More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 20:12:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  WA outside lighting issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WA outside lighting issue  (Read 15092 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
WA outside lighting issue
« on: 2009 November 21, 19:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing WA, the lights I place outside only light up the bottom floor. If the house is on a foundation only the foundation gets lit. They also seem much brighter.

Example:

Before WA

After

This happens with absolutely no CC in the game, and all graphical settings on the highest level.
I have tried uninstalling WA to make sure I hadn't changed any graphic card setting. The lights were then back to normal.
Reinstalled the whole game + WA from scratch which included deleting and letting the game create a fresh Sims 3 Folder in My Documents.
Didn't help.

My graphics card is a Radeon x1950PRO.
Anyone else have this issue?
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: WA outside lighting issue
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 21, 19:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The base game had wonky outdoor lighting too before any patches were offered, basically they did nothing at all. I wonder why something as simple as lighting is such an issue in this game?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 22, 23:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have this issue with WA. With "dD-Less_Blue_Nights DARKER" in it's particularly bad, but it's not the darker night's problem, it's WA's problem.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 23, 00:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I patched, I have noticed that anything in my game that's a lighter color, or next to a lamp 'glows' .... if I took screenshots, and this effect appeared it would look like I photoshopped it in, it's that weird. Also happens near windows.

Never happened before the patch.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 23, 01:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, for some reason EA thought that adding a bloom effect was a good thing.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 23, 07:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have this issue with WA. With "dD-Less_Blue_Nights DARKER" in it's particularly bad, but it's not the darker night's problem, it's WA's problem.

Ok, so it's not just me then. At least it's not a critical issue like the blue lots and crashing games. But really, do they have to break everything?

Since I patched, I have noticed that anything in my game that's a lighter color, or next to a lamp 'glows' .... if I took screenshots, and this effect appeared it would look like I photoshopped it in, it's that weird. Also happens near windows.

Never happened before the patch.

Yes, for some reason EA thought that adding a bloom effect was a good thing.

Blindingly bright furniture is so cool, didn't you know? Ugh.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 23, 07:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is the new custom brightness setting 0.0 to 5. 5 is like a white wash with bloom effect.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 23, 18:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get rid of it? x.x .. Besides living completely underground?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 24, 05:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hope EA or someone comes up with a fix or something  Angry

i know EA wants simmers to see outside/insides sims houses but damn  Roll Eyes

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 24, 13:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have WA, but this silly glow issue is there in the base patch too. It just looks ridiculous, especially when ceiling lights don't seem to exhibit this behaviour.

Also, going back to the OP's post, the lighting being restricted to a single floor glitch is there in the base patch too. Do EA even check these things, or do they leave it to us, the beta testers players?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 24, 15:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloom is the "next gen" fad. The solution to all graphics problems these days is MOAR BLOOM. The idea is that if you are blinded by the BLOOM, you can't complain about anything else in the graphics. They also claim it's realistic, but honestly, I've never seen the world look like that except when a flashbang goes off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 24, 17:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but can it be fixed? or will we have pray for a EA patch?  Huh

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 24, 20:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or will we have pray for a EA patch?  Huh

They will never put out a patch to fix it. It's been touted as a feature.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 24, 20:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some feature  Roll Eyes

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 24, 23:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This definitely needs to be fixed. The outsides of all my houses look like crap now. It's even worse if the house is on a foundation, it only lights the foundation and nothing else. That's not acceptable... Also the bloom is bothering me too but not as much as that is.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 25, 13:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Pescado - I call your MOAR bloom and raise you for MOAR lensflare.

Sheesh...So, it`s a feature. I just wonder if they did it b/c EAxians have vision issues (read - blind as bats)...or it`s really dark at that place!

On the bright(!) side, I finally have an excuse to put on some sunglasses on my sims. Yay...
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 25, 14:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

xD I LOLed at EA's stupidity  Cheesy

Nothing to see here.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 26, 18:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing WA, the lighting outside and inside has had issues. Outside everything seems to be glowing neon within the bloom effect. Some windows are very messed up now. Here is an example of these base game windows not allowing daylight in the room.

It's too dark along the walls, and the wall against these WA windows are placed stays very dark. Even after adding lamps.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 26, 20:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had serious  issues with lighting in this game from day one... Yay. A new feature to make me moar frustrated with the stupid lighting. I haven't built any new lots since installing WA and now I know why.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 26, 20:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The obsession with "lensflare" is a sign of the institutional obsession with blindness. Maybe if more people weren't blind, four-eyed freaks, they wouldn't keep encountering lensflare when looking at EVERYTHING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 27, 15:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The obsession with "lensflare" is a sign of the institutional obsession with blindness. Maybe if more people weren't blind, four-eyed freaks, they wouldn't keep encountering lensflare when looking at EVERYTHING.
Now, if only we could tell that to the people who made the most recent Star Trek movie...

Seriously, whoever started this obsession needs their eyes checked.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 27, 16:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen what female swimsuits look like in CAS? Bloom and shine everywhere, you can`t even see the pattern right. I don`t know about you, but something tells me wearing a shiny, latex clothing while swimming is NOT very comfortable. Or a very good idea, for that matter...Kids, DO NOT try it at home!

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 27, 20:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing WA, the lighting outside and inside has had issues. Outside everything seems to be glowing neon within the bloom effect. Some windows are very messed up now. Here is an example of these base game windows not allowing daylight in the room.
<snip>

It's too dark along the walls, and the wall against these WA windows are placed stays very dark. Even after adding lamps.
<snip>

It would seem that adding any lightsource, be it a window or a lamp sets the ambient lighting to zero. This is a lot more noticeable when trying to add lights to basements, where (on my PC at least), the room goes pitch black with a small halo around the light.

Cheers EA for continuously fucking around with the game. It's time someone at that Mickey Mouse organisation was nominated for a Darwin Award.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 28, 00:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to change those lighting effects like it was with The Sims 2? Only unpackaged files I've found where ones for sunlight for outdoors. There's one in FullBuild0 that changes ambient occlusion but that's all.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 28, 14:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed the crappy glowy effects while decorating the first house I've built since installing WA. It looks really bad when using white furniture. I was doing a white kitchen and I had to turn the textures dark grey to make them less blinding. I also noticed that windows don't seem to let in as much daylight as they used to.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: