More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:17:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.7/2.2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.7/2.2  (Read 39122 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.7/2.2
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 19, 18:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many patches were released since WA came out? I haven't touched any of the patches yet since I'm not playing without AM, but earlier, I saw the update was available in the launcher, I just didn't install it. The weird thing is, last night when I looked on the launcher again, it said I was up to date, even though I'm still at 1.4.
Bluemcgee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 19, 18:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have a simple question but I'm not sure of the answer. If I update, will my crack not work anymore? I downloaded reloaded's version of WA.

I updated with the latest patch via the Launcher and my game still works (Reloaded WA Crack, etc...). I didn't even replace the crack after.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 19, 18:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EA Download Manager is a very unnecessary piece of garbage that has issues.  You do not need it, it causes wonkiness, throw it out with the rest of the trash.

Fair enough.  How should I go about downloading the updates when the direct links to the patches I need are unknown?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 19, 18:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I update, will my crack not work anymore? I downloaded reloaded's version of WA.
Even if it still works, running hybrids consisting of a patched game and an unpatched executable is generally a very bad idea. You don't need a crack anyway. Simply use twallan's NoCD-Mod. Judging by how easy the disc check can be bypassed, the devs weren't serious about it anyway.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 19, 19:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had those error 16 crashes, just the blue lots, game instability and horribly long load times - all without mods or CC. It runs a hair faster since I installed this patch, but it still drops from 70 fps in Sunset Valley to 10 in China, France or Egypt. I played WA on my lower end laptop as well and the only change they made that I can see to make it "run better" is that they added map fog so it doesn't have as much to render. But they only added this it seems in the base neighborhood. Almost willing to bet they put another patch out within a week or so. Kind of disheartening that I have already had to install several patches 2 days after launch.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 19, 20:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the blue lot issue too and just decided what the hell and installed 1.7/2.2.     To those who have WA installed- Did the game go through 2 seperate downloads and installs?

I launched the launcher, and it asked if I wanted to update. I  said yes, it downloaded, I went through the install wizard and it said World Adventures is now updated to 2.2.....
Then I launched the launcher again, and it asked if I wanted to update AGAIN.  I said sure why the hell not and this time at the end it said The Sims 3 is now updated to 1.7......

Is this the way it's supposed to be for those who have WA installed?  We have to patch both WA and the base game?  Or did I just screw myself?
Shivvy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 19, 22:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game just updated twice as well, which leads me to believe that this is normal (or just EA-normal).  If I am incorrect, we have both screwed our games, forcing yet another few hours of reinstallation and determination of errors. 
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 19, 22:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone have a link to the 2.0.8 to 2.2 patch? I keep getting an error using the EADM.

I found the links for 1.6 to 1.7 here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-game-patch-1-72-2/ but apparently my base game is already version 1.7 and since people are saying it downloads and installs 2 patches i guess i need the 2.0-2.2 patch for WA
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 19, 23:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game made me patch before I could install WA, it updated, and then I installed WA, two more updates, now this patch is also two more. If we have the expansion, we are moved up to 2.2, but it's patching as though we have the expansion and also just the base game. Its confusing. Also I have the patches saved on my backup computer and they show two separate patches for each of these updates.
TGallo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 19, 23:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I updated and just recopied the crack. thanks for the info on the no-cd thing. I've never seen that before.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 20, 00:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I played for about 2 hours and forgot to save. It just crashed to my desktop - no error message, nothing. It just returned me to my desktop. So add that to the pile. Save often.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 20, 00:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EA Download Manager is a very unnecessary piece of garbage that has issues.  You do not need it, it causes wonkiness, throw it out with the rest of the trash.
[/quote]

Well the EADM and BitLord download over speeds of 100kbs unlike direct links online which average at 40Kbs. It's been like that for months now...
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 20, 14:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does anyone have a link to the 2.0.8 to 2.2 patch? I keep getting an error using the EADM.

I found the links for 1.6 to 1.7 here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-game-patch-1-72-2/ but apparently my base game is already version 1.7 and since people are saying it downloads and installs 2 patches i guess i need the 2.0-2.2 patch for WA
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.2.8.002002_from_2.0.86.002002.exe
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 20, 18:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly suspect EA of releasing patches just to screw it up for people who have or use NOCDs.

Well I played for about 2 hours and forgot to save. It just crashed to my desktop - no error message, nothing. It just returned me to my desktop. So add that to the pile. Save often.

This is happening to me quite often. Roughly every hour on average. Ususally while in transit.
theladyphoenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 20, 23:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly suspect EA of releasing patches just to screw it up for people who have or use NOCDs.

This is happening to me quite often. Roughly every hour on average. Ususally while in transit.

This is generally expected from EA products.  At least in my experience.  Save often is simply a way of life.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 21, 00:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By gods, EA has given a whole new meaning to the term "complicated as hell". Wah!

I`m having the same problem updating my base game from 1.5.82 to 1.7 (although updating WA to 2.2 went w/o any problems). I d/l the Sims3_1.7.9.002002_from_1.6.6.002002 patch (which, when you start it, displays update from 1.5.82 to 1.7, so who is %&#?@ whom here?), and I don`t want to d/l the EADM as it is a tool of utter terror and apocalypse. Also, while I`m at it - if my WA is "fully patched" (for now  Roll Eyes ), do I need to update my base game?
angayle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 21, 01:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to run the update (going from 1.4.600107 to 1.7.9.002017) and I'm having problems.  I keep receiving the error "Invalid File Found."  After searching the forum at EA - I don't think I want to have the update.  It looks to be creating even more problems!  Crashing, freezing, game not loading...  I think I'll wait a bit longer.

Angie
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 21, 01:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

f my WA is "fully patched" (for now  Roll Eyes ), do I need to update my base game?

Ah crap, I didn't even consider this... in The Sims 2 you had to patch each pack individually... ugh. I have no clue if it's the same with Sims 3 but it would make sense. To my knowledge EA hasn't said anything about it.

EDIT: Running the world adventures launcher it wants you to update to 1.7/2.2, which contains the same code 16 patch. So *shrug* I'm not sure, but the launcher seems to take care of it regardless.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 01:34:25 by guardianpegasus » Logged
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 21, 17:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher updated my game and no I can't play...I thought of having a No cd/dvd, but the one I have is not updated for the latest patch... if you know where I can find one, please, do let me know. Thanks...I HATE patches....
« Last Edit: 2009 November 21, 17:23:41 by Cathy » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 21, 17:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's ridiculous. Making a noCD executable is literally a trivial 1 byte edit. Even this is unnecessary, Twallan has a mod that does the same thing, so it can be wiped out by standalone scripting. There's basically NO protection on it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 November 21, 21:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they're basically incompetent and have to have their 10 person programming team patch the game every couple of weeks? I'd rather if he above were true :\
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 November 21, 21:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even this is unnecessary, Twallan has a mod that does the same thing, so it can be wiped out by standalone scripting. There's basically NO protection on it.

Thank you for reminding me of it, Pescado  Grin

Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 05, 02:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've been reading the board for over two hours and can't figure out what to do.  My 1.4.6.00002 refuses to patch to 1.7.9.  Ran Delphy's tool and found out my code_version.txt file is invalid.  I copied the original from my iso, and still nothing.  Uninstalled and Reinstalled, patched again, and same thing happens.  Mods are all out (have been the whole time) and I did nothing but patch the second time I installed.  EADM is not an option as it just gives me that inadequate space message, which is bunk as I have plenty of space.  So what are my options now?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 05, 03:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot think of anything you can do that would possibly invalidate code_version.txt. Try making ABSOLUTELY SURE you are using the CORRECT 1.7.9 patch for your regional version, and that you have not performed any "unorthodox" patching procedures.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 06, 02:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well good to know I'm a speshul snowflake to mess up the file lol.  Reinstalling again and trying once more.  I have not done anything odd to patch the second time, straight install and patch after patch.  I know I have the right version and even tried two different patches (first the straight 1.4.6 to 1.7.9 then the one to the 1.6.6)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: