More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:49:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  White background after booting Sims 3 with WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: White background after booting Sims 3 with WA  (Read 3157 times)
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
White background after booting Sims 3 with WA
« on: 2009 November 18, 23:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely removed Sims 3 from my computer a while back because I decided I wouldn't bother with it anymore. I bought the EP yesterday because I actually felt like trying it before totally dropping Sims 3. Well, I got home and installed it all only to find "wait it didn't remove the folders totally because mods are still here". So I got rid of those, reinstalled to make sure the slate was clean. So I go about finally when I have time to try to play the game, I've tried with and without launcher but both times it goes black like it's going to boot up, then it decides "no, you can't play this" and shoots me back into desktop except it made my background white until I restart. I searched the forum but nothing came up with my keywords. If anyone has a cure to this besides me destroying my copies in anger, please enlighten me.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: White background after booting Sims 3 with WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 19, 16:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't help you, but I'll chip in to say the same thing's happening to me, but with new patch. In trying to get the game to work again I've tried normal uninstall, manual uninstall , devil-may-care registry cleansing, and physical violence - all to no avail. Damned be the day I decided to buy the game rather than just arr it like a sane person would. Two seconds of black screen isn't something I would usually pay for...
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
Re: White background after booting Sims 3 with WA
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 19, 16:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this marks the day that I will never ever touch a Sims game again. EA has screwed it up too much to even play, I wouldn't even arr it.

ETA: It's the latest nvidia driver update that borked it.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 19:43:37 by Larku » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: