More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:35:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I made a Supernatural, by accident.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I made a Supernatural, by accident.  (Read 12722 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
I made a Supernatural, by accident.
« on: 2009 November 20, 20:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going through my sim's inventory after a trip and was looking at the X/X fragment collectables.  In one of the categories, I had 5/5 pieces, although I can't remember which category.  I assume sarcophagus of something or other.  It had the option to reassemble which produced a large sarcophagus and then my sim had the option to summon mummy, which produced this.

I feel a bit BBSish posting this, but I hadn't seen anything about it anywhere.

Edit - It doesn't need to sleep or pee and its favourite meal is Frogs Legs.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 20:53:44 by mildlydisguised » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: I made a Supernatural, by accident.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 20, 21:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the first recent image that's made me want to play the expansion. I'm hooked on Dragon Age at the moment, so hopefully some of the TS3 issues will be sorted and the Awesomemod updated before get to I play Mummies.

How are you finding the traps etc? Is it possible to actually make a fun dungeon, or has it all been dumbed down?

ETA: Does it keep its bandages on in the shower?

ETA2: Oh and just look at that personality. I bet it's fucking irritating!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 20, 21:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! So much for "no supernaturals."

INFP or something
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 20, 21:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am assuming mummies age, they just start out as elders?

And summoning automatically adds them to the household?

Can you marry it?
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 20, 21:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have started travelling in Egypt which is the most difficult, or so I have subsequently read.  But really, the adventures are pretty tame.  There is the potential for the players to create pretty  intricate tombs, but the level of difficulty will depend on keys and other door triggers being placed really far from the traps and locked doors (not sure that will make sense to anyone that hasn't played).  Once you work out how to disarm a certain type of trap though, or work out the lay of the tomb, the adventures are just an exercise in plodding along.  It is hardly 'Last Day of the Tentacle'.  Having said that I am only at Visa level two (nearly three) of the Egypt scenarios.  I do find it quite irritating that you have to wait two days after coming back from travelling before you can go off again.  I can see myself completing it and then never going adventuring ever again, in game, unless I regularly swap my hoods for player travel hoods (if this is possible with the neighbourhood creator tool).

Bawl, it is an elder, no idea whether others are too.  It has romantic interactions so I guess you can marry it.

According to my research of preview info, if your non-Mummy sim spends a night in the sarcophagus, they will turn into one too.

Edit - Oh and man, are they slow.  Slower than TS2 zombies even.

Edit2 - Yep, showers in bandages and bizarrely it seems to spend most of its time walking round the house turning off the fires so no real personality to speak of.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 20, 22:08:20 by mildlydisguised » Logged
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 20, 23:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The personality... is not at all what I would have expected from a mummy.  That's awesome, LOL.
Angelina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 21, 00:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started on the photography skill, and my sim took a picture of a ghost and it came up that I should try taking a picture of double dead. The double dead is making a ghost mummy.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 21, 07:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the first recent image that's made me want to play the expansion. I'm hooked on Dragon Age at the moment, so hopefully some of the TS3 issues will be sorted and the Awesomemod updated before get to I play Mummies.
Copycat. Torchlight is next.

Still waiting on the 'hood editor before I touch TS3 again. The fact that there's some sort of supe gives me hope that we will eventually get aliens again. They are the only TS2 supes I use.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 21, 08:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already HAVE aliens. In TS2, aliens are nothing more than green sims, and we can make green sims out of the box.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 21, 08:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Copycat. Torchlight is next.

Damn straight.  Grin  (Torchlight demo now downloading as we speak).

Although I notice the TS3 expansion completed downloading about an hour ago, so I may have a look at it tomorrow, it being the weekend and all. Tonight I'm busy, I have to clean out the Redcliffs Castle.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 21, 08:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do find it quite irritating that you have to wait two days after coming back from travelling before you can go off again.  

Have you tried zapping yourself with the Moodlet Manager to nuke the moodlet? It allows you to perma catacomb explore, as well as perma exercise, so I suppose doing that may help.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 21, 08:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already HAVE aliens. In TS2, aliens are nothing more than green sims, and we can make green sims out of the box.
It's not the same. No beam of light. No violation of the no-no place. No getting tossed on your stomach on the cold, hard pavement afterwards. Alien overlords aren't nearly as intimidated if they were created the traditional way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 21, 09:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried zapping yourself with the Moodlet Manager to nuke the moodlet? It allows you to perma catacomb explore, as well as perma exercise, so I suppose doing that may help.

Scratch that.
Moodlet manager doesn't work as the travel moodlet is positive. T___T
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 21, 14:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scratch that.
Moodlet manager doesn't work as the travel moodlet is positive. T___T

With testingcheatsenabled true on, you can ctrl-click on any moodlet to get rid of it, this is what I have done to get rid of the 2 day travel moodlet.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 22:59:09 by mistyk » Logged

cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 21, 18:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad you weren't paying much attention when you managed to create your mummy. I've recreated all three of the sarcophagi that I've (stone box, not-so-fancy one, and then the fancy gold one) and none of them gave me an option to create a mummy, and I even had a sim sleep in the gold one every night for a week without affect. Based on what's in the debugbuy menu there's another two sarcophagi that I've not yet found, and that one in your screenshot appears to be the blessed one I've not been able to find, and then I think the only one that can turn a sim into a mummy is the cursed one which looks that same as that but black with gold trim. That's one of the things that has been bugging me the most about WA. The documentation is non-existent, and many of the quests in the vacation hoods are very unhelpful as they point you to a lot and then you spend an hour looking for a hole hidden under a bush you can inspect which lets you finally enter the tomb/dungeon. Amusingly enough entering some of the dungeons are the only mildly difficult part to them and yet the powder you can buy from the special merchant which is supposed to reveal hidden doors and things in the tombs does nothing to point you to where the trigger to get into the tomb is if you really can't find it. WA is sort of a good idea, but as usual EA botched it.

Sorry about the rant Tongue
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 21, 23:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The documentation is non-existent, and many of the quests in the vacation hoods are very unhelpful as they point you to a lot and then you spend an hour looking for a hole hidden under a bush you can inspect which lets you finally enter the tomb/dungeon.

I do not have this problem.  In fact, I have the opposite problem.  I spent about 20 rl minutes stuck at the bottom of a dungeon that I'd found under a bush, trying to find the quest item I needed, when in fact what I was supposed to do was to go down the Extremely Obvious Stairs leading into the opposite side of the hill.
I fail to see how you can possibly miss the dungeons, they stand out a lot.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 22, 06:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad you weren't paying much attention when you managed to create your mummy. I've recreated all three of the sarcophagi that I've (stone box, not-so-fancy one, and then the fancy gold one) and none of them gave me an option to create a mummy, and I even had a sim sleep in the gold one every night for a week without affect. Based on what's in the debugbuy menu there's another two sarcophagi that I've not yet found, and that one in your screenshot appears to be the blessed one I've not been able to find, and then I think the only one that can turn a sim into a mummy is the cursed one which looks that same as that but black with gold trim. That's one of the things that has been bugging me the most about WA. The documentation is non-existent, and many of the quests in the vacation hoods are very unhelpful as they point you to a lot and then you spend an hour looking for a hole hidden under a bush you can inspect which lets you finally enter the tomb/dungeon. Amusingly enough entering some of the dungeons are the only mildly difficult part to them and yet the powder you can buy from the special merchant which is supposed to reveal hidden doors and things in the tombs does nothing to point you to where the trigger to get into the tomb is if you really can't find it. WA is sort of a good idea, but as usual EA botched it.

Sorry about the rant Tongue

I don't know anything about having one appear, but your sim has to sleep in the cursed sarcophagus to change them into a mummy. No other sarcophagus will work. I used "buydebug on" to buy the cursed one, so I don't know how you'd get it otherwise.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 22, 08:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get the cursed sarcophagus you have to collect the 5 pieces to make the gold sarcophagus, its just chance if you create a cured or blessed one, I've made both.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 22, 12:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Buy mode the one that produced the Mummy is called the Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings but I'm pretty sure the fragments weren't entitled blessed.  I assume that it is based on a random chance calculated when you reconstruct the Sarcophagus.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 22, 20:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fragements are called The Sarcophagus of the Kings. When you have the 5 pieces and go to construct one, the one you get will either be the blessed or cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings, so unless you use the buydebug cheat, there is no way in knowing which one you will get.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 22, 21:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The documentation is non-existent, and many of the quests in the vacation hoods are very unhelpful as they point you to a lot and then you spend an hour looking for a hole hidden under a bush you can inspect which lets you finally enter the tomb/dungeon.

I do not have this problem.  In fact, I have the opposite problem.  I spent about 20 rl minutes stuck at the bottom of a dungeon that I'd found under a bush, trying to find the quest item I needed, when in fact what I was supposed to do was to go down the Extremely Obvious Stairs leading into the opposite side of the hill.
I fail to see how you can possibly miss the dungeons, they stand out a lot.

At least a few of the quests send you off to enter some dungeon in either China or Egypt and the entrance is hidden in someones house or something like that. Most of those are still really easy as the switch is right next to where you can tell there are stairs, but there is one in China's forbidden city where I spent at least 30 minutes looking over every inch of the place because the switch was on the opposite side of the city hidden behind a building that was only visible from just the right camera angle.

To get the cursed sarcophagus you have to collect the 5 pieces to make the gold sarcophagus, its just chance if you create a cured or blessed one, I've made both.

It must be really difficult to actually get the cursed sarcophagus, because I've had a sim complete every quest in every world and all of the dungeons, but I've only found enough pieces to make 3 Sarcophagus of the Kings and all of them were the blessed ones. I'm thinking that's unusually bad luck though because for one of the quests it actually took me 4 days just to find a common relic for a quest as everywhere I went I just found tons and tons of coins.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 22, 23:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can just buy common relics from the shop.

Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 24, 00:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  Grin Well...Lara is gone...I have to make a new sim to go to Egipt and hope the blue lots don't attack my game again...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: