More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:52:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  WA Bug?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WA Bug?  (Read 13523 times)
TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
WA Bug?
« on: 2009 November 19, 21:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently installed the patch and WA, and there seems to be a glitch with some of my items disappearing. I had AM but the items that disappeared (some gems and metals) didn't seem to be affected by the mod. Anyway, I noticed the items would move when placing walls on my lot and if I got to close to the edge of the lot, the metals would be stuck inbetween my lot and my neighbors. The gems, I believe, disappeared after I moved the table they were on.
Also, I have received two new challenges, Red Assassin Bug from the Science Career and Meloire Grapes from the Culinary Career. Are these items I would find in Riverview or traveling abroad?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
Re: WA Bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 19, 21:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I have received two new challenges, Red Assassin Bug from the Science Career and Meloire Grapes from the Culinary Career. Are these items I would find in Riverview or traveling abroad?

I don't know about the first bit, but I can tell you that you find meloire grapes in France.
Also, there seems to be a benefitial bug, at least I think it's a bug: if you buy a scooter in France and then park it on a bike rack at home, you can eyedropper it in buy mode, and it brings up about a half a dozen categories of spawners. These allow you to place things like butterflies, fish, and plants on your lot that you otherwise would have no access to. You can probably find the assassin bugs there, and I know you can find the grapes. I planted a pomegranate tree on my lot that way, as well as fish, and a spot for gems to spawn.

INTP.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 20, 14:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, there seems to be a benefitial bug, at least I think it's a bug: if you buy a scooter in France and then park it on a bike rack at home, you can eyedropper it in buy mode, and it brings up about a half a dozen categories of spawners.

It also brings up the martial arts training dummy and board-breaker.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 04:41:04 by katana » Logged
Kraken
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 20, 20:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Red Assassin bug is in China. 
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 21, 08:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Red Assassin bug is in China. 

This. It appeared outside the wall, underground, of a random shack I visited.

Also, the martial arts stuff can be bought from the shop in China.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 21, 13:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of bugs, does anyone else have Lifetime Happiness points going crazy?  Mine just keep going up by one every second and the price of the rewards have changed drastically.  Not sure if this is a glitch or a new feature.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 21, 14:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of bugs, does anyone else have Lifetime Happiness points going crazy?  Mine just keep going up by one every second and the price of the rewards have changed drastically.  Not sure if this is a glitch or a new feature.

Err, that is pre-WA behaviour, points go up depending on current happiness. And how have the prices changed drastically? All of them are exactly the same.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 21, 14:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, not in my game.  Yes, points went up as they were earned, but not 1 point per second of doing absolutely nothing in the game for fulfilling wishes (just standing idly).  And while things (like Observant) used to be 5000 points in the base game, they are now only 1 point.  This is still happening when the few mods I have (like NRaa supercomputer and nointro) are taken out.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 21, 22:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, not in my game.  Yes, points went up as they were earned, but not 1 point per second of doing absolutely nothing in the game for fulfilling wishes (just standing idly).

Do you have a mood candle lit anywhere on your lot? Points will go up as you described if there is, especially when sims are elated.

And while things (like Observant) used to be 5000 points in the base game, they are now only 1 point.  This is still happening when the few mods I have (like NRaa supercomputer and nointro) are taken out.

That definitely sounds like a bug. I do not have that in my game.

INTP.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 22, 00:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no candles lit.  Sim just married someone from China, and I noticed he's doing it, too, for whatever reason. 

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 22, 02:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 point per second of doing absolutely nothing in the game for fulfilling wishes (just standing idly).
That is pre WA behaviour, so long as the sim is in the bubble (mood is in that "bubble" part at the top of the mood meter).  No moodlite candle needed.  They just earn points because thier mood is high.  It's been that way forever.  Now, if your sim is ganing points when their mood is low, that is new and I have no idea.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 22, 02:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just it -- they ARE still gaining even when their moods are low.  This is definitely different than what I've experienced with the base game.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 22, 02:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no, not in my game.  Yes, points went up as they were earned, but not 1 point per second of doing absolutely nothing in the game for fulfilling wishes (just standing idly).
That is normal. You will gain a slow ASP stream for keeping mood in the upper bubble. But, as you mentioned, it's about 1 a second. That's like 5000 seconds of waiting to afford even the cheapest reward. Hardly game-breaking, given that this is how you're SUPPOSED to gain them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 22, 03:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mistake on that part.  However, are they still supposed to gain even whilst in a bad/dropping mood?  I thought it stopped then?

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 22, 19:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to post this here, since others are having bugs with WA as well.
ALL skills on every Sim are gone, apart from cooking skill. Kids have no skills whatsoever. My Sims have their high rank jobs and stuff, but no skills to go with them. Dunno if this is caused by the removal of AM or the game itself, but I have a feeling it's AM. They can learn the skills again normally, some can take classes too. This seems random, maybe those who previously had a maxed out skill cannot take classes? It's a real pain in the ass to learn them all again. Tried googling this, someone had reported similar problems at MTS.

If anyone knows a quick fix for this, do tell. Otherwise I'll just have to survive until AM gets updated.
 Angry

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 22, 23:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quick fix?  Yeah; don't try to play your old savegames until AM is updated.  Seriously.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Firestarter
Asinine Airhead

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 23, 00:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to post this here, since others are having bugs with WA as well.
ALL skills on every Sim are gone, apart from cooking skill. Kids have no skills whatsoever. My Sims have their high rank jobs and stuff, but no skills to go with them. Dunno if this is caused by the removal of AM or the game itself, but I have a feeling it's AM. They can learn the skills again normally, some can take classes too. This seems random, maybe those who previously had a maxed out skill cannot take classes? It's a real pain in the ass to learn them all again. Tried googling this, someone had reported similar problems at MTS.

If anyone knows a quick fix for this, do tell. Otherwise I'll just have to survive until AM gets updated.
 Angry

This exact same thing happened to me.  Then I found this nifty little mod over at Crazy Town: http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3569  You'll get your skills just about instantly.

Handle every situation like a dog - if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.
ameekabramble
Asinine Airhead

Doing a REAL favor for Mankind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 24, 07:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having this kind of sound issue?
I had played WA for several hours, traveling back and forth to the other countries, and all the sounds were working fine, including the radio for a change....
But after my sim married an egyptian woman and brought her home to sunset valley, all sounds (except for background car driveby noise) keep cutting out.
All the actions the sims are doing are happening without lag, but it's as if the sound is lagging and then catching up in one huge jumble of noise, then things work normally for another 5 minutes or so, and it cuts out again...

I can't seem to find anything else posted about this type of problem, so I am also now wondering if it's a driver issue.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 25, 01:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had played WA for several hours, traveling back and forth to the other countries, and all the sounds were working fine, including the radio for a change....
But after my sim married an egyptian woman and brought her home to sunset valley, all sounds (except for background car driveby noise) keep cutting out.
All the actions the sims are doing are happening without lag, but it's as if the sound is lagging and then catching up in one huge jumble of noise, then things work normally for another 5 minutes or so, and it cuts out again...

I can't seem to find anything else posted about this type of problem, so I am also now wondering if it's a driver issue.

I recently had some sound issues with my game and made the MISTAKE of updating my sound card drivers. All I can say is, be careful! My sound is all screwed up now. If you'd like to read all about my particular probelm (and see if it sounds anything like yours), go here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17302.0.html

INTP.
ameekabramble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 25, 03:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link phnxflyng.  I read over your problem and what you're describing sounds very much like what I am experiencing sound-wise in my game. I did check my sound card drivers and they are the most current ones available, so I haven't changed anything. Also, this is only happening when I play sims 3, and sound works fine on my computer on other games and itunes as well. Plus, there wasn't a sound problem previously. When I played for several hours over the last few days, it worked fine. It just seemed to change after my sim returned to SV with his new foreign wife. It just strikes me as odd, the timing of it. And we know how well EA playtested things... they didn't even know the save game wasn't working right on an established town when it converted over. *sigh*  So I'm really convinced there is something wrong in the game making this sound problem.

phnxflyng, have you been able to get that sound pod thing yet? And if so, did it help?
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 25, 06:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same bug too, so it's not just you. It's definitely something added with either the new patch or WA. It was doing this with or without any mods. It doesn't happen that often for me, though.
ameekabramble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 25, 18:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same bug too, so it's not just you. It's definitely something added with either the new patch or WA. It was doing this with or without any mods. It doesn't happen that often for me, though.

Sorry to hear you have that bug too, but I do feel less alone.

On a good note perhaps... I tried moving my family to see if that helped, but it didn't. Then I sent my original sim back to Egypt to hunt up some treasure and money, he left his new wife and baby home since babies can't travel. The sound was totally fine in Egypt. And then when I had him come home, it's been fine there now as well, so far....  I am hoping it's not just wishful thinking on my part.
malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: WA Swimming pool Bug?
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 29, 11:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>:(Is anyone having problems with the swimming pools? The problem I'm having is the water color is black and you can't see the sims in the water unless you go to the lowest level of the house then you see them swimming. This wasn't a problem until I installed the sims3 WA. Anyone else having this issue besides me.

I'm a special type of breed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: