More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:59:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Information is all gone... only the characters are left
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Information is all gone... only the characters are left  (Read 3460 times)
TimeStop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Information is all gone... only the characters are left
« on: 2009 November 08, 16:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, my game was totally fine until we had a power outage a couple of nights ago. This actually happens a lot and has never caused me huge issues before. However, when I reloaded my game this time, everything was fine in all of the neighborhoods except for the one that I'd been playing. There, all of the information has been wiped. The sims still exist and live in homes, but they are all set up so that they: don't have any family, don't know anyone, have no personality, no skills, bottomed out aspiration, no memories, businesses and jobs gone, ect. Essentially, what is left on that neighborhood is all the same sims that already existed and in their houses, but nothing else. I'm not sure if there's anything at all that can be done about it, and I honestly doubt there is, but I figured I would see if anyone had ideas.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Information is all gone... only the characters are left
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 09, 01:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 09, 04:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like BFBVFS indeed. You can at least salvage their appearances with SimPE. As to those power outages, don't those damage your computer? Maybe you should get like a surge protector or something.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 09, 07:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a computer plugged directly into an outlet, without a surge protector, is asking for trouble. However, if power goes out, the computer shuts down without saving regardless of what you have it plugged into. Even if you had some sort of generator backup, you'd have a blip in power.

If you have a backup, TimeStop, pull that. If not, you'll have to clone the sims in SimPE/CAS and rebuild the 'hood from scratch. Do not play the neighborhood as it currently is.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 09, 08:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a computer plugged directly into an outlet, without a surge protector, is asking for trouble. However, if power goes out, the computer shuts down without saving regardless of what you have it plugged into. Even if you had some sort of generator backup, you'd have a blip in power.
That's what you need a UPS for, it keeps the power running in the event of flickers, or when you change over the generator.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TimeStop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 09, 11:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks guys. I'm going to try playing off a backup and if that doesn't work I'll use simPE.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: