More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:34:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  NoNudityCensor option is working?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NoNudityCensor option is working?  (Read 9665 times)
uncool ranch doritos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
NoNudityCensor option is working?
« on: 2009 November 28, 21:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the NoNudityCensor option working for others?
(this is using the build from 11/27 4:04pm in Base+WA)

I Enabled the option in the config, but I got the mosaic. I know the config works because I've tried it with & without Story notifications (but I happen to like the Soap Opera-like notifications from a Story mod from a different site, so that has gone back in).

I'd rather do without the NoMosaicWA package from a different site since I have a piece of crap laptop, but if all that functionality hasn't made it into AwesomeMod yet, that's cool. Just glad to have AwesomeMod back.

If the option actually is working & is an error due to my myriad of other mods, I'll try to figure it out through trial & error with my pile o mods. Mods I have in my hacks folder are Nrass mods, the new sliders, and a mod to show hidden skills.

Other than this, it's working beautifully. No significant issues so far. Apologize in advance if the question is asked elsewhere, but I've done a search on NoNudityCensor & found nothing.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: NoNudityCensor option is working?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 23:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't function when they pee because they pee through their pants. It only functions in the shower. Are you sure you're testing it properly?

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 28, 23:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod nocensor only operates when the sims are naked. Not when they pee. This is by design: Sims can't remove their pants!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 29, 00:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, works fine as is.

More Awesome Sig
nani_nana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 29, 07:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I seem to be having the same problem - the mosaic is still there

I tried this with just awesome mod in my mod folder.
Aside from the still existing mosaic problem, awesome mod seems to work fine for me.
However, I get the following message when starting (even with just awesome mod):

Non-critical core mismatch! A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected valued. This could be the result of a version mismatch or other third-party hack.

(Launcher says, my game version is 2.0.86.002002 - german store bought version)
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 29, 07:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I get the following message when starting (even with just awesome mod):

Non-critical core mismatch! A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected valued. This could be the result of a version mismatch or other third-party hack.

(Launcher says, my game version is 2.0.86.002002 - german store bought version)
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.2.8.002002_from_2.0.86.002002.exe

EDIT: Regarding the mosiac: If the problem is that the "nudity censor" on the toilet still appears, then there is no problem at all.
If the nudity censor still appears in the shower and bath tub, however, then there is a problem. Update your game to 2.2.8, make sure that the appropriate options are enabled in the config, and see if it still occurs.
nani_nana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 29, 07:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thx, I will try the update right away.... have overlooked that there is one

Edit: It works now, thanks! ... earlier I had just been looking at the toilet mosaic -- but hadn't that been removed before WA?

« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 08:49:48 by nani_nana » Logged
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 29, 08:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: It works now, thanks! ... earlier I had just been looking at the toilet mosaic -- but hadn't that been removed before WA?
As explained in this very thread: All Sims do is stand in front of/sit on the terlet without changing their clothing status; it looks far better with the mosiac and some imagination than without, and it is therefore not removed. I could be wrong, but I don't recall AM ever removing the "censor" from Sims in that state. Other no-censor mods that change the filter itself would apply to everywhere the mosiac is used, but AwesomeMod alters the code to never apply the filter in the first place.
uncool ranch doritos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 29, 10:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, seems to be working for me for the shower... that frees up the 4mb or so that was being used by the NoCensor mod that I had in my hacks folder previously.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: