More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:21:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lifetime Rewards and Food Spoiling
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime Rewards and Food Spoiling  (Read 11947 times)
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lifetime Rewards and Food Spoiling
« on: 2009 November 23, 00:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been reported that the majority of the new lifetime rewards either don't work, or make things even worse.

I personally have Meditative Trance Sleep and it actually makes your Sims require more sleep. They have to sleep for 12 hours a day now. Apparently No Bills Ever doesn't work either, but I haven't tested that since I actually use a mod to quadruple my bills. Can anyone give info on the other lifetime rewards?

Also, food seems to spoil in less than a day no matter whether or not you immediately put it in your fridge. Regardless of which fridge you're using (even the level 10 culinary reward). Very irritating for single Sims or very small families.
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
Re: Lifetime Rewards and Food Spoiling
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 23, 02:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the MTS and the No Bills rewards and they both work perfectly for me.  I've tried the other rewards as well and they work fine, too.

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 23, 02:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running the game without CC (other than official stuff), so if it bugs out for me, it's got to be either a WA or patch bug.
I can say for certain that the food spoiling is a problem. It does indeed spoil very quickly.

However, I have gotten Meditative Trance, and it does seem to work. It cut my sleep times down quite a bit (maybe 6 hours sleep from almost empty bar to completely rested, on a 8-rated bed).

I haven't fully tried the No Bills Ever reward, but from what I've seen it seems to work. Definitely one to ignore until you have all the important one though - and by that time you've probably made so much money for your Sims that bill won't be a problem.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 23, 03:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the food spoilage problem, but there was a hack-type thing that apparently works for WA and stops the food spoilage. I think it was at modthesims.

The only problem I had was with the lifetime wish disappearing after it was fulfilled. But then it came back, so I don't know. The rewards seem to be working fine for me.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 23, 12:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've definitely seen the food spoiling overnight bug. I'm currently playing a single test Sim who spends most of the time tomb raiding, so I've just been having her make single serving meals when she is at home. I'm dealing with it for now, but this would suck in regular gameplay.
I gave her the meditative trance sleep, and it did seem to work at first, but lately she's been requiring more sleep, not less.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 23, 13:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food spoiling is a problem. It spoils while they are eating it one day after it's made. I don't have WA so this one has to be patch related.

I don't know about the rewards problem, I had to start over and no one has enough points to buy any rewards.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 23, 14:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food spoiling was patch related.  I've had that problem ever since installing the patch.  Old food that was already in the fridge prior to the patch lasted forever, but any new food spoiled within a sim day.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 23, 23:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food spoiling was patch related.  I've had that problem ever since installing the patch.  Old food that was already in the fridge prior to the patch lasted forever, but any new food spoiled within a sim day.
Which patch? The one that added the basement tool or the one that came out after WA? I have WA and the food bug, but I will reinstall and not do the 2.2 patch if that is what caused it.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 24, 00:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food spoilage is the update to 1.7.9 patch. I don't have WA and I do have food spoilage. It's as if the food wasn't put in the fridge. Salad went bad both outside and inside the fridge at the same time.

On a related note: Has anyone noted more ghost interaction than before? I keep the old generations in a cemetary in the back without a gate, but the mad scientist and master thief can get out any way. Before they might come in and read a book or something, but now they are making food that causes negative moodlets when it is thrown out before it spoils (because it will go bad before they can eat it). They have pretty much just taken residence in the house. I know I can ask them to leave, but it wasn't a problem before.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 24, 03:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think food spoiled with the 1.6.6 patch as well.  I'm convinced they don't have a single person at EA that actually plays the game.  If they did, they'd have found the food spoiling problem in probably less than 10-minutes.

Speaking of Lifetime Rewards, that "Eye Candy" sparkling is really damn annoying.  I regret giving that to my sims. Sad
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 24, 04:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, so that's what those sparkles are!  I gave that trait to one of my Sims and didn't notice it immediately, but then I saw it & wondered why it was happening!  Yes, I agree it is very annoying.  I'm sure someone will mod it into oblivion soon, much like they did with the stupid sleep Z's!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Lakishi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 24, 08:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it is still a very annoying bug with the food spoiling, there is a minor fix to it done in game.  It's still extremely annoying because you have to remember to do it every time you see a Load Screen.   This includes starting the game, as well as going on adventures (including the fridges at location once you buy a lot.)

The simple fix it, as soon as you are finished loading, go into buy mode, open the household inventory, move your fridge into the household inventory, then place it back on the lot.  The bug should be squashed until the next time you use a load screen.
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 05, 08:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realized after I installed WA, my food too spoiled less than a day it was made and the hack for food to remain fresh longer does not work. Hmm, it's getting annoying

Written
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 05, 14:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would seem that the food spoilage bug is not limited to the food in fridges.  Food in replicators also spoils very fast, or so it seems from my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
Treehugger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 05, 16:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that the food spoiling bug depends on what fridge you have. The cheapest and most expensives fridges have the bug while the two midrange fridges do not.

So another solution is to upgrade (or downgrade) to one of the midrange fridges while we wait for a fix for the problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 05, 16:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally have Meditative Trance Sleep and it actually makes your Sims require more sleep. They have to sleep for 12 hours a day now. Apparently No Bills Ever doesn't work either, but I haven't tested that since I actually use a mod to quadruple my bills. Can anyone give info on the other lifetime rewards?
Trait works fine for me, and the math behind it in the code says it should work fine, although there are plenty of things that will extend sleep independently of energy recharge rate.

Speaking of Lifetime Rewards, that "Eye Candy" sparkling is really damn annoying.  I regret giving that to my sims. Sad
Droptrait it. AwesomeMod's droptrait not only will now remove rewards, but also will refund you the points.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 05, 19:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that the food spoiling bug depends on what fridge you have. The cheapest and most expensives fridges have the bug while the two midrange fridges do not.

So another solution is to upgrade (or downgrade) to one of the midrange fridges while we wait for a fix for the problem.

No.  This is not consistently true.  It would seem that mileage varies considerably.  I have a midrange fridge installed, and the food spoils within a sim day.  Additionally, food that has been replicated and is accessible by replicator also spoils in the same period, AFAICT.

Nevertheless, it would seem a happy occurrence if you can solve your problem by simply using a different fridge.  Personally, I still have to replace the fridge every time I load to get it to work properly.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: