More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:05:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162067 times)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« on: 2009 November 23, 16:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread is for people testing the latest beta version of AwesomeMod.  This is not for people who are still running the base game with 1.3 or 1.4 patch version of AwesomeMod.  Update your game BEFORE installing the beta.  And keep in mind this is most definitely a beta, use at your own risk.

Well, since I haven't heard any anguished wails of doom from the first testers, we can commence the public test. You can get the Base 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 AwesomeMod here. Base and WA at the latest patch level seem to have the same core, so one item works for both, as mentioned.

As Pescado notes later, all files work in the same location as they always have (this may or may not be true, read the thread).  Also, for those of you too stupid to not know this already, make back-ups of anything you might not want to lose, and remove all other mods and CC before testing.  Start with a clean slate, add things back once you've figured out if AwesomeMod runs smoothly.  We don't want to hear your problems because you left some CC in that is actually the culprit.

Please report and discuss any problems, or post your questions here.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 23:27:21 by snowbawl » Logged
WildCard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 23, 17:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long time lurker, first time poster, mainly because AM has always worked flawlessly up until this latest update. While I don't seem to experience any random crashes, I have definitely gained a version of the 1 a.m. crash bug. I realize that this bug has its own thread, but it seems to be particularly attached to this update only, so I figured the report best fit here instead (also because the "use x story progression mod" didn't work out as a solution).

Edit: Finally figured out what my real problem is here. It seems like after installing this recent version of AM, the story progression will no longer work. It's like the 1 AM crash bug in that it crashes, I'm thinking, whenever AS is updating the people around town, therefore it occurs at a random time throughout the day. When I remove AM completely, everything works fine. When I toggle off AS, it crashes at 1AM (the EA story mode update time). Toggling story progression mode off completely removes the crashing issue.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 18:10:16 by WildCard » Logged
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 23, 17:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question:

Does the beta of AwesomeMod fix the bug in WA where your food spoils even in the fridge? I cannot play with such a glaring bug and for me it has been a race to see who will fix it first, AM or an official patch. I heard there will be no new features until it is stable but I was just curious.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 23, 17:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed in the download there is no config file to place in the game along with the mod.  Can we use the old config file?  Or just showconfig from within the game?  I have uninstalled and am reinstalling the game now to make sure it is totally clean.

hanns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 23, 17:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched my game from 1.4.6 to 1.7.9, and started it up before replacing all my CC. I get an error message saying 'Unable to start game. Service initialisation failed (0x6224dd27).

What have I done wrong? D:
Anria
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 23, 17:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the beta of AwesomeMod fix the bug in WA where your food spoils even in the fridge? I cannot play with such a glaring bug and for me it has been a race to see who will fix it first, AM or an official patch. I heard there will be no new features until it is stable but I was just curious.

I don't know the answer to your question, but if it's really annoying you that much, try this mod.  I've found it works with WA.
Lestergirl
Asinine Airhead

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 23, 17:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the WA expansion on a clean install no hacks except the Installer Monkey. I installed the 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 version this morning. I used the old config file set to disable the Awesome Storydriver. The WA stalled at load screen. I removed Awesomemod and now it loads properly. I hope this info is helpful.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 23, 17:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know the answer to your question, but if it's really annoying you that much, try this mod.  I've found it works with WA.
Yeah I did see that mod, but I do not want it to spoil slower out of the fridge, I just want the fridge to work correctly. I am on level 9 of the culinary career and I am afraid to get promoted and have the reward fridge not work. I took that career path because I did not realize the quick spoilage was a bug at the time.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 23, 17:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please keep in mind that you, as a guinea pig, are testing this beta at your own risk.  If you do not know what you are doing or are unsure about things, DO NOT test it.
ohels
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 23, 18:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i know this sounds like a really pushy question but will this mod be officially downloadable (as in not in testing) soon? i just never had the awesome mod before and now i'd like to try it.. that was before i found out it wasn't compatible with this update!
DAZSims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 23, 18:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well firstly i brought this game on the 17th, after following the sims l for a few weeks. i already knew i wanted to play with awsomemod.
but that was the day it expired, my game auto patched to 1.7.9 and when i put in the mod it  just froze on the loading screen.  that was the end of it.
I then brought WA which came at 2.0.6, and auto patched to 2.2. i then downloaded, 'AM puplic test file' put that in and still the game froze on the loading screen. this time at the start rather than the end

Im used to using mods on other games, but it doesnt mean ive maanged to put it in right, i think this is the most confusing one i've had so far.
The game worked fine both times as soon as i took out the AM package file. due to bad timming i havnt been able to play the game ive had for a week yet.
graycurse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 23, 18:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i know this sounds like a really pushy question but will this mod be officially downloadable (as in not in testing) soon? i just never had the awesome mod before and now i'd like to try it.. that was before i found out it wasn't compatible with this update!

Testing means that people are going through and trying to break their games with the mod. If you're too afraid to test the mod/break your game, you want everyone to take a while to make sure that any issues have been fixed.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 23, 18:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been testing this version of AwesomeMod with World Adventures installed and patched to 2.2.8.002002. The base game is patched to 1.7.9.002002.

Naturally, I've tested it while removing all custom content with the exception of TS3 Store booty. Everything I've tested seems to be working just fine for the patch, sans two problems that are instantly eliminated when AwesomeMod is removed:
1. Attempting to set up family relations via Create-A-Sim causes extreme mousefail.
2. A successful "Try for Baby" results in an instant crash with no errors/debugging options. This does not occur when no baby was made; it only occurs when I otherwise would have heard the bells.

These occur whether the game is new or saved, and persists for all families. It is most likely that my game has simply failed, but I thought I would put these out there to see if others have found the same things to occur. I do not ask for help solving them, merely whether other testers for this version of AwesomeMod with a similar setup experience the same issues.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 23, 18:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a totally clean game, put in the framework and awesome mod and the game won't start.  It hangs on the WA screen.  If you would like a saved game, let me know, I'll be glad to link it to you.  If you want a saved game, let me know which one you want, from the base or WA folder.

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 23, 18:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only bug currently involves the game crashing withing minutes of starting.  I have no other mods and the only CC I have is store items.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 23, 18:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know the answer to your question, but if it's really annoying you that much, try this mod.  I've found it works with WA.
Yeah I did see that mod, but I do not want it to spoil slower out of the fridge, I just want the fridge to work correctly. I am on level 9 of the culinary career and I am afraid to get promoted and have the reward fridge not work. I took that career path because I did not realize the quick spoilage was a bug at the time.

Is it spoiling after just a few hours, like if you had left it out? And are you using the top level fridge? Food is meant to spoil in the fridge after a while (as it does in real life) and then you have to clean it out. The most expensive fridge doesn't do that.

Okay, after a few hours of trying to get this to work, I have discovered that AM does not work unless I move the framework into the WA folder. I am legal base game and Reloaded EP, latest patch. No other CC or mods yet. Before I moved the framework, it just got to the loading screen and stopped. Not froze, just sort of stopped. It's loading okay now, though.

EDIT
I have a totally clean game, put in the framework and awesome mod and the game won't start.  It hangs on the WA screen.  If you would like a saved game, let me know, I'll be glad to link it to you.  If you want a saved game, let me know which one you want, from the base or WA folder.
Yeah, this. It was hanging. Lady Moiraine, try moving your framework into your WA folder.
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 23, 18:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had the same issue on a clean install. Make sure you install AM and the associated files in the WA directory and not the base game directory and remove any remnants from the base game as well. It worked for me after i moved it around.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 23, 18:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know the answer to your question, but if it's really annoying you that much, try this mod.  I've found it works with WA.

Is it spoiling after just a few hours, like if you had left it out? And are you using the top level fridge? Food is meant to spoil in the fridge after a while (as it does in real life) and then you have to clean it out. The most expensive fridge doesn't do that.
Yes, it spoils within a day even when I put it in the fridge. (I have the most expensive fridge besides the culinary one.)
DAZSims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 23, 18:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after reading Tever's post i went back and tryed every combination of mod and frame work i could think off. i now have frame work in base and WA with the mod file in WA. this is the only combination i have found so far that lets my game load instead of hanging around on the loading screen.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 23, 18:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For true testing purposes I should have left it that the game won't load where the files were originally intended in the Sims 3 folder but my curiosity got the best of me and I too moved the files  to the WA folder and the game does play now.  Sorry boss, I know work arounds are not what you want to see.

But I do have the original saved game that would not load saved if it is needed.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 23, 19:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running 1.7.9 base game AMBeta with only store content installed.  AwesomeBeta installed in ye old location.  No issues thus far if AwesomeStory is enabled.  If EA story progression is used, yep, you got it, crash to desktop at 1 a.m..  I do not use Indie, so did not test for that progression driver.  Happily, I use AwesomeStory and have no issues to report at this time under current config.  Will continue testing.

Edit:
Am experiencing random crashes to desktop
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 20:22:12 by snowbawl » Logged
WildCard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 23, 19:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running 1.7.9 base game AMBeta with only store content installed.  AwesomeBeta installed in ye old location.  No issues thus far if AwesomeStory is enabled.  If EA story progression is used, yep, you got it, crash to desktop at 1 a.m..  I do not use Indie, so did not test for that progression driver.  Happily, I use AwesomeStory and have no issues to report at this time under current config.  Will continue testing.

Just wondering, how long, in-game wise, have you tested it so far? I have the same problem as you, and was able to run with AwesomeStory enabled for about 1 1/2 sim days before it crashed at 6 (AM or PM, I wasn't able to catch that before it crashed).

Also, it looks like I've got the same spoiled food problem as Narmy pointed out, sans-WA. The food spoils literally within about 8-12 sim hours after being stored steaming hot from the counter into the highest-end fridge.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 23, 19:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indiestone is no longer a valid story driver that works.

Also, remember that this is in BETA and it may not work as intended.

I'll test it myself tonight after I get home.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 23, 19:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA 2.2.8. Using AM alone, I'm getting a non-critical core mismatch at startup.

Reinstalled everything and now there's no non-critical core mismatch.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 21:03:52 by Greyform » Logged
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 23, 20:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have WA 2.2.8. Using AM alone, I'm getting a non-critical core mismatch at startup.

I'm WA 2.0.86, and I'm getting a non-critical core mismatch at startup, with everything else (which has been working, such as Twallan's super computers and such) taken out, and the 4 Cache files deleted. But I installed the mods folders under WA.

[Edit] Ok, I patched to 2.2.8, and no more non-critical core mismatch message.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 20:45:07 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: