More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:56:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  'Update error: Invalid File Found' When updating from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 'Update error: Invalid File Found' When updating from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6.  (Read 8849 times)
tomclinton
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
'Update error: Invalid File Found' When updating from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6.
« on: 2009 December 04, 23:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need Sims3Launcher.Resources.dll according to Delphys Patch Log Viewer. Can Somebody upload this file?

This has only happened as I have attempted to update from 1.3.24.00002 to 1.4.6.00002.

I know I am using the correct regional files.

It's Game\BIN\bin\CS-cz\Sims3Launcher.Resources.dll
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: 'Update error: Invalid File Found' When updating from 1.3.24 to 1.4.6.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 04, 23:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bin.rar 36MB

Basegame, different language. No idea if this is useful or not.

Jul 11, 2009

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
tomclinton
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 05, 00:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right....that didn't fix it Sad
any other?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 05, 00:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Invalid file found" generally means that I did not have the original .exe installed, but had a cracked version in place.  Reinstall the original .exe file and things should work.

Tribulatio proxima est
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 05, 04:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And make sure you change the .dll file back to the original too.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 05, 04:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And make sure you change the .dll file back to the original too.

See, I'm not sure about that one.  I suppose it doesn't hurt, but I certainly didn't remove/replace the .dll file from the "framework" when I patched, and had no problem at all.

I had to replace the original .exe and any library files I had removed, and then all patches installed beautifully.

Tribulatio proxima est
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 05, 06:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant the .dll that came with the razor crack, not the framework one. I only mention it because I kept getting the same error until I changed it back to the original - it drove me nuts until I figured out that was the problem.
tomclinton
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 05, 13:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what am I to do? It's only really happened to the sims3launcher.resources.dll file.
After examining further I realised and looking into my cs-CZ folder the number following that file is something like 0.0.0.11195
While I looked into my WA iso and the number following the exact same file is 0.2.0.56...

Do I need new version of these bin folder files?
I've already replaced them with the WA editions but still it error reports on the exact same file
Sad!

I've also removed my .exe file and replaced it with the original, removed all mods and even replaced the shader32 file thing with the original...still nothing...
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 14:55:39 by tomclinton » Logged
tomclinton
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 05, 15:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I've given up. I'm reinstalling the game from scratch and install each update from scratch How fun!
Harumph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 05, 21:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is friggin' ridiculous. I cannot get my game to update from 2.0.86. I have just completely, and I mean completely, uninstalled both TS3 and TS3 WA, including every scrap of registry information related to those two games, using Revo Uninstaller to make sure. I then reinstalled TS3 (arred) and patched progressively up to 1.7.9. Then I installed WA (arred), which took the game to 2.0.86. WA is for region 2 and I can't install it for any other region. I had to change the SKU for the base game to region 2 to install WA. Then I tried once again to install the 2.2.8 patch, and I get the damned "Invalid File Found" error message again. When I try to install an update via the Launcher, it says the game is already up to date. I have changed the SKUs for both TS3 and TS3 WA back to region 1 and tried again, with identical results. I have also changed the game version number to 2.0.86.002001 in the WA skuversion.txt. The game remains at version 2.0.86.002002 and throws the Invalid File Found error every single time I try to update.

This is with NO custom content, NO hacks, NO custom files of any kind. What's more, I used Delphy's Patch Log Viewer and it shows a clean bill of health, no invalid files anywhere.

I can't use AM with this game as is since I'm unable to patch it to 2.2.8. I am desperate for any help, PLEASE!

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 05, 21:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run up against the same issue, and I'm still figuring out what the exact problem is. Does anyone know what you need to change besides the registry code to get both the base and the EP to play happily together?

Edit: Ok, I fixed the issue. I must have changed too many things in my registry last time. This is what I did to get the update to work. Firstly I did a full uninstall of the game and cleaned out my registry with CCleaner. Then I reinstalled the base game and I patched. I changed the number in my registry to the number needed for the EP, installed the EP, changed the number for the base game back to it's original number in the registry, installed the EP patch and it installed without any issues. I hope this helps someone else. Undecided
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 22:43:19 by saraswati » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: