More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:23:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Partial time-warp? How'd I bork this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Partial time-warp? How'd I bork this?  (Read 3187 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Partial time-warp? How'd I bork this?
« on: 2009 November 18, 14:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing a family that had recently had its' third and fourth child, and extended the house a bit. Once the eldest had aged to teenager, I sent her to the shopping district to buy some new clothes.

However-
Once the lot loaded up, the one who'd gone to the store seemed to have been the father. No problem, I thought, I must have just clicked the wrong one, and I bought the clothing I wanted her to have anyway. Took the father home, and that was where upfuckery made itself apparent.

The third and fourth children were gone, and the formerly teenage daughter was now walking around bow-legged, apparently being registered as a child. Her little brother was crawling around creepily as a toddler does, despite being a child. The game seems to consider them to be the age stages they are behaving as. Everything seems to be time-reset to my last save in the family's memories. It's like the father while the father was at the store, time went in reverse or some shit.

It wasn't a full time-warp, either, despite the memories of everyone concerned- the house was still extended, and the cribs the poor doomed babies had been in before leaving were still sitting there, only empty. I checked with SimPE, and there doesn't appear to be any data on the two youngest little boys whatsoever.

My questions are thus: WTF? Also, BFBVFS?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Partial time-warp? How'd I bork this?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 18, 15:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a side effect of partial file locking, often caused by SimPE being open or other such problems. Unfortunately, if this is happening, it also means...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 18, 15:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have anything open at the time, just the program itself... any idea what might have caused it to do that?

... Guess I'm making yet another new neighbourhood. Hooray.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 18, 15:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your anti-virus/spyware programs.  If they're running actively in the background, they may be interfering by corrupting character data.

In my case, SpywareDoctor was causing corruption of character data, which was the cause of my disappearing infants during Save (your game automatically saves the home lot when you go to a community lot) and borked age transitions.

And Pescado is correct in that the spyware/anti-virus is causing a partial file-locking.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 18, 15:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed a new version of antivirus yesterday, now that you mention it. That makes a lot of sense.

Thankyou! I wish I'd known that would happen before.  Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: