More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:35:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  So you married a famous sim...why can't you stay in bed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So you married a famous sim...why can't you stay in bed?  (Read 6271 times)
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
So you married a famous sim...why can't you stay in bed?
« on: 2009 December 04, 17:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who has completed lifetime want of becoming movie soundtrack composer (music: symphonic branch).  He has a wife, adult child with husband and child and his in-laws all living under same roof with him. They are all in awe of him.

I can give them actions in their queues and while they don't drop the actions, between each one they run to whatever room of the house HE is in - apparently in awe of his mere presence and then they run back to do whatever action I had queued for them.

And the wife?  If she goes to bed before he does, then he gets in bed, she has to get up, make the bed, stand there in awe of HIM and then go back to bed. Doesn't matter how tired she is. So I have to make sure he gets in bed before she does, or she doesn't get a decent night's sleep.

I am sure he is going to have to die... unless, does this go away when he retires as an elder? I might could live another couple sim weeks with it if I knew he'd return to normal upon retiring...

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Re: So you married a famous sim...why can't you stay in bed?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 04, 20:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the other sims actually going and looking at your awe-striking composer? Or do they just enter the room, stand there, then return to their assigned actions?
It sounds like how when you have a sim perform say in the park on their guitar, all other sims flock over and give a tip or just stand by them. Maybe he has some kind of sim-attracting action stuck onto him, like if a rockstar did an autograph signing and when it ended people still flocked to him before their little sim brains realized the signing was over and then left.
Maybe you could try reset-sim...
Kebe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 04, 20:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen to one of my households as well. The sim in question completed his LTW in the rock star branch. His wife, brother and sister in-law and best friend were residing in the house at the time and they too would run to look at him first before performing any action I had queued for them.

Even if he was swimming in the pool, they would run to the edge, change into swimwear and dive into the pool, treading water and looking at him for a moment, and then get out and go off and peform whatever I had instructed them to do.

I found it all rather strange, so I reset the lot, and haven't noticed it happening again. Also, when he achieved his LTW, it did not plate over like it usually does. The Rock Star icon disappeared and he is left with a blank square where his LTW should be, like a child has, before they're assigned  one as a teen.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 05, 00:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I reset him and everyone still flocks to him like he's Elvis Presley returned from the dead. I think he may die a premature death...just because I'm tired of this

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 05, 00:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elvis has left the building?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ruffinshot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 07, 15:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting the same behavior with a level 10 cop. If he's a secret agent, they shouldn't know he's a secret agent.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 07, 15:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're going more for the glamourous Super-Spy ala Bond, James Bond, than anything real-world secret-agenty. In the real world, secret agents are very boring people who don't look anything like secret agents, which is the entire point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 07, 22:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much all of my musical Sims, since day 1, have had the uncanny ability to hear and groove to mystical tunes at all times, day/night/in the bathroom/death vault/whatever. They can sleep through this psychic barrage themselves, but no one else can ever stand to share a bed with them as they ooze noise through their very pores. Hence, musical careers have been blitzed since the advent of Sims 3, at least for me anyhow...
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 08, 17:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much all of my musical Sims, since day 1, have had the uncanny ability to hear and groove to mystical tunes at all times, day/night/in the bathroom/death vault/whatever. They can sleep through this psychic barrage themselves, but no one else can ever stand to share a bed with them as they ooze noise through their very pores. Hence, musical careers have been blitzed since the advent of Sims 3, at least for me anyhow...

AH! So, that's what that was. I had a sim marry Jon Lessen in Riverview. She could never sleep with him. I thought he snored or something, but I couldn't hear anything. I finally had to give them separate bedrooms.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 08, 17:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the separate bedroom route is the way I went with my particular sim. Actually, I drowned him. And I didn't check his inventory first and he had a stupid DEATH FLOWER in his possession, so Grimmy spared him. That's when I went to separte bedrooms.  And now he's the 'breadwinner' for the household since the elder male passed on from old age (this is actually the very first time I've ever played self-sims and dummy me made hubby and myself and now he's gone and I'm going shortly from old age myself - hubby had a good laugh when he watched over my shoulder as he haunted the house and scared our 'great-grandson').

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: