More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:47:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  World Adventures Goodies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: World Adventures Goodies  (Read 9891 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
World Adventures Goodies
« on: 2009 November 18, 17:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put those shop registers in a community lot in my base hood, and local residents came to the lot to be the merchants. My active sim can buy books, food, nectar products, metals (from relics register), but sadly not adventure supplies at the general store register. I was hoping they can get tents without traveling abroad. But they can use the tent they bought from China at home or a community lot in the base hood.

Now my merchant class (RKC) can be easily identified.

[Edit] My active sims buy food autonomously at the register, with full stomach. I can see the problem of "Super Size Me" in the near future.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 18, 17:20:08 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: World Adventures Goodies
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 18, 20:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the local residents in your hood came to the community lot and stood behind the cash register? I haven't installed WA (it arrived while I was away and haven't had a chance yet) so I am curious about how that works. Will the same Sim come to the same cash register or does it vary?  I am curious about using this for RKC too.
violetlass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 18, 20:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats cool, kinda an OFB...lol..thats as close as we are goinf to get, it better then a rabbit hole..lol.. I like it  Grin

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 18, 22:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the local residents in your hood came to the community lot and stood behind the cash register?

Yes.

So far I found out:

-When one "merchant" finally goes home, another resident (I would guess randomly) will come to man the register. Without AM anymore, I couldn't quickly switch to see if her needs being low was the reason that she went home. The one that went home took another random job when I switched to her family.
-When you select one of the merchants as active household, they do not man the register anymore. They would wander off, in fact immediately to buy a food at the food register. Another resident will come to take the place.
-Sims (from active household anyway) pile up in front of the food register and eat one plate after another, becoming fat in no time.

Without any control (i.e., some of AM and/or super computer's functions), I imagine putting these registers in your base hood will disrupt your sims' careers.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 18, 22:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the eating of food is borked somewhere because my sim had a birthday and proceeded to eat the entire cake!  She started at 120 lbs and ended up 250.  Shocked

I don't have any mods/hacks in my game atm either.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 19, 01:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, eating is problematic, even in base game with Awesomemod, especially with them going to restaurant/diner autonomously and getting fat. Now I'm running the game 'naked', they just flock to the food register non-stop.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 01:35:10 by Lion » Logged

LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 19, 01:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if its possible to put a register on a home lot?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 19, 15:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if its possible to put a register on a home lot?

No, unless somebody comes up with a residential registers mod. They are only available under the community objects, you know where the rabbit holes used to be.

Ok, with "buydebug" cheat entered in buy mode (after "testingcheatsenabled true" is activated), you can get all the goodies: the training dummy, board breaker, tents, cameras, snake basket, scooter, giant decos, you name it. Everything you can buy, and can't buy, in the three locations. That means my homeless sims can have a place to sleep in the wildness, and I can have snake handlers on the town market.  Grin

I hope somebody will soon make ridable horses.

DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 19, 20:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put those shop registers in a community lot in my base hood, and local residents came to the lot to be the merchants. My active sim can buy books, food, nectar products, metals (from relics register), but sadly not adventure supplies at the general store register.

Assuming that only the bookstore and market are affected, I have two clarification questions:  The rabbit hole stores are now actual open shops (once register is added)? Or are you saying you have to build a shop then add the new registers?

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
violetlass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 19, 20:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty sure we are going to have to build a shop to put them in, I went to the store in town after coming home from an adventure and she still went into the buildings just like before.

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 19, 21:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone managed to make an actual general store shop? I haven't tried everything yet, but it seems like when I go to my built registers, after waiting for a merchant to man it, the sell list is completely empty. I tried putting some cameras near the register to see if that would do anything, but it didn't. Haven't tried any of the other registers yet, but I want to make a camera store.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 19, 21:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming that only the bookstore and market are affected, I have two clarification questions:  The rabbit hole stores are now actual open shops (once register is added)? Or are you saying you have to build a shop then add the new registers?
These do not open rabbit holes. They are separate and independent from rabbit holes. You have a counter and put one of these registers on it in a community lot, and someone will come to man it.

So far, I haven't seen sims autonomously purchase things at the registers other than the food register. The general store register opens up an empty shopping list. Nothing is in it. But, if you use "buydebug" cheat in buy mode at home, you CAN buy tents, scooters, shower in a can, and many many more.

[Edited to add] You can also put the tent in your inventory and go sleep in a community lot, but not on any empty ground in the neighborhood. You can set scooter as your preferred vehicle, and ride it around town.  You can buy snake basket, and charm for tips.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 21:22:55 by Lion » Logged

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 22, 01:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are only available under the community objects, you know where the rabbit holes used to be.
What?  Are the rabbit holes gone now??

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
seanzol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 22, 04:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are only available under the community objects, you know where the rabbit holes used to be.
What?  Are the rabbit holes gone now??

Nope, they're still there, I think she meant it as in where they used to be by themselves.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 22, 05:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it looks like we can't actually use the registers in the main hood because the menu is just blank. That is too bad.
VegaBlack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 22, 05:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I haven't seen sims autonomously purchase things at the registers other than the food register. The general store register opens up an empty shopping list. Nothing is in it. But, if you use "buydebug" cheat in buy mode at home, you CAN buy tents, scooters, shower in a can, and many many more.

I placed a regular bookshop in my France neighborhood and the only books I could buy from it were from France (wine making, frog fishing scrolls, etc.) Maybe the shopping lists are specific to whatever region you're in? So, the list doesn't come up because there's no general store associated with the main hood? Of course, as you mentioned, you can always use buyDebug to get what you need. It's definitely not the same as your sim purchasing it for themselves, but it's all we got until (or unless) they make an OFB-type EP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 22, 05:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stores are indeed world-segregated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: