More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 18:35:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 was to include weather.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 was to include weather.  (Read 62677 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TS3 was to include weather.
« Reply #100 on: 2009 November 16, 00:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone is posting about how EA treats it's customers. I totally agree. But what about the employees? My father worked on Fight Night Round 2 & 3. Back then, around christmas i NEVER saw him, except for two days: Christmas and New Years Eve/Day. It sucked balls for them.
How's that BAD thing? They give you a perfectly good excuse never to have to see people!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 November 16, 01:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the contrary, you still have to see people, like your boss, all the QA people etc. Also sucks if you have kids. My father stayed in the gaming industry longer than most of the people out there.
Just another reason for people not to pay EAxis, the average workers usually don't get royalties.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 November 16, 22:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another reason for people not to pay EAxis, the average workers usually don't get royalties.

You think that it's better if these people are unemployed because EA can't pay them?  Or perhaps it's better if they aren't able to write games (fun), but instead have to write programs for life insurance (dull)?  That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 November 17, 12:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the contrary, you still have to see people, like your boss, all the QA people etc.
Yes, but those are people you have to see anyway. You work there, so you weren't going to be able to avoid them anyway. Plus, your contact with them can be kept down through working.

Also sucks if you have kids. My father stayed in the gaming industry longer than most of the people out there.
How so? Now you have a perfectly good excuse not to see them. Isn't a reduction in the number of people you have to see a GOOD thing?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ninjeia
Tasty Tourist

Hell's Lucifer's Sim God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 November 18, 21:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dire Weasel: I see what you're saying.  You didn't get to see your father whenever you wanted him.  His contributation to the making of games was at the inconvience of not seeing his family and having to deal with a job.  End of story. Undecided

As for other things, I am not surprised by EAxis in any way.  In a business, you do whatever you can to get as much profit as you can.  EA is a business.  They're bloodsuckers and the blood is money.  Not much more to say about that.

The EPs--I never played TS1, but it was one of the most successful games of its time, which led me to buy TS2.  Now we have TS3, which seems to be giving everyone a headache, but at the same time, gives us something to discuss/argue about in this forum. Wink However, the EPs from TS1 to TS2 were just replicas of each other with better graphics and options.  Code: Hot Date=Nightlife, Vacation=Bon Voyage, and Unleashed=Pets.  They did not make an expansion for Magic, but kind of input it into other EPs, such as the creatures (zombies, vampires, and especially the witches/warlocks).  SuperStar, I believe, was the reason for career options.  Now for TS3, Vacation=Bon Voyage=World Adventures, nothing that wasn't already totally predictable.

As for making a game to rival EAxis and The Sims--good luck with that.  The Sims is one of the most successful games ever and trying to suede a whole world to change over to another contributer of a similiar game is no picnic.  But if someone would like to try, I have no problem with it.  I'll even test it for you, but expect a lot of comparison.

Last and least, the bubbles--I use the Sims as a storytelling tool so I turn the bubbles off.  They're very annoying to me, but that's just opinion of one gamer and gives reason to why they have a cheat to turn them off.

Sorry, if there is any improper grammar--I'm kind of not in the mood to double check.

Cheers Cool
« Last Edit: 2009 November 18, 22:51:55 by ninjeia » Logged

In the World of/Power and Knowledge/I am/the Victor/In the World of/Disaster and Death/I am/Its Poison/Some People Think/I'm Alive/But I'm Really/Just a Memory
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: