More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:25:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.  (Read 103085 times)
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: 90% of Sunset Valley lots gone after returning from vacation.
« Reply #100 on: 2009 November 23, 02:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those with WA, be aware that the no mosaic mods will stop new effects like fireworks and waterfalls.
Rick's no mosaic does remove the effects, but there is a new one over at Crazy Town that does work and does not remove the effects. I have tested this one myself and the blur is gone and all the new effects are there.

Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 November 23, 07:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect these fireplaces with recolored chimneys to also cause blue lots.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 November 23, 15:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blanton Tiger Lillies from TSR by sim_man123 = GOOD

Sorry I miss listed I meant to say Stylist_Sims_Livingroom_01_palm.package = bad also the chimneys from above.  It was early morning and no coffee...sorry!  Shocked

« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 16:46:58 by slymenstra » Logged
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 November 23, 16:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also found another item that breaks the lots:

Blanton Tiger Lillies from TSR by sim_man123 = BAD

Added:
This is installed by the Sims Launcher.

Are you positive?   I have this item installed on my "clean" game with no problems.  Just to be sure, I placed the flowers on a lot, saved, exited, reentered the game and didn't get any blue lots.   I don't understand how I could have it in my game without issue and someone else couldn't. 

On a more positive note, not that anyone cares but me, I found a  SunsetValley.legacy file in my recycle bin and on a hunch restored that to my game.  Sure enough it was my original hood I thought I had lost.  That's what I've been playing the last couple days with the limited CC I've tested and have had no blue lots with multiple saves, changes of households and multiple vacation trips.   
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 November 23, 17:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  just found out about the .legacy file. You can use it to recover a corrupt hood. Didn't get all this til I fixed my start up.  I wouldn't use the back-up folders, it is as corrupt as the broken hood file.

I have that plant also. No blue lots for me. As a matter of fact, I have a few lemoncandy plants (just the last set she released) and they are okay, haven't had a blue lot. I just chunked it up to having a wonky game cause I didn't start the game right with Vista's OS.

Sad EDIT:  I have to eat my words.  Been playing for 2 days with no problems, til I wrote the above statements. Opened my game today, all blue lots. Arrgghh!

I just got so angry, I just uninstalled the game. Six months of work, I am just gonna go without it. Okay, commence with the P&L.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 20:00:57 by brownlustgirl » Logged

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 November 23, 23:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so frustrated...My Lara Croft hood has blue lots, I believe I lost it, didn't I? .... Cry

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 2009 November 24, 00:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad EDIT:  I have to eat my words.  Been playing for 2 days with no problems, til I wrote the above statements. Opened my game today, all blue lots. Arrgghh!

I just got so angry, I just uninstalled the game. Six months of work, I am just gonna go without it. Okay, commence with the P&L.

I too have some shitty shit ass news: took out all of my CC that I painstakingly tested (2GB's of package files), after all that work, 17 different saves and 25 different game restarts, JUST BECAUSE I wanted to play for a bit without the little lag that I was experiencing from adding back my files. I only moved my fucking Mods folder to my desktop, cleared my caches and started my new reconstructed hood. Blue lots. I was so frustrated, I got up and just left the house without my purse. But now I see that I'm pissed over some computer software and snapped out of it, but yeah.

So apparently, randomly removal of CC can cause blue lots too. And no, the lot I was playing did not have package files CC on it. That particular lot was created without my Mods folder; all CC was in Sims3Pack form which I've never touched so, that isn't the reason.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 November 24, 00:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to unpatch the game? Or to install an older patch?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 November 24, 00:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to unpatch the game? Or to install an older patch?

No, you can't unpatch. You have to uninstall and reinstall.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 November 24, 05:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just seeking confirmation. Is this how the blue lots look?

I don't have WA, but I updated to the 1.7.9 patch. I played about two sim days in a saved file of my legacy. (It's a copy. I only put in three game copies - a starter for each hood, with homes redecorated without cc, and my legacy - after removing the mod file and placing a blank folder in its place, which was then renamed mods. I also made two new folders for the files and packages inside the new mod file. Then I copied in the two files that were in "files" and put the new beta AwesomeMod in the package folder.)

So, I had no CC or mods, besides the beta AwesomeMod. When I went into map view as the teens were coming home from school, I noticed this. When it returns to the house from map view though, the pixels turn into objects and walls. So, I'm just wondering if this is the start of the blue lot syndrome or if this is just wierd graphics that I haven't seen before.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 November 24, 09:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is different from the blue lots I get. The whole lot square is blue and you cannot click on it. Looks like something is on your lot, also you said that the walls and objects come back. Mine don't.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 November 24, 12:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had blue lots too so i removed all my cc and played for a while.. no problems... i put back in some "safe" files , like liana's clothes.. it was ok.. i added infusorian's clutter and put it on the lot and when i made my sim travel the game crashed... after that i reentered the lot (didn't remove my cc) and made my sim travel again, just to check if it crashed and it didn't... it's very confusing, looks like there's no logic behind it.. i have no mods and i have my mods folder in the sims 3 root.. not in the WA folder...
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 November 24, 15:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a blue lot

This was the house on it...

Edit to add quote

Re: Verified "bad" CC that borks towns
Reply #12 - Today at 08:06 Quote
We have discovered a piece of data that was being used for renumbering during cloning, but which should now evidently be left out of the equation.  This should not apply backwards to previously created objects but will cause problems with cloning some objects after the EP.   We're obviously working on a fix right now

From Custom Sims forum by IngeJones

« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 15:57:44 by Cathy » Logged

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 November 25, 00:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Inge and the rest at Custom Sims are doing better than the programmers at EA. The reply from EA's Support Forum has me thinking that our only hope are the modders in the community.

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 November 25, 05:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Inge and the rest at Custom Sims are doing better than the programmers at EA. The reply from EA's Support Forum has me thinking that our only hope are the modders in the community.

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the only hope for anything decent in the Sims is from the modders in the community.   Grin
thealienamongus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 November 27, 16:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR news - TSR downloads are safe

Do any of the TSR objects not work in .package format. If the object does not work in .package has anybody tested whether the object form the original .sims3pack works.

(I still have not updated yet but I am going to tomorrow)
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 November 27, 23:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turn the files from TSR into packages.

Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 November 27, 23:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do too. All of them. And they're fine as far as not causing blue lots.

Seems to me that it's not .packages causing blue lots, it's what the object was cloned from, or what tools were used. Bad performance though, might actually be .packages and having the framework installed.

I'm not a modder though, and that's only an impression.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 November 28, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one go about doing that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 November 28, 01:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You rip them open with a Sims3pack ripper like s3px, then treat them as regular packagen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
thealienamongus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 November 29, 05:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me to
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 November 29, 06:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reply from the EA support forum appears to be to endlessly redirect in circles without ever actually displaying a reply. Which, I guess, makes a lot of sense. I approve of this new efficiency upgrade. Why bother having a PERSON redirect you in circles when the computer can do the same thing?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 November 29, 06:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reply from the EA support forum appears to be to endlessly redirect in circles without ever actually displaying a reply. Which, I guess, makes a lot of sense. I approve of this new efficiency upgrade. Why bother having a PERSON redirect you in circles when the computer can do the same thing?

Out of curiosity, were you one of the 4 out of 23 people who found that answer to be helpful?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 November 29, 06:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was an answer or a poll? I was just meta-redirected endlessly between URLs without ever actually getting a webpage.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 November 29, 06:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was an answer or a poll? I was just meta-redirected endlessly between URLs without ever actually getting a webpage.

Yes, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can see it.

"How would you rate this answer?"
[Very Poor] [Below Average] [Average] [Above Average] [Excellent]

[Submit Rating]

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: