up.  Before I exited and restarted the game, everything was fine, just as it should have been, but going back into a saved game (which was started new with AM installed) the problem showed.  I wonder if it is something with the way the game is saving, or loading from the save that is causing the problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 November 24, 03:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is there anyway to fix the 1 am crash? I haven't had any problems before WA with AM. The only way I knew it happened at 1 am is watching the clock and for the split second that the game froze before crashing to the desktop. Also is there plans to add the new skills into the things you can have awesome mod do? Like the martial arts broken into the three different sub-tasks like with the body skill?
Kendall
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 November 24, 03:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they are not fixed yet, I am in France with some new sims and it still says "Click to Go Home"  It should say, Click to return to Base Camp.  I just downloaded the newest version of the beta mod from today at 5:something pm.

I just noticed something strange.  After going into a saved game, the "click to go Home" was showing, and tried to send my sim home, I was also unable to use the phone for anything, no options came up.  Before I exited and restarted the game, everything was fine, just as it should have been, but going back into a saved game (which was started new with AM installed) the problem showed.  I wonder if it is something with the way the game is saving, or loading from the save that is causing the problem.

I'm having the same problem like you too. The phone is not usable and I discovered that if you are on vacation while installed AM, you'll probably get "Click to go Home" on the arrow button. But if you're in the original neighbor enwhile AM is installed, the phone would work and when going on vacation, the arrow button would say "Click to return to base camp", and everything seems to be fine. That's so far what I've gone through.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 November 24, 03:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest version seems to have fixed the ctrl+shift click on tomb objects.

Okay, I'm not getting this. Even with no mods at all, ctrl+shift+left clicking on tomb objects that I buy with "buydebug on" isn't giving me any options at all. Are you sure there isn't something else you have to enable?

ETA: My problem is solved thanks to rum nate.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 03:32:27 by Greyform » Logged
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 November 24, 03:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greyform, are you in build move or live mode when trying to set up tomb objects? You have to be in buy/build mode to be able to set up tomb items.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 November 24, 03:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I did download the right AM but u say put it in the directory? What folder is that? Game/bin folder or... Which folder?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 November 24, 04:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im so Confused..Im not sure if im putting AM in the right place?? i put AM in the mods folder on my base game and i dont know wht else i have to do???Can anyone help?cause my game wont load. im not sure wht i have to do with the framework?
Move the framework and the package file(s) - i.e. AwesomeMod into the World Adventures installation directory, or you apparently can have the framework folders in both the base game directory AND the WA directory, however some are finding that AwesomeMod works when placed in the WA directory. (See the post by GuardianPegasus - six posts below this one.)
Quote from: J. M. Pescado link=topic=17330.msg502026#msgain502026 date=1259020577
AwesomeMod works for me placed in the base-game directory, but the framework DLL must be placed with WA as well.
Pescado would be the expert on this.  I would try his suggestion.
KevinGoth, I have quoted above the original posts on this matter.  You need to install the "framework."  If you downloaded AwesomeMod from the beta link in the very first post in this thread, there should also be a RAR file in your download which contains the framework. You will unzip that file and install the (still empty) files in both places (that is to the base game root installation directory and also to the World Adventures root installation directory (this is most likely C:\Program Files, or in the case of a 64-bit operating system it would be C:\Program Files (x86)).  Also within that RAR file will be a file called d3d9_31.dll.  You will need to copy that into the Game>Bin folders of BOTH directories.  There is also a file called Resource.cfg.  If I am correct, that file needs to be placed into whichever root directory you have installed AwesomeMod.

As far as the actual placement of AwesomeMod, I would suggest you begin Pescado's way (i.e. base game installation directory - Mods>Packages) - and then, if that does not work, try to install it to World Adventures.  Remember to move the Resource.cfg with AwesomeMod.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 09:35:10 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
avitous
Tasty Tourist

Blond and proud. (Reader: Beware)

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 November 24, 04:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am simply running in Live Mode with my sims and have thrice gotten an error message. I took a screenshot of each, but they look the same. (Maybe there is a difference I am not seeing?)

The First occured after the Wife maxed out on the second level gardening book. The Husband was making lunch.
The Second happened after the Husband had just achieved a Wish to clean the counter where the food processor is. Wife was reading.
The Third happened while the husband slept and the wife read. Nothing extraordinary happened.

I hope this helps. I am sorry if I cannot be any more help, if any. I just wish to help AwesomeMod out as much as I can. It live sby its name. Smiley

EDIT: Just got a Fourth. Wife is showering. The message appeared instantly when I paused.

**Also, I noticed the no-mosaic isn't constant. The mosaic appeared when she used the toilet, but there are no mosaic entering the shower.

EDIT: Assuming they are all the same message, I won't post more pictures. (Have them if you want them, though.

Hit number Five occured after I used space to switch to the Husband, then tried clicking on the Wife's portrait so I could click her to go to bed. The error appeared, stopping me from clicking on the portrait right away.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 04:54:27 by avitous » Logged

Eh? You'll have to speak up, I'm blind and blond.
(1998 = 6 years old? 1988 = 18 years old? WTF?)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 November 24, 04:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a strange one, and I don't know if it's the game itself or awesomemod.

Family 1 is making nectar.
I change households to Family 2.
Suddenly I get a popup asking me what to call this batch of nectar.
I go back, and sure enough, the guy is standing at the nectar machine, nectar finished, about to take the bottle into inventory.

EDIT: Also, and this I am very sure is an EAxis bug, some plants and trees very irritatingly keep showing up when you're on a basement level, which is stupid, because everything else above ground is completely blacked out.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 04:56:29 by guardianpegasus » Logged
avitous
Tasty Tourist

Blond and proud. (Reader: Beware)

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 November 24, 04:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so the messages are all related to AwesomeStory. (I'm feeling stupid now.) I'm going to turn it off and go with the EA story with AwesomeMod edits.

ALSO! Is anyone having a problem with the "Save and Quit" Option? I've tried it twice now, and all it does is save. There is no quiting involved. Anyone else with this problem?
EDIT: Well jeez, three's a charm I guess. Third attempt worked with "Save and Quit."

Eh? You'll have to speak up, I'm blind and blond.
(1998 = 6 years old? 1988 = 18 years old? WTF?)
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 November 24, 04:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the other day I sent my guy to Egypt for a second time.  A friend of his there had died of old age prior to that, but when he appeared at the base he had a negative moodlet of witnessing death, his LAST NAME was changed to the one person's last name AND he'd gained an adult daughter with a woman I'm not sure he even really knew that well...  And even the 'daughter's' half-sibling was in his relationship panel.
I had basically the exact same problem the other day. I sent my girl to Egypt with her daughter because her dad was from Egypt but when I got there she was heartbroken from witnessing death of some old random guy. I was looking through relationships to see if he was still there via bugs when I saw a teenage boy with the family icon. 'Son'. The old guy I saw in family tree had taken my last name and now I had this almost full grown son, in Egypt no less.

I guess Egypt is full of body snatchers!  Beware of Egypt!
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 November 24, 05:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have storymode off, however the game continues to respawn and move in new NPC families in travel destinations. Guess I'll change all the residential lots to vacation homes.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 November 24, 05:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**Also, I noticed the no-mosaic isn't constant. The mosaic appeared when she used the toilet, but there are no mosaic entering the shower.

If you are using AM to remove the censor blur, then this is normal behaviour, and RTFM.  

If you are using a different no mosaic mod, and there are a few available, then it may be the mod, and there are reports some of the no mosaic mods didn't work right with 1.7/WA, in which case try a different mod.  I use a different mod, which also removes the blur when using the toilet, and I haven't had a problem with it.

Here's a strange one, and I don't know if it's the game itself or awesomemod.

Family 1 is making nectar.
I change households to Family 2.
Suddenly I get a popup asking me what to call this batch of nectar.
I go back, and sure enough, the guy is standing at the nectar machine, nectar finished, about to take the bottle into inventory.

What's so strange about it?  Sounds like normal behaviour to me. 

You do realise that when you switch active households, the other household will continue with whatever they were doing?  In your case, Family 1 continued to make nectar after you switched to family 2, so at some point they would have finished making the nectar, and hence the notice to name it.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 05:40:38 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 November 24, 06:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well then, maybe it's just me but I don't appreciate popups unrelated to the current lot. Imagine if you exit the game that day and start another family the next day or week or so, you'll have no clue what that other popup was about.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 November 24, 06:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, why not just disable the notification option in the config tool? Or does that only work for the story progression pop ups?

I sing along with elevator music.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 November 24, 06:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled the basegame and installed WA, patched it to the latest patch, put Awesomemod in my base game directory. I played for about 20 minutes with AM running smoothly. I sent my Sim to France and as he was exploring a tomb, the game crashed to desktop. I have no idea why. I'm hoping it was something to do with having beta AM in my game. Would the MDMP or text file that resulted due to the crash be of any use to anyone?

Also, can we use our old config files with this new AM?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 November 24, 06:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received 3 FSE pop-ups in relatively quick succession as I was using the Ctrl-Click menus to test some AwesomeMod features.

The first occurred when I attempted to raise the visa level of a Sim; the second occurred when I used Ctrl-Click on the refrigerator to have the same Sim "learn all recipes" - this was successful & resulted in her acquiring all of the "foreign" recipes; the third occurred when I used the Ctrl-Click on Sim menu to give the Sim a raise, which was ultimately also successful.

They appear to be similar in content.  "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  SystemNullReferenceException:  All mention Awesome Story Bus Random Toadings".  I have the pictures if you want to see them.

googlyman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 November 24, 06:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two errors which may be related.

Upon traveling to China I noticed that my sim's needs never went up or down. No hunger, no fun, no energy, etc. On top of that, My sim did not gain any progress from any skills. The two that I attempted were athletics via Swimming and Sim Fu via Training Dummy. The progress bar sat at one little notch.

One more bug comes to mind, but I don't know if it is EAxis fault or an issue with AM, but one of my sims became a partner and immediately bought out the Bistro in Riverview, and after that he continuously went into the bistro for drinks, even while full, until I ordered him to do something.

Keep up the good work Pescado and I'll report any thing else I find.

EDIT: When I attempt to Report the opportunity/adventure "Seeking Adventure" nothing happens.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 06:49:33 by googlyman » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 November 24, 06:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They appear to be similar in content.  "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  SystemNullReferenceException:  All mention Awesome Story Bus Random Toadings".  I have the pictures if you want to see them.
Pix or it didn't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 November 24, 07:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Numerical Relationship Status part of AwesomeMod does not appear to be working in my game. Other than AWESOMEware (ruleof6, csma/cd, awesomemod, aweconf), I have betternames, nointro, default skin replacers, default eye replacers, breast sliders, pointed ear sliders, and buyable dummy/board breaker (other than the one fixed Store object).  I checked in the showconfig, and there was no option that would relate to numerical relationship status.

It still exists in the rtfm, yet in my game that is WA patched, no dice.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 November 24, 08:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pix or it didn't happen.
I am unable to attach the pictures so I've uploaded a RAR containing all three to:  http://www.4shared.com/file/158599540/fae34ff7/Flagrant_System_Errors.html

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 November 24, 09:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game failed to save. No error message or anything, just the spinning animation and the "Saving" text that seems to be stuck in infinite loop.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 November 24, 10:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more bug comes to mind, but I don't know if it is EAxis fault or an issue with AM, but one of my sims became a partner and immediately bought out the Bistro in Riverview, and after that he continuously went into the bistro for drinks, even while full, until I ordered him to do something.

This bug has been reported pre-AM, so it is highly likely that it is actually an EAxis bug.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: