More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:25:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!  (Read 30336 times)
DMR
Asinine Airhead

I'm a middle-aged man who still enjoys games

View Profile
Re: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
« Reply #50 on: 2009 November 18, 17:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may give a little advice to those who are struggling with the new patch and is the following:
Why do you want to install the new patch?
If you're capable to answer this question other than saying: "Because it came out", then you're fine. If you don't know why, do not worry most people who install a patch don't know either. In fact, there's a false belief that every patch is good to install. That would be true if the update was aimed to fix some glitches in the game, added new features (One can always dream), assure a compatibility with a hardware component, etc. I tried in vain to find a report with the list of changes included in patch 1.6. I looked everywhere in SIMS 3 site... nada. I said to myself that I was certainly not going to update my game without knowing why.
So I didn't.
All I know is that the new patch won't change anything (useful) to the game unless I install the new EP.
Now, I do find insulting is the idea to release of a patch without the usual technical information that should come with it. Why not a simple warning message saying that the new patch will not change anything to your game unless you have the new expansion pack? Does anyone care at EA about us having fun playing our favorite game instead of troubleshooting?
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 November 18, 17:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously haven't seen the list of changes made by this patch - it is huge. It claims to fix a multitude of glitches plus adds many new features, including the ability to build basements. That's why people are installing it.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 November 18, 17:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously haven't seen the list of changes made by this patch - it is huge. It claims to fix a multitude of glitches plus adds many new features, including the ability to build basements. That's why people are installing it.

Exactly, I want this patch because of all the things it promises.

The mistake is utilizing it before first observing and monitoring the guinea pigs who've ingested it whole.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 November 18, 17:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any files that have been modified (by installing mods) in the game need to be restored to their original states before the patch will take.  Video camera.ini can be found on your original game disc under GameData>Shared>Non-Packaged.  There may also be a file called d3dx9_31.dll in the Game>Bin folder.  If so, you should delete it.

Also, you need to remove all your custom content and hacks by removing your Mods>Packages folder (put it on your desktop or somewhere else safe as a back-up).  I would do the same with your saved games, saved sims (if you have any you want to salvage), back up your downloads and DCCache folder (from C:/Documents).  Read some of the other threads regarding this issue to make sure you don't miss anything.

Others have also reported a problem if they have deleted the original families from the Library.  Still others are saying that some mods have replaced the gameplay package.  I have never experienced this, but since others have, thought I would mention it.

I, myself, am waiting for AwesomeMod to be compatible, and for the patch itself and the list of fixes to be replaced on The Sims 3 site.  As of yesterday, it seems they removed the patch and the long list of things it supposedly fixed/added.  There is some talk of them "patching the patch".  I'll wait.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 November 18, 17:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They haven't removed the patch. I reinstalled my game and it updated with this latest patch just a few hours ago. Everything works well now except for the minor annoyances I mentioned earlier and the more significant annoyance of not having awesomemod for a while.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 November 18, 20:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even install the patch.I tried with both regional codes [1 and 7],and it still says 'invalid file found'.I took out all my mods and custom content,but it still won't work.I heard that I have to edit .ini files,but which ones I have to change?And how?
I would really appreciate your help  Roll Eyes
Search for a file on your hard drive called rtpatch.log. It will be somewhere in your user profile in a (possibly hidden) temp folder, sepending on your OS, so you may have to adjust your search options for that. It should tell you exactly which files are invalid, and then you can replace them from your install disc.
smashthecat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 November 18, 22:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After patching,if you have bad stuffs in the fridge,delete the fridge and put a new one in your Sims homes.
violetlass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 November 18, 23:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazy Town now has a post to help those having problems of where to put their mods

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567&st=0

Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 November 19, 01:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even install the patch.I tried with both regional codes [1 and 7],and it still says 'invalid file found'.I took out all my mods and custom content,but it still won't work.I heard that I have to edit .ini files,but which ones I have to change?And how?
I would really appreciate your help  Roll Eyes

Have you installed a mod where you needed to replace the file The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay.package? You need to replace it to the orginal file that you can find on the DVD if you didn't follow the instruction to make a backupp. The following mods use that method:
The first nude hack.
The Inteen 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: