More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:58:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Anyone reinstall on new PC? Or have a link to the 1.4 patch?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone reinstall on new PC? Or have a link to the 1.4 patch?  (Read 4279 times)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Anyone reinstall on new PC? Or have a link to the 1.4 patch?
« on: 2009 November 10, 22:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got a new laptop (yay!) and installed TS3. I tried to locate the patch files through a MATY search, but 2 hours later I still have not found the files anywhere on this site. I tried to just use (gasp!) the launcher but it wants me to sign in and provide my product code; when I enter it I get a message that the code is already in use. (duh) A search of the EA forum didn't provide any assistance either. So, if anyone knows how to solve the "product code already in use" problem, or knows where I can just download the patch, I would really appreciate it. I am anxious to find out if MORE RAMS will put a stop to the lagging in my larger 'hoods.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Anyone reinstall on new PC? Or have a link to the 1.4 patch?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 10, 22:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tangie,

You can do a Google search for "Sims 3 patch 1.4" and you'll find plenty of places where you can download the patch!!  Smiley

SimPrograms has several options depending on which game version are using...
http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3/

Good Luck!

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 10, 23:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Can't believe no one else has tried to re-install the game on a different PC and experienced this problem, but I haven't found any solutions to this anywhere I've searched. There must be some way to accomplish this, but for now I can't even get access to the launcher since the program code was already registered once. Stoopid EA.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 11, 00:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally if you purchased the game you get a login to their site. Once logged in, you can download the patch. You don't have to re-register.

INFP or something
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 11, 00:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the basic problem, and I apologize for being less than clear here, is that all that comes up on my screen is a box labeled Download Manager. It is not the launcher.

I went to the EA site and found a patch page and the directions instructed me to open my launcher and click on the update link.  Tongue
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 11, 01:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the basic problem, and I apologize for being less than clear here, is that all that comes up on my screen is a box labeled Download Manager. It is not the launcher.

I went to the EA site and found a patch page and the directions instructed me to open my launcher and click on the update link.  Tongue

Tangie:  I just finished reformatting my hard drive & reinstalling the operating system, which should be pretty much like reinstalling on a new PC.  The launcher should have gotten installed with the game.  I was already registered on their site and the only time it asked for the product code was when I reinstalled The Sims 3.  I then went to the launcher (it should come up by clicking the Sims 3 icon on your desktop) and downloaded the patch that way.  EA Download Manager is another program.  Am I missing something here?

« Last Edit: 2009 November 11, 20:02:33 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 11, 01:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, apparently I am! I'm having an idiotic moment. Actually, quite a few of them. I got so used to using the shortcut link that bypasses the CD to run this game that I completely forgot that the launcher opens as soon as you click on the regular Sims 3 icon on the desktop. Doh!  Embarrassed   

I am about to decide to completely forget trying to re-install all my previously games and downloads (except the package files in my mod folder, those will be easy to add) and just starting fresh. I was really curious to see if this PC could handle my laggy saved games but trying to re-create everything first is really getting too tedious! Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction, Coconnor.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 11, 01:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, apparently I am! I'm having an idiotic moment. Actually, quite a few of them. I got so used to using the shortcut link that bypasses the CD to run this game that I completely forgot that the launcher opens as soon as you click on the regular Sims 3 icon on the desktop. Doh!  Embarrassed  

I am about to decide to completely forget trying to re-install all my previously games and downloads (except the package files in my mod folder, those will be easy to add) and just starting fresh. I was really curious to see if this PC could handle my laggy saved games but trying to re-create everything first is really getting too tedious! Thanks for pointing me back in the right direction, Coconnor.
No problem ... you're welcome!  I know, I run it from 3-booter, so I only touch the desktop icon when I want the launcher.

ETA:  If you have saved your "Saved Game" folder, just copy everything out of that file into your new "Saved Game" folder or replace the whole file with the old one and you can try to play your old game(s) on your new computer.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 11, 20:02:10 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: