More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:20:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Error Code 16 on Patched Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error Code 16 on Patched Game  (Read 4722 times)
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
Error Code 16 on Patched Game
« on: 2009 November 22, 20:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried to save my game a few minutes ago and got the "error code 16" message pop up.  I had saved my game earlier (just after moving a Sim into her new house), but A LOT happened in between there.  I've updated to the 1.7/2.2 patch, but still getting this message.

Any ideas?  Or is EA just still staffed by douchetards?

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Error Code 16 on Patched Game
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 22, 20:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got an error code 16 with the 1.7/2.2 patch, when I was testing CC to see what may have caused a blue lot error. I hadn't done much, just placed a few items on a lot, and tried to save. xP

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 22, 23:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to save on the WA 2.2.8.002002 without any issues. 

Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 23, 19:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just gotten the Error Code 16 problem. I am on vacation in France, and it's the first time I have gotten that error.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 23, 22:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the error codes occurring when at home, or are they like Death-Jester's where you are outside the main hood?

Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 24, 03:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they were at home.  Not only all of that, but then I found out my saved game files were corrupted.  I ended up having to start all over.

Now, I'm saving the game at regular intervals, and putting copies into a separate backup file.  It's kind of a pain in the ass, but not nearly as much as redoing everything.  So far, I haven't had the error code come up since then.

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 24, 19:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed WA, disabled my old save game files, and removed all mods (I kept any CC installed via the Launcher), patched, and started a fresh new hood just to try things out. Created my guy, moved him in, cheated to give him money (I just want to see what they added dangit!) and sent him to egypt. He did the first quest, finished it, started the next one, but it got dark so I sent him to base camp. He slept, I saved and quit, restarted this morning, played some, saved and got error 16, so I can verify that this happens even with the patch, no hacks, and a fresh game.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 27, 08:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten error codes 12, 13 and 16 with the patched game, no mods or CC other than official stuff, both on vacation and in Sunset Valley.

I found the only possible fix is to go into Edit Town mode, sit the for a coupleo f seconds, then Return to Game. When it asks to save or continue, tell it to save. It should save fine, then you can either risk it and continue playing (I found that the game is more likely to crash after that successful save), or quit out and restart the game.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 27, 13:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I havent gotten an "Official error code" on the 2.2 patch, I had constant troubles saving my game. it would either hang up on the saving screen (With either save or save as)  and occassionally it would just close out to the desktop, and when this happened my entire save file would be gone

Since I had so many other bugs, I did a clean re-install of TS3 and WA, this time I left off the 2.2 patch, This solved some of the bugs, and I have no problems saving anymore.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 29, 17:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first ever Save Error last night.  Error 16.  ( I feel so spechul! )

I also have the latest patch which was created to PREVENT this! (Yeah right)

I tried to save - Error 16.  I tried to do a Save As, Error 16, I quit and relaunched game - corrupt, greyed out save files.  Quit game, deleted them, restored the .backup file, relaunched them game and the restored .backup file was corupted and greyed out as well!.  I thankfully had a save file from about 5 days ago that I could fall back on.   I'm now doing save as much more frequently so that if something does happen, I have something to fall back on. 

The only thing I could think of was that I had gone into China and did the 'testingcheatsenable true' and replaced the cashregisters in the market because I was getting the bug where the stores were "closed" and I couldn't buy anything in China.   I probably should have saved right away after that but I didn't and did a TON of stuff between then and trying to save.  I have maybe used the testing cheat only once or twice before that.  I'm wonding if that had something to do with it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: