More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:09:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cannot access official Sims 3 forum... and cloned sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot access official Sims 3 forum... and cloned sims  (Read 6447 times)
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cannot access official Sims 3 forum... and cloned sims
« on: 2009 November 18, 03:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot seem to get onto the Sims 3 official website forum. It loads and loads, then gives me a 502 proxy error. Anyone have any idea? Yes, I have an account on the site, and yes I am logged in.

As for the problem in my game. Just sent a sim on vacation to France, had a lovely three days. Then got back to find that the sim who had gone to France is now cloned. One copy is pre-vacation (without the points and ancient coins and such earned on the vacation), and the other is post-vacation, with all the vacation inventory stuff and visa points/coins... but otherwise a clean slate.  And everybody has no relationships anymore.  It's been wiped clean.

Anyone else have these issues, and is there a workaround for either?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Cannot access official Sims 3 forum... and cloned sims
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 18, 03:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help you with the second problem, but for the first, just forget it.  The BBS is stupid, as are many of the people who post there.  I'm assuming you aren't one of the sheeple since your post contains correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.  No lines of smileys FTW.  If this is true, then you'll get better help here than on the official site.
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 18, 03:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I shall remain here and hope for some answers.  I've been using JP's mods to make Sims 2 work for a long time.

Didn't put in AwesomeMod thus far for Sims 3, as it seemed to be relatively hassle-free (lucky me) until World Adventures.  Now it's blowing up.  Hardcore.

Managed to get my game back by going to an earlier save before my cloning problem, and more fun ensues.  Called a repairman to fix a broken shower, and as soon as it was fixed, every single sim that was sleeping at the time became partially visible through their bed and no longer accepted any commands at all.  Won't even queue, just auto-cancel.  Never done this before.  I blame WA.

Didn't save, just quit in disgust and came here.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 18, 06:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't put in AwesomeMod thus far for Sims 3, as it seemed to be relatively hassle-free (lucky me) until World Adventures.  Now it's blowing up.  Hardcore.

Well, if you look around, you'll see that AwesomeMod hasn't been updated for the new patch or WA, so that was bad timing on your part. I'd recommend doing some background reading before you install such a major mod.

As for the issue of the official site, Dragon Slave is right. You're better off avoiding it anyway.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, I see what you meant on my second read-through. Sorry, my stupid was showing.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 18, 07:35:56 by katana » Logged
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 18, 06:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no no no, I didn't put in AwesomeMod now.  I know it's not updated for the new Expansion.  I meant that I had not installed AwesomeMod at all, as my game had miraculously been glitch-free (aside from no music on the radio other than custom, which was very minor to me).  It is no longer glitch-free with the expansion.

An update of my situation...  Reinstalled the base game and expansion after backing up my save.  I successfully took a vacation without a clone being spawned.  I also managed to not repeat the bed non-responsiveness weirdness.  Everything seems to be working fine, with the exception of the following.

My sims no longer have free will.  Despite it being turned on in my options.  Even tried turning it off, then back on and nothing.  This is annoying to me.  I don't like my sims standing about doing nothing unless I tell them to do something.  I have seven sims in my main household.  I want them wandering about doing their own thing unless I need to nudge them a bit.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 18, 20:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think, but I am not 100percent sure that taking out awesome mod will result in sims reverting to whatever point they can. There are some bits in the awesome that can be just too awesome for the original game.

Thus when you removed it (rightly I add) to update to the new expansion you lost the awesome on your characters causing unusual things to occur. I have no ready solution except you might wish to avoid touching other sims that you care about til such time as Pescado can get Awesome working correctly.

Many long time hack users (Sims 2 time) would use a new neighborhood or new families to fiddle with the newness til such time as hacks were updated. May I gracefully suggest that to you?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 19, 02:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thus when you removed it
I meant that I had not installed AwesomeMod at all

Hey, Ryslin, lrn2read. And theladyphoenix, if I were you I wouldn't touch the game until JMP gets a WA version of awesomemod. Or take out World Adventures if you really want to play. I'm waiting to install the EP, just because of all the glitches like these I've been seeing...
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 19, 21:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, I have never had AM installed at all.  I'm very very bad. ::frown face::

As for not playing until JMP gets a new version?  I'm way too obsessed to go that route.  Especially since the game seems to be playing a game with me.  I call it "Name That Glitch".  Every time I load it up, the glitch I previously had is fixed and it has chosen a new one!  The sims have Free Will on again.  I couldn't find the glitch last time, but I know it was likely there.  Somewhere.  I am not foolish enough to think my game was glitch-free.

I'm just putting my favorite neighborhood on hold for now and playing with a new neighborhood and family, until the game gets itself sorted out.  IE, JMP fixes it. lol.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 25, 06:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a clone problem, and nothing... And I mean nothing, will fix this. I have re-installed the game, I have removed any mods, I have a save point right before the sim goes home, and ..... nothing has worked.

Is there any hope at all, or am I starting over again? This neighborhood never used awesome-mod, and this issue continues to occur.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: