More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:43:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit  (Read 5730 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
« on: 2009 November 13, 21:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frustration has gotten the better of me.  I reformatted my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows Vista 64-bit in order to utilize more of my RAM.  I reinstalled The Sims 3 to C:/Games (to avoid the problems that seem to occur when the game is installed to C:/ProgramFiles (x86)), redownloaded Delphy's Installer Monkey for the framework and Resource.cfg, downloaded a new copy of AwesomeMod and Aweconfig.  I also have some other non-core mods installed in the Hacks file and neither AwesomeMod (showconfig comes up as an unknown command) or other mods, for instance, Rick's NoInto mod (the intro is still present) are working.  Custom content seems to be showing up (but I'll go back in and check further to make sure at least one working thing is custom content installed via a package file with Delphy's tool).

Does anyone using Vista 64-bit know what could be going wrong here?  I've tried everything (including uninstalling and reinstalling to C:/ProgramFiles(X86) and that does not solve it either.  I have the d3dx9_31.dll installed in the Game/Bin folder; AwesomeMod and Aweconfig is in Mods>Packages (without a subfolder although that should work; and Resource.cfg is attached below as a text file).

These things have always worked for me in the past, and the only difference is Vista 64-bit vs. Vista 32-bit and a custom installation to C:/Games as opposed to Program Files.  Delphy's Installer Monkey is also installed to C:/Games.  And, yes, the computer is capable of running 64-bit (confirmed by the manufacturer) and everything else works.

Edited to add: Well, I got AwesomeMod to work by replacing the Resource.cfg with the one from Rick's NoIntro mod which I redownloaded.  Will update with any further information as I get it.

« Last Edit: 2009 November 14, 10:44:36 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
Re: Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 13, 21:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell are you using Vista 64-bit? I think the logic that lead you to that decision is what's fubaring your game. Either Win7 or XP. Accept no bullshit based substitutes.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 13, 21:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell are you using Vista 64-bit? I think the logic that lead you to that decision is what's fubaring your game. Either Win7 or XP. Accept no bullshit based substitutes.
Can't afford a new operating system (Windows 7) at the moment.  Rolling back to XP will also not utilize all the RAM (I have 4 GB).

rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 14, 02:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mods and package files work fine in programme files (x86) I have no crashes or any other issues with 64bit.
Have you re installed framework?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 14, 02:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Rosemary, I have reinstalled the framework files using Delphy's TS3 Helper Monkey.  This is incredibly frustrating for me since I had everything working fine on Vista 32-bit.  However, I did get AwesomeMod working now, which is great.  Have not had time to do any other real testing since I originally posted.  I got AwesomeMod to work by substituting the Resource.cfg file contained in the download for Rick's NoIntro Mod for the one from the framework.  I will be trying further experimentation with that, and actually trying to see if anything else (within the framework files) is working including Rick's NoIntro mod which I redownloaded from MTS2.

Thanks for your response!  I had been reading other threads here and it seems that people have had problems installing to C:/ProgramFiles (x86) due to UAC issues.  They were advised to do a custom install to C:/Games, which is what I did.  Other than that, it appears to be a problem with the resource.cfg file itself.

Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 14, 05:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Vista 64 bit with TS3 installed in C:/ProgramFiles (x86) and have never had a problem, but I also have the UAC turned off. I noticed a few mods stopped working when I recently installed it in this current setup, namely the No Music Notes mod, the No Blurry Stereo Animation mod and the No Build Mode Sparkles. I also had that Stop Fucking Coughing While You Eat mod that didn't appear to work anymore but, I just removed it with the others instead of testing it further.

The only mods that I have, that do work, is the No Intro mod and the Faster Skilling mod. All mods mentioned came from MTS.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
SOLVED: Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 14, 06:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Vista 64 bit with TS3 installed in C:/ProgramFiles (x86) and have never had a problem, but I also have the UAC turned off. I noticed a few mods stopped working when I recently installed it in this current setup, namely the No Music Notes mod, the No Blurry Stereo Animation mod and the No Build Mode Sparkles. I also had that Stop Fucking Coughing While You Eat mod that didn't appear to work anymore but, I just removed it with the others instead of testing it further.
The only mods that I have, that do work, is the No Intro mod and the Faster Skilling mod. All mods mentioned came from MTS.
Nevermind.  Thanks for the responses.  As it happened, I was sufficiently frustrated with this to try different things and found that 1) when I specified a "custom install" to C:/Games, the installer did not insert the customary "Electronic Arts" and "The Sims 3" folders before creating the other files, so I created them.  Next, I replaced the Resource.cfg until finally one of the versions worked.  Strangely, though I believe it was a copy of the version I started with (the one created by Delpy's Installer Monkey).  Maybe just shaking things up was enough.  In any event, everything works now, and happily, I'm discovering parts of AwesomeMod I didn't realize were there before!

« Last Edit: 2009 November 14, 10:40:40 by coconnor » Logged

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 14, 10:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you open the resource.cfg with notepad and read it?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 14, 10:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you open the resource.cfg with notepad and read it?
I did do that.  But I was not sure what exactly was wrong with it.  It probably also had something to do with the way the installer omitted both the Electronic Arts and Sims 3 folders during the custom install to C:/Games. 

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 14, 10:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly try changing the directories to their full locations in resource.cfg and confirm they are readable/not hidden. This is just a wild guess though I don't know Vista, but the reason I can think of it could load only one mod is if it was in a different location than the below or the priority numbers are incorrect. Maybe post a copy here?

For example:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

Instead the entire address (fix this I am not sure)
PackedFile C:/Games/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/*.package
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
SOLVED: Mods Not Working on a new install of Windows Vista 64-bit
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 14, 11:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly try changing the directories to their full locations in resource.cfg and confirm they are readable/not hidden. This is just a wild guess though I don't know Vista, but the reason I can think of it could load only one mod is if it was in a different location than the below or the priority numbers are incorrect. Maybe post a copy here?

For example:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

Instead the entire address (fix this I am not sure)
PackedFile C:/Games/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/*.package
Thanks, Nanacake, but I already solved it.  (See my post quoting SHOWER SCREAM earlier this morning).  Thanks for the help, though!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: