More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:22:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More unnamed wantable objects than you can shake a stick at.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More unnamed wantable objects than you can shake a stick at.  (Read 4378 times)
Faylen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
More unnamed wantable objects than you can shake a stick at.
« on: 2009 November 10, 16:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is driving me absolutely nuts.  I've read through here and other less awesome places to see if I can track down what is causing this.  I tried removing all my hacks (which were few, indeed) and still get these stupid blank wants.  I've removed downloaded lots and houses.  Still there.  Installed all the patches.  Still there.  Searched my entire damn computer to see if somehow uni_ltw_sns had sneaked in somehow (suggestion that appeared in a couple of threads here) and no, it's not there.  I've been deleting downloaded objects that affect wants - I've even tried deleting my entire downloads folder and firing up the game, and it's still a problem.  Deleted my groups and accessories cache and the cigen package.  Still there.  Clearly, evil forces are at work here.  Any suggestions on what to try next?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: More unnamed wantable objects than you can shake a stick at.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 10, 16:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's an EAxian bug, and you can fix it BY installing uni_ltw_sns. What number is given? It is possible that this is an EAxian issue caused by an odd combination of expansions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Faylen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 10, 16:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google University did not come up with anything for downloading uni_ltw_sns, only discussions about it, my darling Pescado, or I would indeed have done so - is there another string of text I should be looking for? 

And if this problem is being caused by not having Seasons, or Mansion and Garden Stuff, or Teen Style Stuff, or Glamor Life, it will piss me off big-time.  Bad enough I had to plunk down the bucks for K&B, IKEA, and H&M just so I could get new objects, clothes, and hair.  Those bastiges!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 10, 16:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uni_ltw_sns is in the hack directory, on this site.  See the Armory forum.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Faylen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 10, 16:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so somehow the search function is screwy, because I did search for exactly that and got only posts, and links within posts to other posts.  I'll hop right over there, thanks much.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 10, 17:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search function only searches for forum posts and threads. The hack is inside a directory hosted off the forum software, that's why.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Faylen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 10, 23:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense, but a general Google search came up with nothing, either.  HOWEVER...dl'd and installed.  Still got the stooooopid unnamed objects.  Said many bad words.  Removed all Downloads, deleted caches.  Looked at poor, ugly, Maxis-only game and decided to add harmless content back in, and what do you know. . .

I had downloaded careers.

The careers do not set off a flag at the beginning of the game when it asks you about enabling or disabling custom content, even though - of course - careers are going to impact wantable objects.  Until I started poring over my downloads, I didn't even realize that I had them.  I suspected lots and hacks and even some objects, but there you have it. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: