More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:58:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!  (Read 30215 times)
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
« on: 2009 November 17, 07:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 1.5/1.6 patch is a way to get people to buy The Sims 3 World Adventures. The new EP is required for the game to function properly after installing the new patch. There are files generated by the patch that I have no idea what they are used for (sims3.bad or .legacy on the end of some saves) and there seems to be a TravelDB file or something similar if I remember (Just uninstalled because of the patch) that is useless until WA is installed. And one person has reported that the patch causes loading times of about 20 minutes which might be because of the EP requirement.

Post in this thread if you encountered any problems because you installed the patch without World Adventures.
urmothersewssocksthatsmell
Asinine Airhead

Jesus Loves You In That Outfit!

View Profile
Re: 1.5/1.6 Patch warning!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 17, 08:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any more on this? Wanting to download as it seems there are a lot of fixes in the patch.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 17, 08:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed again, No main problems without mods but the basement tool, i have no idea how to use.

EDIT: ...and there goes my game. I can no longer save it.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 17, 09:00:26 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
urmothersewssocksthatsmell
Asinine Airhead

Jesus Loves You In That Outfit!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 17, 09:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curses!  Roll Eyes Thanks!
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 17, 09:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I've encountered some strange problems too so far.
First it wouldn't get past the loading screen - no music, no movement. I removed all my downloads (I suspect it was an AwesomeMod conflict), and it worked.
So I started one of my characters, a guy with lots of skills and money, and sent him to China. When he tried to (MINOR SPOILER) spar with someone, the game CTD.
This morning I loaded up the game again, and because I had not saved, my character was back in his house in Riverview. I thought I would change his house around a bit, and look at the the new items (pitifully few in number). When I tried to come out of buy mode, it just sat there with the loading cursor. No hard drive action either. I had to close it with Task Manager in the end.

I'll try going into the game and just saving straight off, without doing anything. If it mucks up then, it must be something wrong.
Ugh, the thought of having to remove all the custom content, uninstall, then put it back piece by piece... actually, if I have to do that, I'll probably just uninstall and leave it!
Mamoa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 17, 09:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just tried to patch my game but it won't let me, it tells me the update is ready and starts to download but then it'll finish before it tells me there is an invalid file error, anyone else having this problem?   Huh
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 17, 09:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just tried to patch my game but it won't let me, it tells me the update is ready and starts to download but then it'll finish before it tells me there is an invalid file error, anyone else having this problem?   Huh

does it say what the invalid file is?    Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 17, 10:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

also, if you have any hidden trait mods, every single trait in the game dissapears (fixed when removed the mod though) and the clothes for my pregnant sim are all.the.same.
girlfromverona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 17, 10:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you uninstall the patch, ElectricSimmer? I did a System Restore, which screwed something up so that the game wouldn't load at all. I'm now completely reinstalling it. Fortunately everything was backed up. Sigh. I really want those recolourable stairs and fences. I'm getting WA on Friday, so hopefully that doesn't **** up my game again.  Undecided
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 17, 11:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just tried to patch my game but it won't let me, it tells me the update is ready and starts to download but then it'll finish before it tells me there is an invalid file error, anyone else having this problem?   Huh

I had the same thing happen, until I remembered that I had Aikea's camera hack installed. If you have any mods outside of your Packages folder, don't forget to take them out, too. Once I had the original back in place, it installed perfectly (or as perfectly as an EA patch can, anyway).
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 17, 12:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you uninstall the patch, ElectricSimmer? I did a System Restore, which screwed something up so that the game wouldn't load at all. I'm now completely reinstalling it. Fortunately everything was backed up. Sigh. I really want those recolourable stairs and fences. I'm getting WA on Friday, so hopefully that doesn't **** up my game again.  Undecided

No i'm keeping the patch installed because i'm getting World Adventures on Thursday and I don't plan to play the game again until I get WA.
girlfromverona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 17, 12:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, sorry. I thought you meant you'd uninstalled the patch, not the whole game. Guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills...

My game is working perfectly again, now that I'm back to the previous patch version. The annoying thing is I've never had a problem with patches before and this is one I really want.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 17, 12:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, sorry. I thought you meant you'd uninstalled the patch, not the whole game. Guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills...

My game is working perfectly again, now that I'm back to the previous patch version. The annoying thing is I've never had a problem with patches before and this is one I really want.

Tell me about it, this patch would be perfect IF IT WORKED WITH THE BASE GAME! I knew it was too good to be true...
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 17, 14:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problems here yet. Everything works as it should.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 17, 14:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not quite understanding this post.  You are saying that it does not work with the base game, but are not providing any proof except one person's report they made because they didn't take out their mods before patching. Is this some kind of joke I'm not catching?

Oh well. I am pleased to report that my game works fine after patching, although I haven't done much, and certainly haven't saved due to the lack of Awesome Mod at the moment.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 17, 15:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Parrot, do you have CC (hair, objects, buildmode) and are they working? I have read that some CC may be affected.  Also, is the loading time longer?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 17, 15:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a couple hacks:

-NoBuildSparklies (Seems to work fine.)

-LifeFruitGives3Days (Haven't checked yet.)

-floorthickness (Works perfectly fine)

-2xeating (Haven't experienced problems yet.)

-random_baby_gender_jonha (Also haven't checked yet.)

I did remove all these prior to patching, but have added them back, and am testing them for any abnormalities.

Luckily I have met none as of yet, and had only noticed a slow down the first time I used the basement tool. After that it went back to normal speed, despite me opening the tool again afterwords.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 17, 16:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, good to know.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 17, 16:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the 'invalid file' error you will need to remove any .ini files you have modified. Apparently the second it senses that one little tiny file is off from exactly what it should be it will tell you it's invalid. I had this issue with my game twice and also helped out two others who were having the same issue.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 17, 16:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't remove my CC, I only removed awesomemod, and the game loaded up ok. Took no longer than usual to start the game itself, but much longer to actually load a new game. My game was a bit laggy, but I basically didn't leave build mode. And my pre-order copy isn't here yet, so I can't install the EP until then, but the game still more or less worked. Didn't try saving though.

Also, if people have trouble installing, remember to take your custom music out and replace it with the default crap.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 17, 17:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't fool with music in game. In fact, I have the music muted in game.

I removed awesome mod.

Game will eventually load, but takes a very long time compared to prior to installing patch.

I have no sound whatsoever.

Game will not get past initial loading screen with awesome mod installed.

My WA should arrive today. Will install with AM removed when I have it in my hot little hands. If I still have no sound...I'm done.  Oh and I run no other hacks, but do have a bunch of custom content.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 17, 17:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is not compatible with the new patch, and won't be until I make an entirely new patch utility to do the job. This is a much more complicated task than last time and GNU diff/patch is no longer quite up to the task, forcing me to create an entirely NEW patch utility just to do this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 17, 18:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

installed the new patch today without any problems or so I thought excellent went into game to play on one of my saved families and it took ages to load the saved game and when I got there the adults would'nt or could'nt move but the toddler and maid could. Only had one hack and removed that and cc before the patch but they just stand there and the toddler crawls around

Nualla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 17, 18:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should have known to come here first.  I just spent the last hour sending an email w/SS's and a video to the EA tech support team because a game that worked perfectly fine yesterday is no longer playable because of this patch.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 17, 19:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot imagine the complexities of having to fix Awesome Mod to work with both this patch and WA...appreciate your efforts because the game just isn't worth playing without AM.

I am currently installing WA...arrived about a half hour ago...I don't know whether to thank the UPS guy or curse him...

I have removed my Mods folder from the game for install.

I am going to start the game and check for sound. If I have sound, I'm shutting the game off and waiting for AM to be made workable with the latest patch and WA expansion pack.

If I have no sound? Maybe it's a sign from above that it's time for me to find something else to occupy my evenings?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: