More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 17:34:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How did this dormie die?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How did this dormie die?  (Read 4697 times)
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
How did this dormie die?
« on: 2009 November 04, 15:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My YA left the dorm for a jaunt on campus and then downtown. When he returned, there was a tombstone by the mailbox. I was gone long enough that I couldn't remember if it had been raining as he pulled away. Still, I chalked the death up to (probably) a lightning strike.

I didn't recognize the name on the tombstone and thought the victim must have been a visitor since my dorm appeared full. Last night, the ghost finally haunted. He drifted upstairs, cheered a bed, was furious at another dormie and scared a few peeps. He also hangs out near the mini fridge upstairs but doesn't raid it.

My only problem? The ghost is white. I watched him for quite some time. He obviously is not an elder. Is his color some stupid glitch because he's a YA dormie? Any ideas on what killed him if it wasn't lightning?

I'm more curious than anything else. In all my years of play, that's the first time I've had a ghost and not been able to pinpoint what killed it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: How did this dormie die?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 04, 15:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts have this tendency to lose their color, particularly if they reappear by the mailbox. There is no obvious way of determining how it died from visual inspection in-game if you have a white ghost.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 04, 18:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! I thought I'd missed a new death type or something. It probably was lightning (unless the dormie the ghost is furious with murdered him while I wasn't looking Grin ).
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 04, 18:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a sim die from being struck by lightning (is that how it works?) but believe me, I've tried. The sim that did die, died of starvation due to lightning related motive depletion (...or is that how it's supposed to work?) so his ghost has no spectral colour. Sounds like that's what happened here.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 06, 02:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only guessing that lightning killed him since I didn't see it. How dare he die when I couldn't point and laugh?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 06, 04:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it died of hail? I don't know what color a hail ghost is, but lightning ghosts should be yellow. If a non-selectable is hit by hail, it will never queuecancel it so will just sit there being bombarded until it dies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 06, 06:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly, death by hail creates a fuchsia-colored ghost—which, incidentally, is repeatedly walloped by hail every time they come to haunt.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 06, 09:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't remember seeing the code for that anywhere, at least not while making the Brynne ghost.

songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 06, 17:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's driving me nuts that he's white. I thought he might be a very pale yellow (for lightning) but he's not. He's white. I hate mysteries!  Grin
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 06, 19:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, you seriously have to love a place where people from all over the world come to discuss the fine points of color differentiation  on pixilated ghosts.

Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: