More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:16:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: November 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: November 2009  (Read 42330 times)
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
EAxis House of Phail: November 2009
« on: 2009 November 07, 16:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go ahead with this for November then.
Watervista Palace has annoyed me ever since I "found" this "hidden bonus lot" in Belladonna Cove. It has no visible support, hanging in the air like some huge tree house wannabe with no entry doors and almost no windows. My bonus rule would be to leave hills and trees in lot landscaping (amazingly the lot edges are already flat).

I just realized that from this view it looks like a giant alien creature. The legs are the two staircases and the eyes are the two windows. LOL

Amazingly, the lot edges are already flat. Lot packaged and attached here, for anyone who needs a copy.

Rules (cut and pasted from last month):

1. No CC (or, if CC is used, say what has been included and also provide a second "cleaned" download).  Please indicate expansion and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Monthly rules:

6. Bonus points if you can keep the hills and trees in place in the landscaping.
Open to suggestions for other bonus rules.

http://www.box.net/shared/udc0h9rmlq
« Last Edit: 2009 November 08, 02:01:21 by chobeegal » Logged

simsrocks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: November 2009
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 07, 17:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that posted version require all the EPs/SPs?. I only have up to Seasons :/
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 07, 19:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely requires AL simsrocks. For the other EPs/SPs, it depends if chobeegal used the Anygame starter program to get this lot, or if she took it out of the game with all her current packs.

It doesn't look like a hard lot to recreate anyways, it's just an octagon with 4 walls for each side and 3 walls for each diagonal. Just make a 4X4 lot (judging by the pictures) and create the floating, octagonal house roughly in the middle of the lot. The trees are base game, the roof looks like it's from the base game, and the stuff inside would probably be deleted anyways. And if you wanted to, you can get some player-created spiral staircases from MTS2.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 07, 19:25:53 by Jorganza » Logged
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

Well at least I aint stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 07, 21:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not using CC is - in itself - challenging. But since I'm too lazy to figure out who I got stuff from (& am totally chickenshit about makeing them or you mad that I used it) -- I'll try it (ug) plane..
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 08, 00:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I shall have to re-create this lot since I don't have AL installed. :]
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 08, 01:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I don't have any game starter. It looked more complex than I wanted to deal with, and also since this is a Belladonna Lot I could not have started with anything earlier than AL and M&G is the only thing after AL anyway. I do have all of both the EPs and the SPs installed, so I guess if you don't have them, maybe someone with any game could maybe build a Base compatible version or each person could try recreating their own version. I don't think we should be nitpicky if it isn't an exact replica.

Not using CC is - in itself - challenging. But since I'm too lazy to figure out who I got stuff from (& am totally chickenshit about makeing them or you mad that I used it) -- I'll try it (ug) plane..
I went out on a limb last month and stripped out all my downloads just to see if I could actually build something reasonably decent without using them. I was shocked that I had so little problem in actually doing so. Well, I guess they were pretty good; I liked them at least. LOL
« Last Edit: 2009 November 08, 01:57:22 by chobeegal » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 08, 06:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watervista Palace has annoyed me ever since I "found" this "hidden bonus lot" in Belladonna Cove. It has no visible support, hanging in the air like some huge tree house wannabe with no entry doors and almost no windows. My bonus rule would be to leave hills and trees in lot landscaping (amazingly the lot edges are already flat).
It's Baba Yaga's hut, you ignorant buffoon!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 08, 08:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So who the fuck is Baba Yaga? Not that I really give a fuck. How does it make me an ignorant buffoon not to know this idiotic piece of Maxis phail shit is supposed to be the hut of some fucker I've never heard of, don't give a fucking hairy rat's ass about, and wouldn't give a flying fuck if I never heard of? Just because you know an inconsequential piece of trivia shit that I don't, does not make me an ignorant buffoon, but you calling me that makes you an ignorant, supercilious, asshole. I doubtless know a lot of useless trivia shit that you never fucking dreamed of, but I wouldn't call you an ignorant buffoon for not knowing it. A conceited, vain, egocentric, bigheaded, arrogant, egotistical, condescending, pompous, pretentious, narcissistic, self-important, full of yourself, motherfucker you may be, but not an ignorant buffoon. And yes, I did make use of my thesaurus in order to be certain I didn't omit any vital words in the assessment of your stellar qualities.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 08, 08:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=baba+yaga

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 08, 09:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So who the fuck is Baba Yaga? Not that I really give a fuck. How does it make me an ignorant buffoon not to know this idiotic piece of Maxis phail shit is supposed to be the hut of some fucker I've never heard of, don't give a fucking hairy rat's ass about, and wouldn't give a flying fuck if I never heard of? Just because you know an inconsequential piece of trivia shit that I don't, does not make me an ignorant buffoon, but you calling me that makes you an ignorant, supercilious, asshole. I doubtless know a lot of useless trivia shit that you never fucking dreamed of, but I wouldn't call you an ignorant buffoon for not knowing it. A conceited, vain, egocentric, bigheaded, arrogant, egotistical, condescending, pompous, pretentious, narcissistic, self-important, full of yourself, motherfucker you may be, but not an ignorant buffoon. And yes, I did make use of my thesaurus in order to be certain I didn't omit any vital words in the assessment of your stellar qualities.

Dear God of whatever denomination, calm down!
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 08, 09:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'll eat crow now. Cheesy Well not totally, I won't retract my thesaurus rant, but I actually got curious enough to google Baba Yaga and guess what. I remembered briefly touching on that tale in one of my Folklore classes years ago at University of Oregon. I had forgotten because we didn't dwell much on Slavic folklore; the concentration was more focused on English, Irish, Welsh and Scots lore. As soon as I read the bit about the hut on chicken legs though it reminded me that I had heard of Baba Yaga way back then (nearly 30 years ago). If you hadn't pissed me off, I'd actually have looked it up before I wrote my rant. I'd still have written it, just toned down a notch or two.

Dear God of whatever denomination, calm down!
I'm calm, I'm calm. LOL

grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 08, 18:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never apologize -- unless "eating crow" was not ment as an apologize. In which case, I apologize. I enjoyed your rant, as I also vicariously enjoy Lord Pescado's flagelations (an INTJ myself). I give you a ben for seven "fuck" derivations and five anal references.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 08, 23:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had nothing to do today so I got a house down already. It's a church based somewhat from a video game.

Front view

Back view (the dome covers the original two story octagon.)

First floor, seating area.

Overlooking the wrapped around balcony on the third floor.

Eating/Ball room

View from above. (The staircase leads to a secret room)

I'm uploading it, but I'd advise those with weak computers shouldn't download it, or at least modify it a little. The lot is 4 stories high filled with mirrors and surrounded by many trees, so removing some of the mirrors and trees will help for slower computers

I've tested it and everything is reachable. All EPs and SPs Download here
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 08, 23:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW! Amazing! That's all I can say. It sure doesn't look like the same building. I'd have never recognized it, way to go Jorganza!

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 09, 03:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy cow! That's positively stunning! It reminds me of Versailles for some reason, even though the deep burgundy is nothing like it. Perhaps it's the mirrors?

Well, piddle. My house doesn't seem as nice anymore. Time to start over!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 09, 07:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'll eat crow now. Cheesy Well not totally, I won't retract my thesaurus rant, but I actually got curious enough to google Baba Yaga and guess what. I remembered briefly touching on that tale in one of my Folklore classes years ago at University of Oregon. I had forgotten because we didn't dwell much on Slavic folklore; the concentration was more focused on English, Irish, Welsh and Scots lore. As soon as I read the bit about the hut on chicken legs though it reminded me that I had heard of Baba Yaga way back then (nearly 30 years ago). If you hadn't pissed me off, I'd actually have looked it up before I wrote my rant. I'd still have written it, just toned down a notch or two.
Why the heck did it piss you off, anyway? A little jab never hurt anyone.

I never studied Slavic folk tales, but ran into the Baba Yaga story through another route. It was discussed when AL came out and people first found the lot that it appeared to be a very bad attempt at an homage to the tale. Bad. Very bad.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 14, 18:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never studied Slavic folk tales, but ran into the Baba Yaga story through another route. It was discussed when AL came out and people first found the lot that it appeared to be a very bad attempt at an homage to the tale. Bad. Very bad.

Yes, but I still damn near squealed like a 6 when I noticed the "toes".  I hadn't seen this lot until this thread, and felt like I just got a prezzie.  I know it's not possible, but I sort of wish it wandered around.  That would make my day, along with a modified social worker. Wink

Coming down from the land of pure imagination, and thinking more directly about the challenge;  What I'd want to make would end up more along the lines of exacerbating the phail, rather than mitigating it.   Less accessible/moar baba!  Any witch/warlock worth their salt circle can teleport, after all.  Shame I'm such a shitty builder.  Er, either that or everyone could breathe a collective sigh of relief.  All together now!
Sipu_von_Sapu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 17, 09:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Jorganza,  Shocked  that church is truly amazing, I think I can use that in my game. Thanks for sharing!

Gone with the SIM
grammapat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 19, 21:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My renovation went the other way; didn't add to size at all, just used a lot of "move objects", etc. to create a tree-house. I really like it, even tested it with a woman & her cat.  But you can't see it cause it's full of CC & I can't upload anyhow. So you'll have to trust me it's wonderful no really aahhh.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 20, 17:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My renovation went the other way; didn't add to size at all, just used a lot of "move objects", etc. to create a tree-house. I really like it, even tested it with a woman & her cat.  But you can't see it cause it's full of CC & I can't upload anyhow. So you'll have to trust me it's wonderful no really aahhh.

Why can't you at least post pics? Photobucket has free accounts you could use for that purpose. I'm afraid we can not just take your word for your remake's wonderful properties without at least some visual confirmation.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 23, 08:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK here we go with my remake. Somehow the word Palace just locked in my head (though the original lot certainly met none of the "Palace" criteria IMHO) and I couldn't dislodge it. I had to transform it into something at least similar to a Palace. Actually, until just recently I for some unknown reason had always misread Palace as Place, which truthfully had permitted my imagination more freedom in my remodels. It's damned frustrating and difficult when your imagination restricts you to one narrow idea! Also, as a "Watervista" it had to remain overlooking the water in some fashion, so I couldn't make it a "Castle on a hill" so to speak. There is a sort of "guest room" on the second floor, but no bathroom. The "guest facilities" are located in the basement. This is intentional to avoid guests overstaying their welcome. They'll soon get tired of having to trek three floors down and circumnavigate the pool to have a middle of the night pee. There are otherwise 3 bedrooms, and two baths. The Master suite on the top floor also has a large walk-in closet.

It's not really a "Palace" I know, but I think it is kind of Palace-like in outer appearance. It comes nowhere near being as awesome as Jorganza's "Cathedral" though!

Slideshow: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Watervista%20Palace/?albumview=slideshow
Download: http://www.box.net/shared/sydyfvdkcv

Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 24, 19:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice house chobeegal! I like the twist on a traditional pagoda style building, and the ground floor pool area, very creative!
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 28, 16:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an art gallery, with an octagon ballroom in the back and a restaurant, there are no bathrooms because I couldn't work on it for a long time, since I had to get to bed.

Download here.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 28, 18:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry, I can only gasp in awestruck amazement. I suppose the fact that this required going no less than four levels high inspired the grandiose and extravagant flair both you and Jorganza have achieved with your creations. They make mine look pretty pitiful by comparison. Of course, both of you went with turning it into a type of community lot while I stayed with keeping it residential and I think you can better get away with ostentatiousness…er…ostentatiousity?... in a community lot. (Yes I know those are not "real" words but they seemed to fit the idea I was trying to convey.)

Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 28, 19:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can't really achieve a lot of antiquity using a residential lot, unless if you add a lot of bits and pieces to it, but its simpler to make antiquity in a comm lot, since you only have a set theme to it.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: