More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:52:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Talk.../About Major option disappears
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Talk.../About Major option disappears  (Read 2729 times)
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Talk.../About Major option disappears
« on: 2009 November 19, 07:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs and SPs. I tried starting the game with custom content disabled, loading the lot, saving it, then exiting to the neighborhood and reloading the lot again. Of course, it hasn't helped.

My Young Adult sims can only talk about college majors as long as they haven't chosen one. As soon as they pick a major, the option disappears.

Default Young Adults who Maxis already picked a major for still have the Talk.../About Major menu option. However, their speech bubble shows them talking about an undeclared major rather than their actual major. And if I change their major using either the phone or the computer, they lose the menu option too.

Also, my memory may be a little fuzzy on this, but wasn't there at some point (no later than Seasons) an Ask.../What's Your Major option? I don't have that with any sims.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Talk.../About Major option disappears
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 19, 11:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, 'talk about major' only works between two sims with the same major. I also don't remember having any luck with getting changed majors to stick for dormies.
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Talk.../About Major option disappears
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 20, 14:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. But you're right, two playable sims with the same major can talk about it (but their speech bubble still shows undeclared major). Oh well. I'm relieved it's at least nothing I broke. Thanks for letting me know Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: