More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162054 times)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 23, 20:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running 1.7.9 base game AMBeta with only store content installed.  AwesomeBeta installed in ye old location.  No issues thus far if AwesomeStory is enabled.  If EA story progression is used, yep, you got it, crash to desktop at 1 a.m..  I do not use Indie, so did not test for that progression driver.  Happily, I use AwesomeStory and have no issues to report at this time under current config.  Will continue testing.

Just wondering, how long, in-game wise, have you tested it so far? I have the same problem as you, and was able to run with AwesomeStory enabled for about 1 1/2 sim days before it crashed at 6 (AM or PM, I wasn't able to catch that before it crashed).

Also, it looks like I've got the same spoiled food problem as Narmy pointed out, sans-WA. The food spoils literally within about 8-12 sim hours after being stored steaming hot from the counter into the highest-end fridge.

Ditto, 2 1/2 days in, crashed at about 6 pm.  Ditto on the food spoilage.

Edit: am getting random crashes now, does not seem to be any real rhyme or reason, just crashes.

Edit2:  Theorizing it is crashing on "pollination" story actions (getting pregnant)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 23:10:56 by snowbawl » Logged
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 23, 20:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM in the WA folder (it just doesn't load in the base folder, sorry), I'm only getting a few hours in before it crashes. Maybe half a day? On a fresh save game, I have time to move a sim into a house, get a job, and skill at the library for a little while. If I play in 3X speed, it crashes in a couple minutes, but I get roughly the same amount of gameplay.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 23, 20:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food spoilage is a bug in the EA code.  It was doing it before I installed Awesomemod.  So, if that helps anyway...
WildCard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 23, 20:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: am getting random crashes now, does not seem to be any real rhyme or reason, just crashes.

Is that with AS still enabled? Because I'm pretty sure the reason why it is at random intervals is because AS updates its families at random intervals.

AwesomeStory runs at random points throughout the day and is actually least active at night because no one is awake to move.

So you're technically still getting the same crash problem, it just tends to happen at different points (unless you did in fact disable AS).
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 23, 20:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that with AS still enabled? Because I'm pretty sure the reason why it is at random intervals is because AS updates its families at random intervals.

AwesomeStory runs at random points throughout the day and is actually least active at night because no one is awake to move.

So you're technically still getting the same crash problem, it just tends to happen at different points (unless you did in fact disable AS).

Yep.  AwesomeStory is enabled, game will crash, seemingly, whenever it feels like it (I am assuming a story progression action is taking place when this occurs...possibly "pollination"/impregnation).

Question:
Have you (or has anyone) tested the 1.7.9 patched base game without AM?  I am assuming EA story progression works just fine in a vanilla game, yes?
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 23:12:11 by snowbawl » Logged
WildCard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 23, 20:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  AwesomeStory is enabled, game will crash, seemingly, whenever it feels like it (I am assuming a story progression action is taking place when this occurs).

Same here. You could always disable story progression mode for now until a solution is found. I've been playing for about a sim week without it, and everything runs just fine.

Why am I not surprised about EA being the culprit of the food spoiling? Oh well, my sim will have to live off cereal and juice for now.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 23, 20:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  AwesomeStory is enabled, game will crash, seemingly, whenever it feels like it (I am assuming a story progression action is taking place when this occurs).

Question:
Have you (or has anyone) tested the 1.7.9 patched base game without AM?  I am assuming EA story progression works just fine in a vanilla game, yes?
What do you mean "tested"? I have been playing the patched game without AM if that is what you mean, with very few crashes to desktop.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 23, 20:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will continue testing.
Have you had a chance to test Family Relations in Create-A-Sim and/or impregnation? Although I'm testing with WA installed, confirmation that they work fine in at least one other setup would be excellent.

Regarding crashes: With EA story I, of course, crash at 1:00 AM. With AwesomeStory, I've yet to experience non-Try for Baby related crashes (Ran for about 2 Sim days, will keep trying until I experience a 'random' crash).

Regarding folder arrangement: I copied only d3dx9_31.dll from the Framework to the WA Bin folder. Only the base game has the Framework and AwesomeMod installed. Awesome features work fine for me (besides the issues mentioned in my previous post) with this setup.

EDIT: There it goes. Got through Day 3 without crashes (on a new game) before a 'random' crash occurred (using AwesomeStory).
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 21:23:14 by Crysill » Logged
WildCard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 23, 20:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:
Have you (or has anyone) tested the 1.7.9 patched base game without AM?  I am assuming EA story progression works just fine in a vanilla game, yes?

You're right. I have, and it does. It passes its 1AM mark without a single hitch.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 23, 21:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EP has so many bugs, even without mods, that it's scary.  

Once, sending my people to China, the game loaded at the base and I had no sims to play, and when I got back to town the husband had a moodlet that they died (witnessing death and heartbroken).  They (mother and daughter) were still in his relationships as long distance.  He called them, invited them over and asked them to move back in.

Just the other day I sent my guy to Egypt for a second time.  A friend of his there had died of old age prior to that, but when he appeared at the base he had a negative moodlet of witnessing death, his LAST NAME was changed to the one person's last name AND he'd gained an adult daughter with a woman I'm not sure he even really knew that well...  And even the 'daughter's' half-sibling was in his relationship panel.

The food spoilage thing...

I'm sure many others as well that I just haven't come across.  I realize that this is the discussion for the Beta Testing, but I thought that knowing these existed before the Mod was installed might help future testing...  In case this happens in a testing game, one might see that it's the base game corruption and not the work of AwesomeMod.

Nemamiah
Asinine Airhead

Maybe not...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 23, 21:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thus far the family relationship menu has caused mouse fail, going to see whether pregnancies will work. I've got a clean game and had to fiddle around a bit to get awesomemod to actually work. I'll keep updating, I want to help after all...

Edit: crashed on pregnancy music, looks like babies are a no go for now.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 21:18:19 by Nemamiah » Logged

I am invisible to everyone but dogs and Jehovah's Witnesses...
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 23, 21:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not played with awesome mod on WA long enough to notice food going bad in half a day but I am currently experiencing the 1 am crash, when I don't play with awesome mod it just continues like normal, also with awesome mod for before WA I had no problems with a 1 am crash.

Also this is on a note completely unrelated to awesome mod. My main sim is sparkling... Is there anyway to get rid of lifetime rewards?
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 21:59:13 by Keyan » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 23, 21:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:
Yes I have.  In fact, I had the 1.7.9 patched base game and the WA expansion and all was going along very well (no custom content other than Sims 3 packs that could be installed with the launcher).  Game ran quite smoothly.  No spoiled food, no lag on loading, and no slowness at all until I moved the Sims to a much larger house.  Plants were also growing and getting harvested; the only thing I noticed about that was that the plants seemed to die much quicker than before.  So it seems to me that these problems have a lot to do with custom content installed as package files, as we've seen reported in the various threads.  Could be an EA plot to discourage use of such content (so they can sell more from the store, or in support of the TSR tool which exports Sims 3 packs?)  As I mentioned to you earlier, snowbawl, I am going to reinstall WA and resume testing. Will report back.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 23, 22:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the debug options supposed to work? I have them enabled, but so far I've found no options to modify relationships or genealogy like I did before. WA and/or the removal of AM messed up family relationships, so I'd like to get them fixed.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Squirrel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 23, 22:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing the beta all building tools tool behaved strangely and tried to place the things on the first and second floor, too. Even when the view is on the ground floor. Never had this before I installed the beta.

This even affects the basement tool:

Then I noticed, as already reported at MTS, that the "Max Sliders to 50" increase isn't really working. (In UI.dll -> CASFacialBlendPanel.AddSliderGridItem there is a "20" that needs to be replaced by "50", too).

Apart from that I had no issues, yet.

I have 1.7.9 without WA.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 23, 22:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that beta crashes on "try for baby" in the 1.7.9 base game (this jives with Crysill's findings in WA).  Random crashes perhaps are not random and are caused by the "pollination" story action, as that is the only story action I have not seen go through.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 23, 22:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalled Sims 3.
Installed World Adventures.
Patched to 1.7.9/2.2.8
Installed framework in base game.
Downloaded and installed AM beta.

Game not loading with awesomemod. No crashing, no errors, no messages, mouse thingie swirls around, but nothing happens. Windows says program is running, just nothing loading up.

Removal of awesomemod file again results in successful loading.
eldisia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 23, 22:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the other day I sent my guy to Egypt for a second time.  A friend of his there had died of old age prior to that, but when he appeared at the base he had a negative moodlet of witnessing death, his LAST NAME was changed to the one person's last name AND he'd gained an adult daughter with a woman I'm not sure he even really knew that well...  And even the 'daughter's' half-sibling was in his relationship panel.

I had basically the exact same problem the other day. I sent my girl to Egypt with her daughter because her dad was from Egypt but when I got there she was heartbroken from witnessing death of some old random guy. I was looking through relationships to see if he was still there via bugs when I saw a teenage boy with the family icon. 'Son'. The old guy I saw in family tree had taken my last name and now I had this almost full grown son, in Egypt no less.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 23, 22:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalled Sims 3.
Installed World Adventures.
Patched to 1.7.9/2.2.8
Installed framework in base game.
Downloaded and installed AM beta.

Game not loading with awesomemod. No crashing, no errors, no messages, mouse thingie swirls around, but nothing happens. Windows says program is running, just nothing loading up.

Removal of awesomemod file again results in successful loading.
Some people have reported success with the framework, etc. in the WA directory.  You could try that.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 23, 22:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do. Does it matter if I double up on framework (both base and WA folder), as long as I have only one set of packages?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 November 23, 22:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure about that. I believe I read somewhere in one of the threads here that someone had tried this with success.  I know personally that the game would not load for me when I had the framework in the base game directory.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 November 23, 22:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Left the framework in base folder without any further modification (except removal of files in mods folder)

Installed framework and awesomemod beta in World Adventures folder resulted in success.

All humans destroyed, one sim moved in, no bugs encountered so far.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 November 23, 23:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do. Does it matter if I double up on framework (both base and WA folder), as long as I have only one set of packages?

I read somewhere, think it was Twallan's board, that doubling up doesn't seem to hurt anything yet, but that as time passes it could cause the game to become cluttered up and laggy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 November 23, 23:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indiestone is no longer a valid story driver that works.
The massive changes to the game and engine render Indiestone non-viable. As the Indiestone project is abandoned now, we have stopped support for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 November 23, 23:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im so Confused..
Im not sure if im putting AM in the right place?? i put AM in the mods folder on my base game and i dont know wht else i have to do???
Can anyone help?
cause my game wont load. im not sure wht i have to do with the framework?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: