More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:23:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Lost my entire town, game is irreparably corrupted after E12! Any hope?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost my entire town, game is irreparably corrupted after E12! Any hope?  (Read 2482 times)
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Lost my entire town, game is irreparably corrupted after E12! Any hope?
« on: 2009 November 29, 06:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entire town (Riverview) seems to be irreparably corrupted.  I'll admit it's my fault, but now that I think about it, it makes sense...
I had an Error 12.  Going back to edit town, switching households, going into and out of CAS, editing a lot, etc. didn't fix it, so I thought I'd send a sim on a trip to Egypt.  All seemed well, it saved in Egypt!  Turns out, sending a sim on a trip is NOT an appropriate solution to get around Error 12.  Apparently, it only managed to save a corrupted version of my town so that when my sim tried to return home, it would crash to desktop.  Of course, it completely replaced the .backup folder with the corrupted Riverview as well, so using that backup is out of the question.  Fortunately, I'm using Windows 7 and Restore Previous Versions can take me back to 3 days ago which is better than nothing.  What I'm most upset about is I spent all last night creating a new house and it's all gone now.  Of course, I didn't have the foresight to save a copy to my library either, so I have no other backup of the house I made.

The corrupted Riverview.nhd file can still be opened with s3pe.  Is there any way I can hunt for, and rescue my lot out of it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lost my entire town, game is irreparably corrupted after E12! Any hope?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 29, 07:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of. Sucks to be you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: