More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:03:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!  (Read 30208 times)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Re: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 17, 19:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I read at MTS, contacting EA might get you a suggestion of buying an uber expensive video card to get the game working with the patch/WA.

Taken from this thread :

Found the problem. Nothing to do with mods. EA said that although my video card was capable of running the base game. That I would have to upgrade my vid card to Nividia GTX295 to run with newest update, despite the fact that my previous vid card met box listed requirements. Bunch of bull, but time to go shopping. Besides the "no loading time" Sims 3 is really beginning to feel like a waste of time.

Ironyemcee
What do they mean exactly. Do you need to get new drivers for your card or a totaly new one?
Got to check first then what card i'm using, although my game doesn't crash but just wont load.

They said I need a totally new one. I had newest updates. Running Windows XP with 2gig Ram. Had GeForce GT130. Ea suggested one of the $300-$500 dollar versions of the GeForce like GTX280-GTX295.

L&P  WTF!!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 17, 19:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing World Adventures caused my game to REdownload the patch.

I then made a copy of my existing family and opened the game with the Mods folder still out of the game...(so no AwesomeMod and no custom content from that folder in game).

I have sound and sims can move freely, etc.  I basically did a quick op-check and shut the thing off.

I'll play again for 'real' when AM is updated...until then...(and I'm going to attempt to wait patiently)...

Someone noted last night elsewhere on the www that the patch doesn't seem to function properly without WA installed. I tend to think this may indeed be the case, at least for me. 

divalbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 17, 19:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Sooo..........Patch then install W/A  or install W/A then patch?
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 17, 19:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: Sooo..........Patch then install W/A  or install W/A then patch?

I was going to ask the same thing but from what I'm gathering:

Don't.
Do.
Anything.

Just when I started enjoying TS3 again, all this madness starts to worry me a bit.

Also, as far as backup, what should I backup aside from Mods folder/Saves, I have Sims in my bin that I'm not ready to use; can I just backup my Library folder? Is that enough?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 17, 20:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, as far as backup, what should I backup aside from Mods folder/Saves, I have Sims in my bin that I'm not ready to use; can I just backup my Library folder? Is that enough?
That depends on what you want to save. If you have any videos or screenshots then you should backup those folders also.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 17, 20:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I talked with hubby while he was home for lunch... and he said something that has me wondering...

My game had already been updated to the 1.6 patch...then all of a sudden after installing WA it redownloaded and updated again to 1.6... and hubby had to wonder if in the last 12 hours or so they've already rejiggered the 1.6 patch (in other words this is 1.6 version 2)...

Of course, EA won't ever admit to such a thing...kind of makes me wonder if some of EA's employees used to work at eBay (motto: if we keep 'em in the dark and don't say anything then it never really happened).

Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 17, 20:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a good laugh at EA saying the person needs a GTX280, I mean that makes no sense, they didn't even update the graphics!

Unless the game has suddenly switched to graphics better then Crysis(Which will run on way lower-end cards then a GTX280-295) there's no possible way that can be true. Instead of firing their testers they probably should have gotten rid of their sucky customer service people, and hired some that aren't absolute dipshits.
Somewhere in my mind I have my doubts even EA uses the GTX280 or even GTX260 with their Sims 3 computers. I mean back when all the previews for the base game were coming out they were still using the 8800's while the 9800's had been out for some time.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 17, 20:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting til Pescado's updated AM before I go anywhere near this patch. Why would you want to go anywhere near EA's sucky story mode anyway?
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 17, 20:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problems with the  new patch I left all my cc in just took out mods .
Twallen has updated his super computer and progression mods already.
I have played and saved without any problems so far all my cc working fine .
I will wait for awesome after I have installed the EP.
divalbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 17, 21:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww the heck with it!!!  I can't just do nothing! I bought the frickin' EP already and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I'm gonna take a leap of faith. I've learned lessons from other patches - take out the mods folder, put the original camera and skycommon folder back in, and back up everything I want to save. First I'll install the EP and see if it wants to patch on its' own. If all goes well, you won't hear from me again until the next EP comes out. If it's borked you won't hear from me then either bcuz I've pulled the trigger...........   Angry
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 17, 21:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallen has updated his super computer and progression mods already.
Has Twallen updated his super computer? I see no mention of it on his thread for the standalone computer on this site. -> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16355.0.html
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 17, 21:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has a section @ CrazyTown.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Jhez
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 17, 23:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first post; I'm awaiting insults and questions about my mental abilites (or lack thereof) --

I lurk around places like this and can usually figure stuff out, albeit after *much* trial and error (I am no computer whiz), and, stupid me, I updated to the new patch without thinking. DNW World Adventures, I just want my flippin' slider hacks (and some other attractive features of the AM). I have not been able to make AM work yet (before I patched, even. See the 'trial and error' comment above), but I've gotten it to crash now, so I think it will work without this new patch.

Which brings me to my question -- is it possible to revert to an old patch, as in rolling back a driver, or do I have to reinstall TS3 and use an earlier patch? I reinstalled TS3 when I upgraded to Win7, so I don't care about saving content or anything.

I'm sure this is a pitifully sad, ignorant question; one that even my 4 year old knows the answer to. I humbly await the sporking. Thanks.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 17, 23:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want the new patch but have already installed it, you'll have to do the uninstallation/reinstallation dance, and keep the launcher from updating to 1.6 (or whatever the new patch is). As for AM, double check that the framework is installed properly after you've reinstalled the game. Once you've loaded the game up, type "showconfig". If a box pops up, then AM is installed and working.

I sing along with elevator music.
Jhez
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 17, 23:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@sigmund

Thanks so much, I was prepared to wait patiently for days for an answer. I have and will check, check and re-check framework and such. That is, after I kill TS3 and ressurect it.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 17, 23:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the problems that i've read on The Sims 3 forum include not been able to save unless they use 'save as', One person has had all their lots turn in to blue, unusable holes in the ground that they can't even click on (Probably a corrupted  save game), Framerate drops (There seems to be improvements in the graphics such as bloom effects) and slow loading screens.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 18, 00:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has a section @ CrazyTown.
Ah. Yes I see, thanks.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 18, 00:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I let the L&Ps prompt me to download the patch and this was my findings. The game loaded regular til I clicked what family/town to play, then it took 20 mins to load. My sims lost most things in the personal inventory (fruits, rocks and written books) and everything in the refrigerator. All my fruit trees and grapes are gone in the garden, although they were close to being barren and have been around for a long time, but the new plants were in the garden.

After looking around the hood, I lost alot of fruit trees and vegetable plants in my community lots and some of the sim homes that had them. Haven't tested the ability to plant in the community lots, that came from the patch yet. I guess that is why they are gone.

Everything is so slow to show the textures and animate the other homes and community lots in the hood.

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 18, 02:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what to do...

I got bored and antsy and installed WA (arred), but not before backing up Saves, Mods, Library...etc. Install went fine. Opened the new TS3EP01.exe and didn't hear any music which many have reported. Opened one of my saves, sent my 2 Sims to Champs Le Sims via computer. After choosing how many days the vacation would be and my Sim turning off the computer, a suitcase popped into her queue. I watched her walk to (I'm assuming) the curb in front of her house to get into a taxi or something, and before she got there my screen flashed black for a second and I immediately see a loading screen for Champs Le Sims. Once loaded, it has an opening movie animation/scrolling camera over this new neighborhood, and had music playing (Huh).

So I saved and quit. Went into my Saves folder and noticed new folders with the save name and the *.sims3 file is now gone. So I figure at this point everything is fine. Added Mods back and started the game and the opening loading screen never progressed. Killed the process in Task Manager, removed only my Awesomemod and NRAAS mods and tried again, this time it opened fine. Created a new neighborhood. Noticed my old Sims that I have just created last week but wasn't ready to use, were still in the Bin (without me having to change anything in the Library file). Went into CAS and created a new Sim; everything there went fine except I couldn't choose a favorite food and a voice. Noticed how the new WA item clothing and accessories have a special icon; not very many new items. Was able to save my Sim regardless. Placed my Sim in a house and also noticed how laggy the game was (every few seconds there'd be a pause). Saved again, giving this new neighborhood its own name. Quit.

When I open the Launcher, my version number is now 2.0.86.002002. Yet in still, I'm still being asked to update to 2.1.6.002002. Ignored this patch and quit the Launcher.

So I gather, this 1.6 patch isn't so much WA dependent but making space for a future installation and since I already have it, I'm not running into nearly as many problems as if I started out patching. But why in hell would I STILL need another damn update after my game version is above 1.6? I wanna find out what this latest patch is for but haven't found any info just yet.

So this long ass post was to say, installing WA seems fine. Patching stinks, for now.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 18, 02:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if Pescado will be uploading a final version (base game) for those who choose not use patches 1.5 and up.  If the patches truly are EP dependent I'd like to have the option to continue with out them & still have awesomeness.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 November 18, 03:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ended up uninstalling my game and re-installed the base game. After having a difficult time playing the patched base game, I closed the game for a couple of hours. When I tried playing again, all lots in my town was water, all my sims were trying to find homes. Laughed til I cried.

Since the family I was playing had no home, the father walked to a community lot to use the bathroom, but there was nothing on the lot. The toddler was in the air above the water lot and the mom was underwater (in basement) updating a computer that was not there. EA is a legit business? Ha!

That's what I get for updating.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 November 18, 04:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought WA and updated with the patcher after taking out my mods and hack etc and backing up everything.  I don't really want to play my main hood until Awesome Mod is updated so I just made a new town and new Sim.  So far everything is working correctly.  I'm not laggy or swimming in blue pools anywhere.

I'm enjoying it so far.  I can see a whole lot of things to be squished by Awesome Mod so I can't wait for that.

If you are having problems make sure all of your hacks are totally removed and delete your caches.  Don't forget that there were a ton of fixes in Awesome Mod (added traits, not losing inventory items, sims moving out of the town) and without it you will lose it all.

I like the expansion so far.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 November 18, 15:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My door bell actually rings now! I'm happy with the patch/ep.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 November 18, 15:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the 'error 16' saving issue, so I uninstalled, reinstalled minus all mods and patched to 1.6 (I don't have WA). No more saving issues now, but I have noticed a couple of things that have clearly been broken by the patch - surprise, surprise! The most annoying is that food goes bad in a matter of a few hours now, even in the most expensive fridge, so there's just no point cooking group meals any more. Also, sims don't automatically stop working on a painting when it is complete.
Vika
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 November 18, 16:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even install the patch.I tried with both regional codes [1 and 7],and it still says 'invalid file found'.I took out all my mods and custom content,but it still won't work.I heard that I have to edit .ini files,but which ones I have to change?And how?
I would really appreciate your help  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: