More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:49:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  "Selective Freezing" with new computer: Awesome mod's fault
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Selective Freezing" with new computer: Awesome mod's fault  (Read 2158 times)
underwater
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
"Selective Freezing" with new computer: Awesome mod's fault
« on: 2009 November 22, 21:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My brother built a computer for me a month ago. Here are the specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, build 7600)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 ghz
8 GB RAM (right now 4 GB)
Directx 11
ATI Radeon HD 4770 with 2 GB Memory

I have patch 1.4.6 for TS3. When I first installed and played TS3, the trees were glowing and boxy pixels. My brother had me turn some kind of anti-aliasing off, which fixed the problem.

I also had some BSOD issues unrelated to TS3, so I removed 4 GB of RAM. Which fixed that problem.

Now, I have "selective freezing":

It first started when my sim woke up, right as the high speed transitioned to normal speed..my sim froze while walking, but his plumbob was still spinning like mad like it was in high speed. I could not move, click, zoom--nothing. But while everything else was frozen, the plumbob, some birds, and plants were all moving at hyper speed.

This has now happened within seconds of entering the game, during a fast transition (whether it be time-wise, or zooming quickly in from map view to my sim). The only way to stop it is to End Task TS3. I tried taking a screenshot, but when pasted in paint all I get is a giant black box.

Can anyone help? My record playing time was building a house and getting my sim a job. I'd like to play further someday...

Update: Since I had never played TS3 without Amod, I uninstalled it to see the difference. After 10 mins of no-freeze gameplay, I've come to the sad, sad, conclusion that Amod was caushing the selective freezing. I'm going to test further, because I cant comprehend TS3 without Amod.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 00:34:08 by underwater » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: