More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:09:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dance Sphere Abductions and Engagement wants after FT.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dance Sphere Abductions and Engagement wants after FT.  (Read 5324 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Dance Sphere Abductions and Engagement wants after FT.
« on: 2009 November 08, 18:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who was abducted using the 'summon aliens' interaction during Uni.  Now an adult, he was abducted through the dance sphere whilst on an outing downtown.  As I had TwoJeffs sim blender on the lot, I checked to see if he was pregnant, as I had read that dance sphere interactions always resulted in male pregnancies, but he was not.  Any clues as to why this might be?

Also, I am seeing a distinct lack of engagement wants across all my playables of all different aspirations.  They do all have a secondary aspiration too and I was wondering if that might be factor in the wants not rolling.  I do have wfsanity but haven't seen any other complaints in that thread relating to a lack of engagement wants.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Dance Sphere Abductions and Engagement wants after FT.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 09, 00:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand the code right, sims cannot get pregnant if they are abducted from a community lot.  (I may have changed this in one of my hacks, but I can't remember if I decided to do that or not, now.)  IIRC, this only applies to the dance sphere since (unless you have Inge's default replacements) telescopes cannot be placed on community lots at all.  It might be possible to get pregnant from community lot abduction via telescope if you have Inge's telescopes, though.  I haven't tried it.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 09, 08:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting.  I may have to do further tests with a dance sphere on a residential lot.  I have Inge's comm telescope hack so I might see if it is possible to get sims abducted on a comm lot too.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 09, 14:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand the code right, sims cannot get pregnant if they are abducted from a community lot.  (I may have changed this in one of my hacks, but I can't remember if I decided to do that or not, now.)  IIRC, this only applies to the dance sphere since (unless you have Inge's default replacements) telescopes cannot be placed on community lots at all.  It might be possible to get pregnant from community lot abduction via telescope if you have Inge's telescopes, though.  I haven't tried it.

Are you referring specifically to alien abduction pregnancies here? In a vanilla game, sims can get knocked up via public woohoo.

As for alien preggos, I've never had a regular abduction, let alone a dance sphere one...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 09, 17:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting.  I may have to do further tests with a dance sphere on a residential lot.  I have Inge's comm telescope hack so I might see if it is possible to get sims abducted on a comm lot too.
Telescopes can also be placed by starting the lot out as residential, placing telescopes, and then changing the lot type to community. That is how I got the working telescopes in my obelisk lot from forever and a day ago.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 09, 18:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a warning (or perhaps not a warning), he can get abducted and knocked up from a Dance Sphere on ANY residential lot, not just his own.  I learned that the hard way.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 09, 19:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring specifically to alien abduction pregnancies here? In a vanilla game, sims can get knocked up via public woohoo.

Yes - that was referring just to alien abduction, and just to dance sphere abduction, as I mentioned before.

As a warning (or perhaps not a warning), he can get abducted and knocked up from a Dance Sphere on ANY residential lot, not just his own.  I learned that the hard way.

Yeah, the only test is Lot - Is Livable.  I'm actually not sure if owned community lots are considered "livable" though - maybe it depends on whether the selected sim is on the lot as a customer, or as a business owner, or maybe they don't count at all.  I have dance spheres all over the place, but I've never had a sim autonomously get abducted before.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 09, 22:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims of all aspirations are still rolling the engagement wants even with secondary aspirations in my game, I've noticed no difference after FT. I have WF sanity as well.

In all this time only females have been (naturally) abducted in game. My only male pregnancies were those I created for stories.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 10, 04:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the only test is Lot - Is Livable.  I'm actually not sure if owned community lots are considered "livable" though - maybe it depends on whether the selected sim is on the lot as a customer, or as a business owner, or maybe they don't count at all.  I have dance spheres all over the place, but I've never had a sim autonomously get abducted before.
Community lots are never liveable. Liveable lots are things like Apartment, Dorm, Residential.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 10, 04:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims of all aspirations are still rolling the engagement wants even with secondary aspirations in my game, I've noticed no difference after FT. I have WF sanity as well.
Family and Fortune sims seem to roll the engagement want without intervention the moment they fall in love. For others, I generally need to start a date scenario to get them to roll it, and the same with the want to marry. It doesn't really seem like the wants have rolled less often after FT. Should be noted that only about a third of my sims get second aspirations, and I have very little experience playing Romance as either primary or secondary. My RandomStuff script gives low priority to Romance and 1 in 4 of my 'hoods has the "you shall not suffer a Romance sim to live" caveat. Teens who roll Romance are smited to death, and townies who come to greater attention found with the trait share the same fate.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 11, 17:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember one of the flavor packs for the Kitten Killer re-enabling pregnancy via dance sphere abductions for YA males because an Eaxis bug allowed the YA males to get preggers without the kitten killer in the game before an official patch fixed it.  So I guess I always assumed it work on community lots for some reason.  Of course, the one time I've ever had a dance sphere abduction the victim was female.

My engagement wants spam doesn't seem to have changed any.  Hell, my romance sims will roll the want sometimes.  Along with the fear.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: